The Official Olof Mellberg Thread (45 Viewers)

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
Actually he got turned badly by Gilardino one more time, that was when Gila went passed Buffon but couldn't keep his balance when he had the open goal. So yeah, that is two mistakes in a game which is too many if you're gonna play for Juve really. But, I will agree with the posters that say he had a decent game apart from those two occasions and once he gets ahold of how the Serie A attackers play he will prove to be useful as a backup which is exactly what I said when I first heard we were signing him.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Actually he got turned badly by Gilardino one more time, that was when Gila went passed Buffon but couldn't keep his balance when he had the open goal. So yeah, that is two mistakes in a game which is too many if you're gonna play for Juve really. But, I will agree with the posters that say he had a decent game apart from those two occasions and once he gets ahold of how the Serie A attackers play he will prove to be useful as a backup which is exactly what I said when I first heard we were signing him.

exactly but i see him getting a lot of starts this year especially in CL

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Mellberg made some other mistakes during the match too, and looked shaky sometimes.
Indeed and that was not his first match with us, even Marchisio looked more adapted than him, who has much less exp and played less than him.
Atm Legro > Mellberg hands down and i dont see Mellberg able to do anything about it in the near future either...

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
he didnt suck, it's his first game in serie A he covered a lot of ground and other players assignment (be it molinaro or legro) he will be good for us

on the other hand we just might have the worst lb/rb tandem in serie A
Exactly. He was solid apart from a few errors which made him look worse than he derserves but our 2 fullbacks are pretty much non-existant.

Still, Legro did much better. He gives me more confidence.

Stop making excuses. Melberg is shit :tup:
As are your posts. All of them.

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
Nobody knows for sure. I think it would be worthwhile to use him there for 45 minutes, just to determine what Mellberg can or cannot do.
We can't gamble on him for 45 minutes as an RB, in an official game, maybe on the training field.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 45)