The Official Snooker Thread (1 Viewer)

Ascension

Sep 16, 2005
Stephen Hendry just slammed Neil Robertson 5-0. The Danish commentator received an SMS asking whether good old Hendry could take the world championship this year. The reply was that the way he is playing now, why not?

I'm definately supporting Hendry for the Malta Cup. He's my second favourite player after Ronnie. :pint: :oops:

Ascension

Sep 16, 2005
O'SULLIVAN PLANS TO REBUILD
14 Feb 2007 15:35:00

Perennial perfectionist Ronnie O'Sullivan announced his intention to dismantle his cue action and rebuild his game despite an easy win against Ian McCulloch today.

The Rocket’s 5-1 victory saw him through to the last 16 of the Welsh Open and a meeting with Mark Selby.

O’Sullivan often cites Tiger Woods as his sporting hero but it’s another golfer, Nick Faldo, whose example he plans to follow with a major change to his technique.

"I’ve been playing so badly," said the SAGA Insurance Masters champion. "I have the ability to play badly and win but I can’t accept that any more. I’m going to take my game apart and forget about results for 18 months or two years. I’ll reap the benefits whenever they come.

"I only play this game to reach the standards I know I’m capable of and I haven’t done that yet. Trophies and money mean nothing to me. I need to find some consistency, some form, and I’ll only do that by working on my technique and taking my game apart and learning more about the game."

Today’s match represented revenge for the 31-year-old from Chigwell as McCulloch beat him 5-1 at the same stage last year.

It never looked like a repeat was on the cards. O’Sullivan took the first with a run of 85, then McCulloch levelled in the next.

But the Preston potter rued a couple of kicks at vital moments and had to sit back as O’Sullivan reeled off the next four fames with top breaks of 109 and 64.

Dave Harold made an amazing comeback from 4-1 down to beat Maplin UK Champion Peter Ebdon 5-4.

Ebdon made breaks of 64, 74 and 65 to establish what looked to be a winning lead. Back came Stoke potter Harold, winning the sixth frame with a 41 clearance, the seventh with a 75 and the eighth after Ebdon had missed the last red.

In a scrappy decider, Dubai-based Ebdon missed a tricky black with two reds left at 31-39 and eventually lost it on the last green.

"I beat Peter from 4-1 down in the Irish Masters two years ago, so that must have been playing on his mind," said former Asian Open champion Harold. "To go 4-1 up he didn’t miss a ball but towards the end he started feeling the pressure.

"The sixth frame was a turning point, I made a tough clearance, then I found a bit of form. He had all the run of the ball in the last frame and I thought it wouldn’t be my day, but I kept my nerve

"If I keep playing like I did from 4-1 down today I can compete with anyone."

Harold now plays Anthony Hamilton, who ended a terrible sequence of ten consecutive defeats in ranking events with a 5-4 win over Joe Perry, closing with a 119 in the decider.

World No 1 Stephen Hendry claimed a 5-2 win over teenage qualifier Ben Woollaston with best efforts of 71 and 128.

"I wouldn't have recognised Ben before the match," said Hendry of the European Under-19 champion. "But that's often the way these days because there are so many players coming through.

"I played well so I'm happy, it would be nice to get a run going. Not meaning to sound big-headed, but I've got a good record at most venues. My record over the past two or three years has been rubbish but if I keep playing well the wins will come."

worldsnooker.com

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
lol No, I just wanted to get some pix, the game's called billyard where I come from, so... :D

haha man, that is the 2nd most disgusting picture I've ever posted :rofl2:

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

lol No, I just wanted to get some pix, the game's called billyard where I come from, so... :D

haha man, that is the 2nd most disgusting picture I've ever posted :rofl2:
Snooker is a billiards game, just like 8ball, 9ball...

Yeah, disgusting it was. :D

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
Anyone saw O'Sullivan's performance yesterday?
Won 5-2 against Carter, won all frames with 100+ brakes and had a 147 break.
What a player.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)