The Official Olof Mellberg Thread (60 Viewers)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Juve was just a stepping stone for Olof.

He needed to play against greasy Italians to prepare for a move to Greece.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
All the best to Olof - he was a great professional. In the end, this could potentially be a precursor to us securing a younger, quality CB this summer...

I wasn't expecting Olof to be sold. Ariaudo is the fourth right now... wow.
Maybe those PDC/Santacroce exchange rumors aren't total BS (they likely are)? Gotta love the uncertainty of the transfer season...

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
Pointless transfer. He was a reliable backup, and a 2.5 million fee is hardly enough to consider selling such an experienced player. Good luck in Greece Olof.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
PAO was willing to offer a bit more (about 3-3.5 mil)
Secco could have waited a little bit longer, but i guess that he has a replacement in mind. I hope that means that we will soon buy a new RB or a promising/young CB.
Now using that money, plus his salary, plus a couple more and maybe the sale of Tiago and Zebina and we can line up a great RB!!

I ve heard that the Viking is now calm and spend his time fishing.
The Olympiakos fans are generally pleased with this acquisition, esp because they have won on the bidding war with their bitter rivals.

And to conclude, Mellberg was a fine sub, nothing more, nothing less.
We should prefer a younger and more promising starter, or a high quality exp starter, but thats not his fault...

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
It's disgusting to see some preaching about Juve's financial situation as if they're aware of the Club's financial situation and like they have a share.

2.5m for Mellberg is pretty sad. I would also like to know why we let him go? He did one single mistake only and some of you are already celebrating his departure? Makes me wonder at times what Football some of you follow.

We bring an old Cannavaro back to the team, we struggle to find one decent CB, we didn't even find a good replacement for our flanks yet we decide to sell Mellberg who has been decent and even more.

Anyway, thank you Olof for everything, a great man, lion at the back, gives his everything on the pitch. Respect and wish you the best.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Please stop using the word great. Apparently everyone is great, amazing, world class. It really sickens me when a lot of people here overuse and abuse the word. Please look up the precise meaning of the word in a dictionary, and use it sparingly.

Thank you Olof for everything you have done. You were reliable and dependable when called upon, if unspectacular. I wish you all the best as you embark on a new journey.

CAPITANO

58 ' SUPER SIC ' 58
Jul 12, 2006
Would of been a very good back up, can't wait to see who will replace him, I can see another battle with Torino for a so called defender

is there an other Italian defender that Lippi wants

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
2.5-3.5 ml? i thought he wouldve gotten more

all the best olof, when called upon he done well. chelsea game comes to mind

grazie and all the best.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
I don't like the fact we're buying players and selling them the very next year. Mellberg, poulsen, necerino....

Anyway good luck Olof, been a great profissional with us.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
It's disgusting to see some preaching about Juve's financial situation as if they're aware of the Club's financial situation and like they have a share.

2.5m for Mellberg is pretty sad. I would also like to know why we let him go? He did one single mistake only and some of you are already celebrating his departure? Makes me wonder at times what Football some of you follow.

We bring an old Cannavaro back to the team, we struggle to find one decent CB, we didn't even find a good replacement for our flanks yet we decide to sell Mellberg who has been decent and even more.

Anyway, thank you Olof for everything, a great man, lion at the back, gives his everything on the pitch. Respect and wish you the best.
I think he wants to get regular playing time considering the world cup in just an year away. I remember reading an interview where he said he'd leave if he wasn't going to get more playing time, considering he'd be 4th choice it was better for him to leave... Its a pity though, he was pretty solid for us, especially in the first half of the season... He ruined his reputation a bit by making a couple of mistakes... What I like about him was that he was never afraid to make the last ditch challenge...

Best of luck Olof, you still have some useful years left in your system.

Edit: Is it official yet?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 60)