The Official Snooker Thread (1 Viewer)

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
whoa, sean murphy has come back to 10-6, it was 8-1 I think the last time I saw it!! Is it too late though, with only 13 needed to clinch it

Manuel

Aug 8, 2003
Well it seems that The Rocket has taken off, Ronnie leads 10-6 against Mark Williams. The Ken Doherty - Marco Fu match is still anyone's game, they're at 10-10.

Manuel

Aug 8, 2003
Damn, what is up with Fu? I don't rate him that highly, yet he is in the semi-final, knocking out McManus, Maguire and now Doherty along the way.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
Its his new coach terry griffiths, who's also coached williams and hendry int eh past. They've changed bits about his technique as last year he was out of the top 30 players. The boy's on fire now!

beating Doherty has put him right up there with a serious chance at this

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Bardock said:
Damn, what is up with Fu? I don't rate him that highly, yet he is in the semi-final, knocking out McManus, Maguire and now Doherty along the way.
He's playing exactly like Paul Hunter two years ago.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
you shouldn't all be so happy. If KD had won the tournament I was going to share my £450 winnings with you guys for a mega night out on the lash :D

not that you deserve it :disagree: ;)

OP
Snoop

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
  • Thread Starter #51
    Jeeks said:
    I knew it :weee:
    Intro will love me now, I made him money with this bet.
    I knew I will regret to not put my money there :mad: but the time I checked the odds it was 1.9 so :angel:

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Will Fu be able to beat Ebdon?

I see O'Sullivan in the final, will whoever he meets be able to stand a chance?

OP
    Snoop

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
  • Thread Starter #54
    Ronnie is going for title I bet, but ebdon is very calm and plays carefully, I don't know about Fu.

There is another chinese young man, 19 yo maybe, forgot his name. he was doing good job the last tournamnet. does anyone know him?

Intro

Apr 6, 2005
    snoop said:
    I knew I will regret to not put my money there :mad: but the time I checked the odds it was 1.9 so :angel:
    The odds were ridiculously overrated for Doherty in this match. I have to thank Jeeks once again for highlighting this opportunity. I took him again still available @ 3.50 at 9-10 this afternoon. Crazy prices to offer so close to the completion of a match especially when Fu had been the attacking player. There was luck however, especially that 21st frame which should have been Fu's until a miss on frame-ball - only for Doherty to mess up the clearance.

I'm not sure about Fu's chances against Ebdon. Despite how much I hate the boring guy he has undoubted quality. Twice having a chance for 147 break was just rubbing salt into the Murphy victory.

OP
    Snoop

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
  • Thread Starter #56
    Intro said:
    The odds were ridiculously overrated for Doherty in this match. I have to thank Jeeks once again for highlighting this opportunity. I took him again still available @ 3.50 at 9-10 this afternoon. Crazy prices to offer so close to the completion of a match especially when Fu had been the attacking player. There was luck however, especially that 21st frame which should have been Fu's until a miss on frame-ball - only for Doherty to mess up the clearance.

I'm not sure about Fu's chances against Ebdon. Despite how much I hate the boring guy he has undoubted quality. Twice having a chance for 147 break was just rubbing salt into the Murphy victory.
    yep very good guess by Jeeks, it is a surprise thou, wasn't Doherty ranking second of world's snooker players? I will take his advise for Fu too, if the odds is as high as it was.

I wish If you posted that the odds were 3.5 . when I saw it 1.9 , I tought it didn't worth to risk.

Manuel

Aug 8, 2003
    snoop said:
    There is another chinese young man, 19 yo maybe, forgot his name. he was doing good job the last tournamnet. does anyone know him?
    I think you mean Ding Junhui, who indeed has a lot of potential.

I see an O'Sullivan - Ebdon finale. Hopefully Ronnie can take his revenge on Ebdon for last years elimination from the Crucible, in which Ebdon played in a way that in my opinion was a disgrace to the game of snooker.

snoop said:
    yep very good guess by Jeeks, it is a surprise thou, wasn't Doherty ranking second of world's snooker players?
    No Doherty is ranked 11th, here is the current top 11:
    1 Ronnie O’Sullivan
    2 Stephen Hendry
    3 Stephen Maguire
    4 Matthew Stevens
    5 Paul Hunter
    6 John Higgins
    7 Peter Ebdon
    8 Jimmy White
    9 Mark J Williams
    10 Stephen Lee
    11 Ken Doherty

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    Bardock said:
    No Doherty is ranked 11th, here is the current top 11:
    1 Ronnie O’Sullivan
    2 Stephen Hendry
    3 Stephen Maguire
    4 Matthew Stevens
    5 Paul Hunter
    6 John Higgins
    7 Peter Ebdon
    8 Jimmy White
    9 Mark J Williams
    10 Stephen Lee
    11 Ken Doherty
    Are you sure thats right? I mean Jimmy White in the world's top 8? Paul Hunter hasn't won anything in yonks (granted he's been ill etc but these ARE rankings)

Manuel

Aug 8, 2003
    Tom said:
    Are you sure thats right? I mean Jimmy White in the world's top 8? Paul Hunter hasn't won anything in yonks (granted he's been ill etc but these ARE rankings)
    Well these are the official rankings from the beginning of the season, they are determined by how a player performed the previous two seasons. The only time they officially change is at the end of a season, so after the World Championship. That's why White and Hunter are still so high.
    The provisional rankings before the start of the WC were like this:
    1 Stephen Hendry
    2 John Higgins
    3 Ken Doherty
    4 Ronnie O'Sullivan
    5 Shaun Murphy
    6 Stephen Maguire
    7 Mark Williams
    8 Stephen Lee
    9 Steve Davis
    10 Barry Hawkins

O'Sullivan can get the number one spot back, but then he has to get far in this WC, he may even have to win it, I'm not sure about that. White is out the top 32, don't know where Hunter will end up.

OP
    Snoop

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
  • Thread Starter #60
    Bardock said:
    Well these are the official rankings from the beginning of the season, they are determined by how a player performed the previous two seasons. The only time they officially change is at the end of a season, so after the World Championship. That's why White and Hunter are still so high.
    The provisional rankings before the start of the WC were like this:
    1 Stephen Hendry
    2 John Higgins
    3 Ken Doherty
    4 Ronnie O'Sullivan
    5 Shaun Murphy
    6 Stephen Maguire
    7 Mark Williams
    8 Stephen Lee
    9 Steve Davis
    10 Barry Hawkins

O'Sullivan can get the number one spot back, but then he has to get far in this WC, he may even have to win it, I'm not sure about that. White is out the top 32, don't know where Hunter will end up.
    this is the list that I meant. the start of the season. I thought he was 2nd, he is listed 3rd here. you sure?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)