The Official MMA Thread (7 Viewers)

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
Screw the welterweight div though, none of them good enough to beat GSP.

I donno what to make of GSP but there were two fights where he earned my respect, ripping his hamstring in 3rd round against dangerous Alves and fighting the last 2 rounds through it(and winning them both) and absolutely dominating Penn and making him quit.

It would be refreshing to see him take on Silva, im glad teh fight is a 5 rounder.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
If GSP is back to his best after his latest injury. He'd kill Condit then defeat Silva.

His style is made to defeat Silva... The "Chael" of "Silva vs. Sonnen I" but with much, much more skill and brain.

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
O i forgot about the Condit fight :sergio: Guys i really really think Condit can pull this off, i hate it since it will spoil the Silva-GSP fight but condit is winning this.

- - - Updated - - -

btw KO Chael is the best wrestler in the UFC, better than GSP IMO

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
WΏΏdy;3923968 said:
Maybe. Though, Chael himself recognized GSP as the best wrestler a while back IIRC.

Even so, GSP is close to that top spot and with much better jiu jitsu and ground game, he could be the answer to Anderson Silva. Could be.

It all depends on the shape of GSP after his very long layoff.

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
The lay off's the reason i think Condit will beat him, also Condit is probably the best equipped in the welterweight division to best GSP.

Fighters acknowledge each other as the best, most of the time it doesnt make sense, its like Conte calling emanuelson as one of the best Milan players (Or maybe he was just trolling the quality of the squad :D)

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Plus, I'm a GSP fanboy :D Not as much as you're of Shogun, but I really admire GSP's style.

I hope we can finally see GSP vs Silva though. UFC is in real need of a superfight.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
WΏΏdy;3923968 said:
O i forgot about the Condit fight :sergio: Guys i really really think Condit can pull this off, i hate it since it will spoil the Silva-GSP fight but condit is winning this.

- - - Updated - - -

Chael's problem is that every other aspect of his game i mediocre.

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
Agreed, not his wrestling though.

I just realised this event is live right now :oops: i thought it was in US and the usualy early morning time for me.

So far a snooze fest.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Gomi - Danzig should be a good fight. Once the Brazilians start fighting things will get better.

Yeah Woodrow, it's UFC Macau not UFC USA. :D

- - - Updated - - -

WΏΏdy;3923975 said:
The lay off's the reason i think Condit will beat him, also Condit is probably the best equipped in the welterweight division to best GSP.

Fighters acknowledge each other as the best, most of the time it doesnt make sense, its like Conte calling emanuelson as one of the best Milan players (Or maybe he was just trolling the quality of the squad :D)
GSP's gonna dominate Carlos. Simply because of the layoff. The most cerebral fighter in MMA history has had a year to examine Condit. Not good.

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
Condit has impressed me since his WEC days, Greg Jackson coached him as well and is now working with GSP which is not good for Carlos. Having said that i have faith in the man, remember i said so :D

Im just waiting for Tiago to fight, that will be an awesome brawl.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
WΏΏdy;3924056 said:
Condit has impressed me since his WEC days, Greg Jackson coached him as well and is now working with GSP which is not good for Carlos. Having said that i have faith in the man, remember i said so :D

Im just waiting for Tiago to fight, that will be an awesome brawl.
Look at the vegan power!!!

Yeah, Carlos has a chance to end the fight, but I think it will end up being a marathon and Condit will get taken down or jabbed to death.

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
Nah Carlos aint Koscheck. If i get a dollor for each time Josh twitches and blinks during the fight id be a rich man :D So not jabbing Condit to death. Only way he's losing the fight is by typicall boring effective GSP ground and grind.

- - - Updated - - -

M not watching the even, which fight have we reached. How's it so far?

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
Aite!

Graza vs Hominick

Donno anything about this Graza guy but Hominick is one tough mofo, i think none of the fighters have been finished before but i think this fight is not going the distance.

- - - Updated - - -

DAMN! what a fight!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)