The Official Olof Mellberg Thread (14 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
If the improvement was neglible, as you state, then what was the point of bringing Cannavaro here in the first place?

Even cannavaro's "reduced wages" must cerainly be more than what Mellberg was making
Personally, I think Lippi brought him here to form a better partnership with Chiellini for the WC next summer.

It's either that, or it's that bullshit of, "he will help the youngsters learn how to defend" that some people spout. Well, it doesn't seem like Criscito is coming back, De Ceglie was just given to Napoli, and Ariaudo may even go on loan. So what friggin' youngsters is he going to help when they're all gone, idiots?

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Personally, I think Lippi brought him here to form a better partnership with Chiellini for the WC next summer.

It's either that, or it's that bullshit of, "he will help the youngsters learn how to defend" that some people spout. Well, it doesn't seem like Criscito is coming back, De Ceglie was just given to Napoli, and Ariaudo may even go on loan. So what friggin' youngsters is he going to help when they're all gone, idiots?
the guy in whose thread we are having this discussion

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007

Or we brought the defensive leader, that has won a Scudetti, two La Liga titles and a WC in last three years to his team's. And if italian stayed at the Real coach spot, he would've won even more and would be in better physical shape, which he probably will rediscover because of the extra motivation. But i still find it funny that you don't rate him as a player and search for conspiracies :D Name me one aspect where Mellberg is better. I think it's certainly a good deal to replace him with Fabio.

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
I would have personally got rid of Zebina and/or Grygera...Mellberg is much more versatile then they are, and can defend much better than Zebina and Grygera.

The retard is back on track. :disagree:

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I would have personally got rid of Zebina and/or Grygera...Mellberg is much more versatile then they are, and can defend much better than Zebina and Grygera.

The retard is back on track. :disagree:
You clearly don't understand what is required of fullbacks in the 4-3-1-2 formation we will use next season.

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
You clearly don't understand what is required of fullbacks in the 4-3-1-2 formation we will use next season.
Depends on the way the team play (defensive or offensive). Mellberg is an alright guy to have off the bench because of his versatility but I would have much rather seen Zebina or Grygera sold instead.

Juventino_NJ

Sep 16, 2006
Juve sell Mellberg

Friday 19 June, 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Olof Mellberg will be playing for Olympiakos next season as Juventus have agreed a £2m transfer fee with the Greeks.

The Swede only spent 12 months in Turin following his move from Aston Villa. Despite an overall good season, the Bianconeri decided to cash in on him for several reasons.

Mellberg is 32-year-old and would have been relegated to the bench next season considering that Juve have signed Fabio Cannavaro. Also this transfer allows the Old Lady to make a clear profit since the Swede joined them for free last term.

The defender made 27 appearances in Bianconero colours, scoring two goals, and earning himself the appreciation of the fans, who will be sad to see him leaving the Olimpico.

Another player on his way out of the club is Tiago Mendes although Juve claim he is still part of their plans. Reports suggested Alessio Secco had offered Tiago’s services to Atletico Madrid but a note from the club denies such rumours.

“These rumours are absolutely false,” stated Juventus.

“The Portuguese midfielder is part of our project and will be a member of our team next season. He is not on the market.”

Channel 4

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)