The Official Olof Mellberg Thread (30 Viewers)

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
This is what i said before when i saw Mellberg in TIM Cup against Milan when we conceded by Seedorf's second goal
Mellberg is too slow and not very good in anticipation

It is proven again today against Fiorentina, against Gila
I'm not impressed with him..
We still have Knezevic and Ariaudo
How did Ariaudo played in Moretti cup?

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Jack, i can't remember something............. was it you who started with we're doooooooomed or it was Cronman ?
It doesn't really matter, it was taken from some realist expressing his concerns. But I ain't using it anymore, it's not as funny as making a Knezevic joke or bashing the club.

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
This is what i said before when i saw Mellberg in TIM Cup against Milan when we conceded by Seedorf's second goal
Mellberg is too slow and not very good in anticipation

It is proven again today against Fiorentina, against Gila
I'm not impressed with him..
We still have Knezevic and Ariaudo
How did Ariaudo played in Moretti cup?
Your absolutely right, next game we should start with the ever-experienced Ariaudo

:claire:

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
All you who have been bashing mellberg for the second goal should go out on a pitch and play football.

i only did see the replay of the goal in the highlights and once the ball got to gilas chest (?) there was absolutely nothing you would have done in mellbergs place ...

he jugles the ball from his right sight to the left and then finished volley ... what spiderman do you want to be to take the ball away from a player who juggles the ball with the back towards you ...

would it have been outside the box you could push him a bit with your body, but inside the box THIS referee would gladly have given a penalty ...

stop playing fm08 and pes 2008 and put your football shoes on and do it better ...

it was just a class move from gila and in that position even nesta couldn't do anything without risking a penalty

what legs do have defenders in your fantasy that you can kick the ball away with the strikers body guarding it ...

Aug 22, 2008
All you who have been bashing mellberg for the second goal should go out on a pitch and play football.

i only did see the replay of the goal in the highlights and once the ball got to gilas chest (?) there was absolutely nothing you would have done in mellbergs place ...

he jugles the ball from his right sight to the left and then finished volley ... what spiderman do you want to be to take the ball away from a player who juggles the ball with the back towards you ...

would it have been outside the box you could push him a bit with your body, but inside the box THIS referee would gladly have given a penalty ...

stop playing fm08 and pes 2008 and put your football shoes on and do it better ...

it was just a class move from gila and in that position even nesta couldn't do anything without risking a penalty

what legs do have defenders in your fantasy that you can kick the ball away with the strikers body guarding it ...
Stop making excuses. Melberg is shit:tup:

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
He should have stood a few decimetres to his left, in order to force Gilardino to the right. But yes, it is not an easy situation and one that a central defender should not be put in, and on top of that Legro could have done better on the header right before.

Unfortunately for Olof, he is an easy pick.

delpierofan82

Apr 24, 2005

Here is a little difference between us and Mellberg, we are not a professional defenders ;)

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
Here is a little difference between us and Mellberg, we are not a professional defenders ;)
ok,

so in this case you do not even have remote knowledge of what a professional defender is able of or not and you just suggest that a professional defender or even chiellini could have done better in that situation ...

judging from some over-powered clumsy looking tackles from last season chiellini with all his power would have pushed a bit to much, gilardino would have fallen (like he likes to) and they would've gotten a penalty ... bravo !

if your opponent is jugling with the ball and you are behind him there is no way of kicking it away ... if you try to step aside and kick it, the ref will give dangerous play and that's it ...

given the position and the distance to the goal i don't see many opportunities for the defender ... so close in front of goal there are many ways a striker could finish

and if you all are honest no one of you would have thought gila would be able to finish this way ... so how could mellberg know ?

delpierofan82

Apr 24, 2005
ok,

so in this case you do not even have remote knowledge of what a professional defender is able of or not and you just suggest that a professional defender or even chiellini could have done better in that situation ...

judging from some over-powered clumsy looking tackles from last season chiellini with all his power would have pushed a bit to much, gilardino would have fallen (like he likes to) and we they would've gotten a penalty ... bravo !

if your opponent is jugling with the ball and you are behind him there is no way of kicking it away ... if you try to step aside and kick it, the ref will give dangerous play and that's it ...
If there is no way to get the ball from behind of the forward than you shouldn't be behind him when he is in 5 meters from the goal with the ball, in other words he should prevent Gila from getting the ball in this position.

and Yes I think that highly qualified defender could prevent this goal

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)