The Official Tennis Thread (18 Viewers)

Sep 1, 2002
Clijsters isnt only a great tennis player, but she is simply a classy woman who is very down to earth and easy going. Hearing her press conference, its very different from your average athletes typical routine, she comes off honest and quite likeable.

Regarding the current game, I really like Del Potro, and eager to see more of him, just not facing this Federer, because he is bullying Del Potro like Del Potro himself bullied the shit out of Nadal. Is just on another level.
He is FAAAAAAAAAR from boring, in fact he defines the ridicolous alluring excellence of sports in general. Its just ridicolous to watch the perfection. Yes its "predictable" that he wins, and you can moan about knowing the outcome, but how about simply watch a genial master at work?
Too bloody right.

Some people just think that they are being disloyal go their own past favourites, if they were to accept his greatness.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yeah that would be nice, some tension, but Roger has a way of not losing tiebreaks, he had tiebreaks against Söderling (twice) and Djokovic, he tends to bring his A game come tie break, with his variety of serves and movement.

But yeah, Del Potro doing a "Söderling", and coming on strong latter in the game, would be nice drama.

faank

Sep 27, 2008
:weee: During the second set I thought it was all over but he showed great character and managed to get advantage of Fed's mistakes. Even though he lost the third by hitting two double faults, he got back in the game again. Never thought he would be so strong mentally but I'm happy he proved me wrong. You just gotta love those forehand bombs. Good job Delpo!

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Mens Tennis has REALLY stepped up big time in quality IMO. The standard is insanely brilliant. So much so that it makes one go from semi-casual viewer of the big games mainly, to following this ridicolous pool of players in overall.

SoulSiick

Schizoid Man
Oct 16, 2007

Agassi had one of the biggest turnarounds of tennis history with doping by jumping from rank of 122 to top ten, by winning 5 ATP final out of 10 finals and winning grand slam some time after that.he completed his career grand slam 2 years later.

He lied to ATP when he wrote letter and told them he used the drug accidentally and they bought that. he could have punished, get suspended and never won those majors and titles after that.

He was helped by his drug-user assistant, known as Slim.

“Slim dumps a small pile of powder on the coffee table. He cuts it, snorts it. He cuts it again. I snort some. I ease back on the couch and consider the Rubicon I’ve crossed,” he said.

“There is a moment of regret, followed by vast sadness. Then comes a tidal wave of euphoria that sweeps away every negative thought in my head. I’ve never felt so alive, so hopeful—and I’ve never felt such energy.”
Agassi recounts the moment in 1997 when he received a phone call from a doctor working for the ATP who informed him that he had failed a drugs test for a Class 2 recreational drug.

“My name, my career, everything is now on the line. Whatever I’ve achieved, whatever I’ve worked for, might soon mean nothing. Days later I sit in a hard-backed chair, a legal pad in my lap, and write a letter to the ATP. It’s filled with lies interwoven with bits of truth,” Agassi said.

He described how he concocted a story that he had acidentally drunk a soda spiked with crystal meth belonging to his drug-user assistant Slim.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)