The Official Tennis Thread (8 Viewers)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Djokovic is king.
What a player!! I saw him lose the game against Nalbandian a couple of weeks ago but I saw a champion in him.

Intro, the member who was so much into betting, is a tennis fan and we share the same opinion. During the Sampras days there was a big competition and many champions duelled with him, Becker, Agassi and a few others here and there. Tennis was on a higher level. Now with Federer on the field there is hardly any tough competition except for Nadal and that is only on clay.

Why did I mention that? Because I think Djokovic is Federer's competition next year. And finally the game has got some match up.

Geof

May 14, 2004
Sorry to bump up an old thread, but I thought I might as well reuse this.

What do you guys think of Martina Hingis' retirement and drug controversy?
Positive on coke during Wimbeldon, aye?

She never had the mental strength to stay in the circuit. Crowned too early, washed away already twice.
Justine's bigget strenght is her mental, imo. Incredible how she keeps on going with the same passion.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004

She never had the mental strength to stay in the circuit. Crowned too early, washed away already twice.
Justine's bigget strenght is her mental, imo. Incredible how she keeps on going with the same passion.
Justine has the Graf in her.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

What a player!! I saw him lose the game against Nalbandian a couple of weeks ago but I saw a champion in him.

Intro, the member who was so much into betting, is a tennis fan and we share the same opinion. During the Sampras days there was a big competition and many champions duelled with him, Becker, Agassi and a few others here and there. Tennis was on a higher level. Now with Federer on the field there is hardly any tough competition except for Nadal and that is only on clay.

Why did I mention that? Because I think Djokovic is Federer's competition next year. And finally the game has got some match up.
I hope so.. Djokovic certainly has it in him, though Federer is the one who matters, when he's interested and concentrated(which he is usually 95% of the time) practically no one can come near him. He's simply a robot, when he looses I have a feeling he didn't loose because the opponent was better but because Federer wasn't completelly in it.

I don't think the competition is that weak against him either, he's simply on a another level and it messes with other players' morale. Djokovic is young and very talented but I wouldn't call on him taking on Federer's crown just yet, but in a few years if he keeps on improving, he can do it.

For now I'll be pleased if Nole wipes the floor with that girl scout Nadal, whole season long.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

I am actually fond of Nadal beating Roger's ass in Roland Garros year in year out.
Not a fan of either but I hate Nadal from the deepest bottom of my soul. He's such a poser, a model, he undescribeably irritates me.

I love Djokovic's impression of him, he's got him spot on. :howler:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Yea same here but I am satisfied for the time being as I don't want Federer winning the French Open. Hopefully Djokovic will take over stopping the Swiss from more Grand Slams.

What's Djokovic's impression of him?

JuveAdam

Moggi santo..subito
Sep 12, 2006

Hingis was a child prodigy, & sadly like a lot of those today she rebelled against everything, sacked her mum as manager (how the hell can you sack your mother?) & started a downward spiral, coke being the retreat of so many people in that situation.

I love Djokovic's impression of him, he's got him spot on. :howler:
:agree: :lol:

Recently Novak has started to do impressions of other players when hes way ahead & serving, his Nadal is very good, but his Sharapova is perfect! :p

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Yea same here but I am satisfied for the time being as I don't want Federer winning the French Open. Hopefully Djokovic will take over stopping the Swiss from more Grand Slams.

Hard to describe, there are lots of videos on youTube. He does quite a few players.

soulslider

Rregula sound
May 16, 2006
I am actually fond of Nadal beating Roger's ass in Roland Garros year in year out.
:agree:

Forza 'Pistol Pete' and his record of 14 Grand Slams , altough Federer will probably break that record .

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
I like Nole too, he is my favorite player for some time, beside him I support Ancic and that's it.

Federer is a class for himself, and noone can't be compared to him at the moment, he is winning matches gently with grace unlike Nadal who base his game mostly on his strenght. (did anyone noticed difference between his left and right arm?)

And what about Nalbandian you guys think? He is one of the most talented players in the world, but the thing is that he is playing tennis more for fun and not like a professional. I heard he barely train.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
:agree:

Forza 'Pistol Pete' and his record of 14 Grand Slams , altough Federer will probably break that record .
Another Sampras fan :touched:

Yes, I'm afraid Federer will break his record but that's not because he's the better player only because he doesn't have the competition Sampras had.

soulslider

Rregula sound
May 16, 2006
Another Sampras fan :touched:

Yes, I'm afraid Federer will break his record but that's not because he's the better player only because he doesn't have the competition Sampras had.
That is my exact thought , i belive Federer wouldn't win half of the things he has won if he played in the era with Sampras , Agassi , Becker and rest of the players that played back then, the competition was just sick

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
That is my exact thought , i belive Federer wouldn't win half of the things he has won if he played in the era with Sampras , Agassi , Becker and rest of the players that played back then, the competition was just sick
Jim Courrier, Richard Krajicek, Goran Ivanisevic, Yevgeny Kafelnikov and Thomas Muster.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I remember when he beat Sampras in that wimbledon in 1996 :cry: , if he hadn't done that Pete would have won 8 Wimbledon's in a row.
Indeed, I remember that semi-final very well.

Richard went to play Malivay Washington in the final and I think it was that game where a naked woman came in running on the pitch, right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)