The Official Olof Mellberg Thread (39 Viewers)

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Mellberg has spent a large portion of his career as an RB, both at club and international level. He's also not slow by any means. He deserves a shot there now that Zebina has disappeared.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I dont know if he is a sprinter, but on the field he is slow, maybe because of the lack of tactical awareness.
He is not ready to take a leading role and make a tactical decision to run forward or not.
Or maybe because the age has finally got him, but since we got him and the games i saw him at his Nt gave me that impression,
i never watched him to make a run like Grygera, Molinaro or even Zebina, he maybe have or had a decent pace but his doubt over-shadows it...

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Indeed and that was not his first match with us, even Marchisio looked more adapted than him, who has much less exp and played less than him.
Atm Legro > Mellberg hands down and i dont see Mellberg able to do anything about it in the near future either...
Before the season started I was sure that Legro is better than Mellberg and I was sure that Legro will get the nod to play next to Chiellini.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
See? you dont have to disagree with me all the time:p
No one said that I disagree with you, I just don't like looking at the negative sides. Maybe I see them, maybe I don't, that's not the issue. I don't like to worry because it's not worth it and all the entertainment that football brings me vanishes. I don't like to whine because it take too much energy that I'd rather spend somewhere else, somewhere constructive and I don't like to curse because it does not require brains.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
He's only played one Serie A game man. Take it easy with your judgement.
you're right, its not fair to blame olof for what happened. either way our entire defense as a whole played liek shit. even if we would have won the match i would still comment on our defensive struggles. its funny how you can win as a team but drawing and losing is done by individuals

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
No one said that I disagree with you, I just don't like looking at the negative sides. Maybe I see them, maybe I don't, that's not the issue. I don't like to worry because it's not worth it and all the entertainment that football brings me vanishes. I don't like to whine because it take too much energy that I'd rather spend somewhere else, somewhere constructive and I don't like to curse because it does not require brains.
I know just joking:toast:
As for the save if energy, it is indeed a life saver, to avoid having worries for things that you can hardly manipulate or even dont have a chance to influence not even a bit.
Our life is full of stress and this is a right attitude to live more and live even more happily.
Good for you Jack, if you can really isolate all the worries normal ppl make, for the things that really matter for them. For that things that really love.
A respect and admire you view,growing older i have managed to detached my self from many things+persons.
I m still working on Juve though, one of my last human weaknesses.

I love her too much, to stand back and make no worries about her, just yet...
I know it is somewhat pointless to worry, because there is nothing i can do, but i cant help it!
I love this fvckin team too much to ignore her future and to see here suffer only because of the incompetence of some of the ppl that should never be a part of her. The day i will stop worrying about Juve, will be the day i will stop being a fan of Juve. This is how i see it...

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
I know just joking:toast:
As for the save if energy, it is indeed a life saver, to avoid having worries for things that you can hardly manipulate or even dont have a chance to influence not even a bit.
Our life is full of stress and this is a right attitude to live more and live even more happily.
Good for you Jack, if you can really isolate all the worries normal ppl make, for the things that really matter for them. For that things that really love.
A respect and admire you view,growing older i have managed to detached my self from many things+persons.
I m still working on Juve though, one of my last human weaknesses.

I love her too much, to stand back and make no worries about her, just yet...
I know it is somewhat pointless to worry, because there is nothing i can do, but i cant help it!
I love this fvckin team too much to ignore her future and to see here suffer only because of the incompetence of some of the ppl that should never be a part of her. The day i will stop worrying about Juve, will be the day i will stop being a fan of Juve. This is how i see it...
thats probably the best thing you have ever said... :tup:

Jul 15, 2006
I personally find it odd that we went for Mellberg, considering were using him as a CB, when he couldn't make it into that position at Aston Villa surely says something? Also, Martin Laursen who had a far better season than Mellberg (ask Fred) his contract was expiring too, thats when Villa suddenly rushed to have an agreement with him and not bother with Mellberg. It would have been interesting to have seen how Laursen would have had a 'second chance' in Serie A too, ah well.. Welcome Olof.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
I personally find it odd that we went for Mellberg, considering were using him as a CB, when he couldn't make it into that position at Aston Villa surely says something? Also, Martin Laursen who had a far better season than Mellberg (ask Fred) his contract was expiring too, thats when Villa suddenly rushed to have an agreement with him and not bother with Mellberg. It would have been interesting to have seen how Laursen would have had a 'second chance' in Serie A too, ah well.. Welcome Olof.
Villa wanted to keep Mellberg but Olof wanted a new challenge. He was used as RB because he had experience from the role since before and did well there, and Villa had no proper RB in the squad but many CBs.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Mellberg has spent a large portion of his career as an RB, both at club and international level. He's also not slow by any means. He deserves a shot there now that Zebina has disappeared.
He may not be slow, but he certainly isn't quick.

Criscito played 3 Serie A match then everybody discarded him.

Two to go Olof.
:lol2:

Laursen is the new captain of Villa, while Mellberg used to be captain. As for who is better, I'm not sure.

Thunderball

May 4, 2007
Criscito played 3 Serie A match then everybody discarded him.

Two to go Olof.
Hah! I didn't even realize it was only three!

I agreed with loaning Criscito for half of last season to get his confidence back, but the fact he wasn't even given a shot this season is pathetic.

I'd rather have Criscito as a LB/CB over Molinaro, Knezevic and Mellberg right now for sure.

Right now, Mellberg looks just as bad as he did... difference is Criscito is young and can only improve.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 39)