The Official Snooker Thread (2 Viewers)

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
Just finished watching O'Sullivan vs Selby world championships 2020 and what an epic match it was. Selby was leading 16-14, one frame away from going to the final but then Ronnie responded with 138 and 71 and held Selby scoreless for those 2 frames and game was 16-16, next frame wins the match. A long safety battle in the beginning, couldn't really seperate the reds at all, then Selby left one long red open and Ronnie took it, did 64 break but missed long red and gave Selby an opportunity but he couldn't use it either and he did ~25 and then started a massive safety battle. It was like a total rollercoaster, snooker after snooker, counter snookers, couple fluke snookers etc. but in the end, one little mistake and Ronnie took it home by 17-16 and went to the final.

EPIC.

Buy on AliExpress.com

abstract

Mar 3, 2012
Just finished watching O'Sullivan vs Selby world championships 2020 and what an epic match it was. Selby was leading 16-14, one frame away from going to the final but then Ronnie responded with 138 and 71 and held Selby scoreless for those 2 frames and game was 16-16, next frame wins the match. A long safety battle in the beginning, couldn't really seperate the reds at all, then Selby left one long red open and Ronnie took it, did 64 break but missed long red and gave Selby an opportunity but he couldn't use it either and he did ~25 and then started a massive safety battle. It was like a total rollercoaster, snooker after snooker, counter snookers, couple fluke snookers etc. but in the end, one little mistake and Ronnie took it home by 17-16 and went to the final.

EPIC.
Both matches were crazy, feel sorry for McGill for losing in that fashion in 33rd frame.O'Sullivan is a big favorite in the final.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Both matches were crazy, feel sorry for McGill for losing in that fashion in 33rd frame.O'Sullivan is a big favorite in the final.
Nah, mcgill has only himself to blame.
After potting the last red,and having the black ball on the edge of the pocket,he should have done better.
Great semifinals, though, but Selby Ronnie was the final .
I expect a formality next game.
In 20 years of watching snooker ,I have never seen something like the last frame of Wilson vs mcgill.

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

abstract

Mar 3, 2012
Nah, mcgill has only himself to blame.
After potting the last red,and having the black ball on the edge of the pocket,he should have done better.
Great semifinals, though, but Selby Ronnie was the final .
I expect a formality next game.
In 20 years of watching snooker ,I have never seen something like the last frame of Wilson vs mcgill.

Both Wilson and McGill had a lot chances in that last frame, still it sucks to lose like that in the final frame.It will be very hard for Wilson to win against Ronnie for sure.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Btw, I had lunch with my coworkers earlier this week. Yes, that still happens whenever there's a visible comet in the sky.

I learned about O'Sullivan and snooker. It's real! I couldn't believe it. :D

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Those semi finals yesterday were incredible.

I'm not the sort who will sit and watch for hours as it loses my interest a little bit, but there were so many turns I kept half an eye on what was going on. When Ronnie fancies it he really turns it on and gets under people's skin with some of his antics. I noticed Mark Selby was complaining about a few things yesterday.

@swag Ronnie O'Sullivan is the kind of flawed genius of the sport, probably the most talented player ever but says what he wants, including criticising the governing body, venues and other players. He puts effort in when he wants. Even turns up for tournaments when he wants. Sometimes he just isn't interested at all. For most of the past 10 years he hasn't been ranked 1st for this reason. Tbh I'm surprised he's still playing at 44.

Just this week he said that he and two other guys the same age were still so successful because the up-and-coming young players were not good enough, only "half decent amateurs", which is not only not true but a poor dig at players of whom a lot are probably only playing the sport because of Ronnie and their admiration for him. The fact is you can play a sport like snooker well in your 40s, but many excel in their 30s. Ronnie was a wonderkid and won his entire career, not all can be as good as him.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
1 frame away from winning the 6th.

Might be the last one for the "genius with the stick", so let's enjoy for this one.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
1 frame away from winning the 6th.

Might be the last one for the "genius with the stick", so let's enjoy for this one.
He ia going to try for 1 more I believe ,to tie hendry's record.
He could have had 10 by now if he would have learned to be patient.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I'm just watching the post-match and he said he's not really focused on 7, but I bet he would like it. With Ronnie it's always the case whether he's in the right frame of mind before and during the tournament.

For me he's definitely the GOAT, with Stephen Hendry and John Higgins following.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Looks like Ding Junhui is going to be about the only notable Chinese player that isn't going to be suspended for match fixing at this rate. Terrible for the sport and its growth really.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I'm not Seven, obviously, but yes. It got quite a lot of coverage, starting with the quarter final & then obviously peaking during & after the final.
I honestly forgot you were Belgian.

It's good for the sport though, needs more Euro players, especially now the Chinese love a gamble too much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)