The Official Olof Mellberg Thread (34 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Shame you you idiotic fickle mofos, Mellberg has done the job needed most of the time as solid backup when called upon. Legro has been worse then him several times, but dont see much of negativity about him.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Shame you you idiotic fickle mofos, Mellberg has done the job needed most of the time as solid backup when called upon. Legro has been worse then him several times, but dont see much of negativity about him.
I agree with your point, except that I don't think Legro has been worse several times.

Mellberg has never complained or bitched and he allways gave his all. I kinda like him and wouldn't mind him staying, but it might be best for him & his career to leave.

Mar 30, 2006
Seems that he has been sold to olympiakos for 2,5 M ! Not bad knowing that we bought him for free.
I would have thought he is worth a bit more than that but any profit is good profit. It is nice to actually sell a player and make some money.. most of our recent transfers end up being worthless or our management are unable to sell.

I have not heard that the deal is done though.

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
Triggered by the last few pages of ignorance in this thread I took the time to dig out some posts that puts Mellberg's only season at Juve in a more reasonable perspective.

should be our 1st choice right back
and also because he's a very good defender
Forza Mellberg he and only he earned us the point today
he's been a good signing for a free transfer, and with the exception of the purple turds game, he's been reliable.

bravo Olof.
I love you OLOF!!!!!
now with Chiellini returning to lead our back line .. IMO, without any doubt, Mellberg deserves to play much more than the retarded grygera as a right back [...] Olof is not a great crosser but he has shown some good runs down the right flank and of course he's a beast in defence ..
I know that Mellberg is a very solid player, but I was still very impressed at how well he coped at playing RB.
He played an amazing match against Real, he was solid on the other matches [...]

Good transfer, imo. Free transfer and we got a player who is good and reliable backup to our starters.
At least we got a player with vast International experience for free. A good purchase
By the way, I'm inlove with this player, and I believe the more he's playing the better Olof we're having. He's strong, smart, covers well.

I wouldn't want another CB in his place for next year. Forza Olof !!!!!
Eℓvin;1937310 said:
Mellberg > Legro.
This season, definitely.
Mellberg is our best defender. Yes, that's right. Even better than both Legro and Chiellini.

Mellberg unlike Chiellini, doesn't hesitate when he's got the ball, he knows how and when to pass. He reacts pretty well and organizes the defensive line. It's pretty obvious.

Not that Chiellini and Legro aren't doing well, actually they should both start for their NT, but I think Mellberg is one of the finest and underrated players around.

tough, smart, solid, good ball control for a defender, and fast.
he is what we need right now in defense :rOck
have to admit....getting him for free as a 3rd choice defender was a solid move by secco
Keep your head high, Olof, and thank you for your contribution to the finest club in Italy.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
compared to what the other big clubs have as a backup CB...guys like Rivas, Loria, Favalli...Olof is certainly miles ahead of them

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
A large chunk of this forum was never likely to take to Mellberg because he is neither young or Italian (or even Italien).

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
From a financial point of view, you brought the dude in for free and made a little profit from it.

Kudos

From a team point of view.....................................................I didn't realize that our CB's were so good to the point where we didn't need him anymore????

Did I miss something?

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Cannavaro for Mellberg and Ariaudo for Knezevic and there's next season's CBs.

An improvement, but not by much.

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
It may mean we're about to land Santacroce.

Cannavaro - Chiellini
Legro - Santacroce
Ariaudo

After one or at the very maximum two years Cannavaro retires and it's Chiellini - Santacroce.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Cannavaro for Mellberg and Ariaudo for Knezevic and there's next season's CBs.

An improvement, but not by much.
If the improvement was neglible, as you state, then what was the point of bringing Cannavaro here in the first place?

Even cannavaro's "reduced wages" must cerainly be more than what Mellberg was making

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 34)