The official 'Race' Thread (12 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Intro

Apr 6, 2005
I see a complete deadlock and yesterday's results point to one. However, if a favourite has to be selected then I would say purely Juventus as they are at home in the last match. As has been witnessed in previous races the title can be lost in the last game in a difficult away match which Udinese definitely is for Milan.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by m_elayyan ] ++
Day 31:
Juventus - Lecce
siena - Milan

Day 32:
Juventus - Inter
Milan - Chievo

Day 33:
Lazio - Juventus
Milan - Parma

Day 34:
Juventus - Bologna
Fiorentina - Milan

Day 35:
Milan - Juventus

Day 36:
Juventus - Parma
Lecce - Milan

Day 37:
Livorno - Juventus
Milan - Palermo

Day 38:
Juventus - Cagliari
Udinese - Milan

every game is like a final from know , no place for mistakes :(
we have only 3 difficult matches and milan has 5? LOL:rofl:

WE had a draw with Fiorentina ffs
Y milan has a difficult task with parma on day33 and we dont on day36?
i dont see us taking more than 2-3 points on days 32+33
lazio and inter always play their best games against us,
i believe untill day35 we will be at second place
and we will be hopping for a win (to take it we sould have a 2goal margin untill minute90', hard task).
As for the last day(38) milan will have a dif task facing a strong team in their field,
who managed to grab some points in the past and they will be fighting for a CL place.
Then they just have to concentrate to win one match for the championship.

its not the first time when the first place team changes possesion the last day :devil::cool:

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
true. if we can face milan and tie them and have the same point (meaning we beat inter or milan loses) then we have a pretty good chance
nothing's over till the end.
this is very true.

and i am starting to believe that indeed the match against milan won't decide the winner this season

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Lilianna ] ++

nothing's over till the end.
this is very true.

and i am starting to believe that indeed the match against milan won't decide the winner this season
All the matches in which the 2 teams play in Serie A will decide the winner of this season.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Ambro: No more mistakes Saturday 16 April, 2005

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Milan have a tricky trip to Siena this Sunday and Massimo Ambrosini is wary of replacing the injured Andrea Pirlo as the Scudetto race heats up.

“We are all fully aware that we cannot afford another mistake,” explained the midfielder. “Siena are on fine form and have some great individuals, but we can rely on a squad built to continue the battle in several competitions.”

The Rossoneri were disappointing in last week’s 1-1 home draw with Brescia, but held on to the Serie A leadership thanks to Juve’s 3-3 result at Fiorentina.

The pressure is really on Milan now that the Bianconeri can no longer aim for the Champions’ League trophy.

“I was truly shocked by Juve’s elimination at the hands of Liverpool,” confessed Ambrosini. “I honestly believed they’d go through. Now they’ll pour their anger and pride into winning the Scudetto, but we have exactly the same desire for this title and can build on our solidity.”

Over the last few weeks it is the spark of creativity that has been lacking in the Milan squad and with Pirlo out for 10 days with a knee injury, Ambrosini will have to take on a new role.

“Every time he is ruled out I get asked if our style of play will change and frankly I’m sick of it,” snapped the Italian international.

“What counts now is the result and how we get there is irrelevant. Personally I just hope the last few weeks of the season give me the chance to play as much as possible and help Milan to win.”

New reports are emerging that Carlo Ancelotti will instead pick Manuel Rui Costa for that deep midfield role, moving Ambrosini out to the left flank.

Pirlo is also a major doubt for the first leg of the Champions’ League semi-final against PSV Eindhoven, where Milan are considered to be the favourites.

“The opportunity to reach the Final is a good one,” he said. “But we learned from Deportivo La Coruna last year that even the easiest draws on paper can hold hidden dangers. If PSV have reached the final four then it means they have quality.”

source: channel4.com

More and more ppl talking about the race

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #108
    Day 32:
    Juventus - Inter
    Milan - Chievo

Day 33:
    Lazio - Juventus
    Milan - Parma

Day 34:
    Juventus - Bologna
    Fiorentina - Milan

Day 35:
    Milan - Juventus

Day 36:
    Juventus - Parma
    Lecce - Milan

Day 37:
    Livorno - Juventus
    Milan - Palermo

Day 38:
    Juventus - Cagliari
    Udinese - Milan

21 points left and Juventus has a 3 point lead. Easy game for Milan on Wednesday and tough one for Juventus.

Can we keep the 3 point lead? Will we widen the gap? Will Milan drop more points with Pirlo's abcence?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Those last two matchedays are more difficult for Milan. Palermo will probably still be fighting for a CL spot and Udinese is the sort of team that could give Milan problems. They usually do actually.

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #113
    Fabio Capello: “I think that we have always shown that our fitness levels are good and that we can step up the pace in the second half. The Liverpool exit is in the past now and our defeat there was due to a psychological approach rather than a physical one. We had a rough start today, but were able to recover from that.”

Zdenek Zeman: “We started well, but as usual were unable to maintain any level of consistency. There were mistakes in defence that cost us dearly, especially after wasting some great chances upfront, and just fell apart. We can say we scored three goals in Turin – as Axel Konan’s shouldn’t have been disallowed – but cannot afford to relax like that.”

Luigi De Canio: “A team has to be strong, able to get back on to its feet and continue to believe. It went well for us today in what was a fairly balanced encounter, as we both tried to win at all costs. The key to our success was staying united and not breaking off into individual moves in the closing stages.”

Carlo Ancelotti: “We played well and it was a relatively even game. We could’ve easily doubled our lead, but after the equaliser our desire to win cost us as the second Siena goal was scored on the counter-attack. The Tuscans did well to move around constantly and push forward from midfield.”

Maher

Juventuz addict
    Dec 16, 2002
    Day 32:
    Juventus - Inter
    Milan - Chievo

Day 33:
    Lazio - Juventus
    Milan - Parma

Day 34:
    Juventus - Bologna
    Fiorentina - Milan

Day 35:
    Milan - Juventus

Day 36:
    Juventus - Parma
    Lecce - Milan

Day 37:
    Livorno - Juventus
    Milan - Palermo

Day 38:
    Juventus - Cagliari
    Udinese - Milan

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++
    Day 32:
    Juventus - Inter
    Milan - Chievo

Day 33:
    Lazio - Juventus
    Milan - Parma

Day 34:
    Juventus - Bologna
    Fiorentina - Milan

Day 35:
    Milan - Juventus

Day 36:
    Juventus - Parma
    Lecce - Milan

Day 37:
    Livorno - Juventus
    Milan - Palermo

Day 38:
    Juventus - Cagliari
    Udinese - Milan

21 points left and Juventus has a 3 point lead. Easy game for Milan on Wednesday and tough one for Juventus.

Can we keep the 3 point lead? Will we widen the gap? Will Milan drop more points with Pirlo's abcence?
    very tough fixture for us,very tough :frown:

Maher

Juventuz addict
    Dec 16, 2002
    milan easy matchs are in fact the tough ones becasue milan was defeated from the small teams and not the strong ones , so dont count that milan will win all his games

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #119
    18 points left and we are back to sharing the top. It looks like a tight race but the forces of reality and the demands of a better sex life says that Milan are taking the title.

Jan 7, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++
    18 points left and we are back to sharing the top. It looks like a tight race but the forces of reality and the demands of a better sex life says that Milan are taking the title.

you mean forces of reality and demands of better finances

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)