The Official MMA Thread (4 Viewers)

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
You people cannot be such a childs, it's a business and UFC is an organization, with the intention to make money in order to pay their bills, which are obviously quite high considering the amount of people work in there + bringing that whole circus around the world. If there's a way to generate more money by doing certain things, they will do it and it's something we don't even need to discuss about because otherwise they will run out of business. There's couple scenarios when there's no deals about who's going to win the fights and it's 1. When the fighter is climbing the ladders and making name for himself so basically, all the random guys with no real name are legit fights because they generate no money really. 2. When that X fighter is having enough name/potential to generate money, they will start to look potential matches for those guys and the fights could still be legit, but opponents are carefully hand picked and they're trying to avoid taking too big risks to have a guy losing the momentum, but it happens once here and there. 3. Fight is legit when there's 2 established big names on a same fight. It's win-win situation regardless of the outcome because they don't need to be afraid of other guy losing, because they still had money generating name winning.

Seriously, Cowboy would have loved to KO Conor but while agreeing on this fight, he agreed to lose - simple as that. He's soon 37 and losing to Conor and he's set for rest of his life money wise so why should he complain? Of course he is going to take the fight, paying the ultimate respect for such a veteran of the game by giving him a great send-off/paycheck for his services and even he knows, it's best for the business.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
You people cannot be such a childs, it's a business and UFC is an organization, with the intention to make money in order to pay their bills, which are obviously quite high considering the amount of people work in there + bringing that whole circus around the world. If there's a way to generate more money by doing certain things, they will do it and it's something we don't even need to discuss about because otherwise they will run out of business. There's couple scenarios when there's no deals about who's going to win the fights and it's 1. When the fighter is climbing the ladders and making name for himself so basically, all the random guys with no real name are legit fights because they generate no money really. 2. When that X fighter is having enough name/potential to generate money, they will start to look potential matches for those guys and the fights could still be legit, but opponents are carefully hand picked and they're trying to avoid taking too big risks to have a guy losing the momentum, but it happens once here and there. 3. Fight is legit when there's 2 established big names on a same fight. It's win-win situation regardless of the outcome because they don't need to be afraid of other guy losing, because they still had money generating name winning.

Seriously, Cowboy would have loved to KO Conor but while agreeing on this fight, he agreed to lose - simple as that. He's soon 37 and losing to Conor and he's set for rest of his life money wise so why should he complain? Of course he is going to take the fight, paying the ultimate respect for such a veteran of the game by giving him a great send-off/paycheck for his services and even he knows, it's best for the business.
What a load of shit...

How many times have we seen the next big thing wiped out by some nobody.

If what your saying is true then what about Brock, Rhonda, CM Punk and the list of other stars who have all been beat.

If cowboy beat Conor he would become a huge star just like Nate and then Khabib.

Take your tin hat off and chill the fuck out.

I've been training in martial arts for over 20 years and know current and ex UFC fighters personally and what your saying is just complete bullshit.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
What a load of shit...

How many times have we seen the next big thing wiped out by some nobody.

If what your saying is true then what about Brock, Rhonda, CM Punk and the list of other stars who have all been beat.

If cowboy beat Conor he would become a huge star just like Nate and then Khabib.

Take your tin hat off and chill the fuck out.

I've been training in martial arts for over 20 years and know current and ex UFC fighters personally and what your saying is just complete bullshit.
Brock, big WWE name and how he gets the opportunity with no actual fights? Because he has the name, he brings in the money and UFC ain't losing jack shit by giving a him a fight and instead, they make hundreds of millions by making his fight happen. If Brock loses, "fuck it's that WWE guy who thought he's tough" and if he wins "fuck what a beast, let's see more of him" and in the same note, WWE gets the mainstream attention and now you've seen Cain going to WWE making easy money with couple of appearences. Same goes with CM Punk, guy draws money so let's give him an opportunity. Ronda then, he got exposed big time against proper fighters so she wasn't anything special in the end as we're talking about margin sports when it comes to women's MMA. In the end, it's all about entertaiment and what people want to see, otherwise Conor vs Floyd wouldn't have happened since WHO SERIOUSLY BELIEVES Conor would have any chance against one of the GOAT's of professional boxing? They made him hang around for 10 rounds, then end of story so it didn't hurt too much Conor's image, like making him even more "valuable" in the eyes of blind people.

I don't care how many years you've been training for Martial Arts, it doesn't give you any better view on how business works in this world. If you're still unaware why next Football World Cup is in Qatar or why South-Korea managed to beat Italy in 2002 world cup, answer is still money, as it is with these fights as well. Outcomes might not be pre-determined, Conor vs Khabib for example wasn't because firstly, Khabib is in his prime and wouldn't have done it, secondly it's 2 of the most known fighters in the planet and if you're having that fight, you know next time when either of those guys are fighting it's pure money and there will always be a talk about rematch, so it's a win-win regardless of the outcome. In this fight, Conor vs Cowboy, it wouldn't have been win-win situation regardless of the outcome so it wasn't allowed to happen. If Cowboy beat Conor, what it would have done to Conor then? Would have made him retire and since Cowboy is 37 and Conor is 31, which is better for the sports? On top of that, Cowboy would never be big star as Conor is, Conor is in the class of his own when it comes to marketing and money so therefore, he's the most protected fighter in the whole business and that's a fact, whether you believe it or not.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
Wasn't allowed to happen?

If you honestly believe Cowboy took a dive then your a complete retard end of discussion.
Are you seriously saying that there's zero possibility of it being being fixed? Damn, what the fanboyism does to the people..It must have been heartbreaking when you found out that santa does not exist even you desperately told everyone it being real.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Plenty of fights are fixed for sure especially in boxing but not at the elite level and certainly not in this fight. Cowboy fights for fun if he was in it for money and fame he would chose his fights more wisely and spend more time recovering.

Everyone and their dog knows he starts fights slow and has been stopped many times in the past so Conor coming our like a freight train and blasting him out of there in the first minute is not suspicious or suprising.

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
i will only be a fan of the diaz brothers. they are the real deal. otherwise the whole conor show was like welcoming him back making it easy with cowboy who was already a defeated rival before the match even begins..

UFC needs Conor for the brand.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
i will only be a fan of the diaz brothers. they are the real deal. otherwise the whole conor show was like welcoming him back making it easy with cowboy who was already a defeated rival before the match even begins..

UFC needs Conor for the brand.
notice how white went straight to the khabib fight for conors next fight. He hasn’t fought at 155 in 3 years. Smh

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
notice how white went straight to the khabib fight for conors next fight. He hasn’t fought at 155 in 3 years. Smh
Conor didn’t immediately push for it though. I could see him fighting someone like Masvidal first.

They hand-picked Cerrone, a guy he matched up favourably with and would beat as long as he took it seriously. But Cerrone is almost done and had lost two straight before this fight. I’d like to see him fight another contender before being given a title shot.

Have him fight Masvidal, or the loser of Khabib v Ferguson before giving him a title shot. Make him earn it. Otherwise it looks ridiculous for UFC to give him a title shot for beating up on a 37 year old at the end of his career.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Conor didn’t immediately push for it though. I could see him fighting someone like Masvidal first.

They hand-picked Cerrone, a guy he matched up favourably with and would beat as long as he took it seriously. But Cerrone is almost done and had lost two straight before this fight. I’d like to see him fight another contender before being given a title shot.

Have him fight Masvidal, or the loser of Khabib v Ferguson before giving him a title shot. Make him earn it. Otherwise it looks ridiculous for UFC to give him a title shot for beating up on a 37 year old at the end of his career.
nah, he needs to line up against JG if he wants the 155 title shot. I doubt he will cause he can get ko’d real quick in that fight. But that’s the fight I wanna see.

I think game bred should get Usman next but

if he goes the BMF route, then he can take the loser like you said.

to be fair to cowboy, his three losses have come against killers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)