The Official Reggae Thread (3 Viewers)

soulslider

Rregula sound
May 16, 2006
@JCK yes , great song , don't know much about their other work , just started to explore this music genre more thoroughly , got only a couple of albums from sizzla , max romeo , king tubby , groundation , alton ellis , and couple more. Currently downloading some stuff from israel vibration

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I don't like Israel Vibration, Don Carlos on the other hand is much better. Maybe the first couple of albums for Israel Vibrations are good because Don Carlos was with them.

I highly recommend Burning Spear but since you have Groundation then there is no need for me to preach anymore :)

Jul 15, 2006
@JCK yes , great song , don't know much about their other work , just started to explore this music genre more thoroughly , got only a couple of albums from sizzla , max romeo , king tubby , groundation , alton ellis , and couple more. Currently downloading some stuff from israel vibration
:tup:

Try: N.A.S.A. - A Volta (Feat. Sizzla, Amanda Blank, & Lovefoxx)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yeah Barrington Levy is very groovy.

Any one is way much better than Craka's
Yeah, Wayne and that type of music is more of the carribean RnB then be something worthy to be compared to true Reggae greats.

I listen to this clip of two songs in one, atleast once every day :D

OP
Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
  • Thread Starter #51
    R&B?:stuckup: That's insulting.

I guess it is a different style to what you old men :p are used to, but it's good reggae still.

Take another one.
    Life Seeds

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Btw, I like Wayne's voice, pretty good singer, but he really doesnt sing much of a reggae so to speak, more of an rnb blend as I said with carribean flavour, which is typical of popular music in that region these days.

Not often female artists are linked here, so here is a nice classic:

Max

Jul 15, 2003
    I don't like Israel Vibration, Don Carlos on the other hand is much better. Maybe the first couple of albums for Israel Vibrations are good because Don Carlos was with them.

I highly recommend Burning Spear but since you have Groundation then there is no need for me to preach anymore :)
    Marcus Garvey is my favourite roots reggae album. I've never seen this thread, wow.

EDIT: Anyone like Jacob Miller? Love his voice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)