The Official Snooker Thread (4 Viewers)

OP
Snoop

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
  • Thread Starter #83
    Seems no one is watching the Final.

It wasn't as bad as I expected, actually Ebdon is doing good job, and winning frames after frame, he was 8 frame behind, now 2. the score is 15-13 to Dott.

OP
    Snoop

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
  • Thread Starter #91
    Great Job Ebdon, this guy is a true sportman, hats off :thumbs:

ThePLaya

Nov 8, 2005
    The worst Final i've ever seen ,, Both players couldn't even show us a century break for 8 consecutive frames !

Ebdon was a reall fighter coming back winning 6 frames .. good effort !

i wish if this final was between Ronnie O Sullivan & Matthew Stevens

Dott deserve it actually after loosing the title against Ronnie 2 years ago.

Manuel

Aug 8, 2003
    snoop said:
    Seems no one is watching the Final.

It wasn't as bad as I expected, actually Ebdon is doing good job, and winning frames after frame, he was 8 frame behind, now 2. the score is 15-13 to Dott.
    I had to stop watching after the opening frame of the final session, it took them 1h 14minutes to finish it. At that point my eyes were starting to bleed.:(
    But other than that, it was a good final, though I would have liked to see Ebdon and Dott take a little more risk, instead of the "oops, ran out of position, slightly difficult pot on, nah, I'll just play it safe".

OP
    Snoop

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
  • Thread Starter #96
    Bardock said:
    I had to stop watching after the opening frame of the final session, it took them 1h 14minutes to finish it. At that point my eyes were starting to bleed.:(
    But other than that, it was a good final, though I would have liked to see Ebdon and Dott take a little more risk, instead of the "oops, ran out of position, slightly difficult pot on, nah, I'll just play it safe".
    playing safety is one of the reasons I love this game, this is not like Billiards, that you put the balls one after other in the pot.

the thing I loved in Ebdon, that he never gives up, there were a frame, where two balls left , he needed a snooker, and didn't give. unlike other, specially o' sullivan, he gave up many frames, that maybe he could win them. :disagree:

when is the next tour? six months?8?

Boksic

May 11, 2005
    i thought it was a great final, one of the best i have ever seen.

Ebdons comeback was unbelievable, and you did not know if Dott had it in him to bounce back and win a frame. Snooker is not always about making centuries, safety shots can be even more exciting.

My only problem was that Ebdon is such a slow player that its just frustrating and annoying how long he takes over the simplist of shots.

I'm just glad Dott managed to win, he deserved the title for his gutts and the way he has played this tournement.

Manuel

Aug 8, 2003
    snoop said:
    playing safety is one of the reasons I love this game, this is not like Billiards, that you put the balls one after other in the pot.
    True, safeties and the tactical exchange are an important part of snooker. They're exiting to play, but, especially after awhile, they become boring to watch. I'm not criticizing the players cause they play a safety, I'm criticizing the players cause they play a safety when, in my opinion, it is the wrong shot to play. Dott almost lost another frame when instead of playing a thin snick in the middle (he only needed that red and a colour to clinch the frame), he played it safe.

snoop said:
    the thing I loved in Ebdon, that he never gives up, there were a frame, where two balls left , he needed a snooker, and didn't give. unlike other, specially o' sullivan, he gave up many frames, that maybe he could win them. :disagree:
    But as said before on here, O'Sullivan lacks patience, he is on his best when he's in the middle of the balls, potting away. He will play safeties when the frame is still undecided, but when he actually needs snookers to win a frame, he is quick to concede, cause it takes him out of his ritme. He would rather start a new frame and try to get a break on.

snoop said:
    when is the next tour? six months?8?
    First tournament of the new season is the Nothern Ireland Open, I think. First major one is the Grand Prix which is normally sometime in October.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    Hats off to him, didn't think he stood a chance against Ebdon but proved me wrong, worthy winner in the end. Though an absolutely dire final, one frame was almost an hour and 20, a new world championship record!

Manuel

Aug 8, 2003
    Quote of this Crucible: a fan shouting to Ebdon, during the Ebdon - Murphy match (I think): "C'mon! It's like watching paint dry.":rofl2:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)