The Official Poker fans thread (4 Viewers)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
That's why I love it. We used to play it almost every day. I have one partner that we understand each other so much that it was almost impossible to beat us. We were so good that we created our own modified plans.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jun 13, 2007
I have that with a friend too. We have simple facial expressions that indicate exactly what hand we have. We always had the upper hand and won 90 percent of the time. Good times.....

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
When playing Hold'em with someone it is not facial expressions that matter. It is the style of betting that brings a lot of money. It is a classical technique actually, no secrets here, one takes risks and the other is super cautious.

Jun 13, 2007
When you know what hand a person playing against you has, this can give you a big advantage in various situations. It's not only about betting, it's a lot about reading what your opponent has by their reactions, body language, and betting. Some people have a certain style of betting you can get used to, the best poker players are the ones that variate their styles of play.

Betting style is also very important. Personally, I love to trap people, this means if I have a fullhouse on the flop, I check and wait for someone to try and bluff, or better yet I would go all in right away of it was a big pot. That way, they would expect me to be bluffing and would therefore call me.

There are so many different tactics and styles in Texas hold em, especially in no-limit texas hold em where the betting is open. That's where you really need to be very clever and try to bluff yor way out of a bad hand for a very good pot.

It's a great game.

OP
Snoop

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
  • Thread Starter #48
    That's why I love it. We used to play it almost every day. I have one partner that we understand each other so much that it was almost impossible to beat us. We were so good that we created our own modified plans.
    I love the game a lot, but man, you should see my hand. Everytime I get bad, and I mean worst ever hand on the table, man I change my place, still I get the worst. Maybe it's me and my partner, we together bring bad luck :D

Jun 26, 2007
    There are so many different tactics and styles in Texas hold em, especially in no-limit texas hold em where the betting is open.
    There are many other great poker variants besides NLHE, and most of them require an amount of skill at least equal to that of NLHE. In fact, very few pro's make a living out of playing NLHE.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)