the Official Knee-Jerk reaction thread (3 Viewers)

Choose your Juve scapegoat here:

• Management

• Ciro Ferrara

• Players

• Injuries / our physios

• Form

• Calciopoli

• Cthulhu

• "Jennifer's Body"'s disappointing performance at the box office

Results are only viewable after voting.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
People also don't seem to realize that with five new players in the starting lineup (Diego, Melo, Grosso, Canna, Caceres), it was always going to be difficult getting them all going as a collective unit. When you add so many new players it takes time to get the team acquainted with one another, especially when you also change the system. Only when the said players are world class can they hit the ground running.

So in some ways these disappointments are not all that surprising.
Didn't Juve have as many, if not more transfers last year than this year?

mondo1

May 14, 2006
-->management for not getting us any fullbacks and a young quality cb.... sorry but we still play with moli or grygera..........
-->ferrara cuz he doesn't know which system he should play nor where to field the players. he makes the same mistakes over and over again. (and he is the only short term solution to fix/ can not buy new players nor can we do anything against injuries) he couldn't get the new players into the squad. and the list goes on
-->injuries cuz we never had a full squad..we r stucked with one striker or our midfield looks like a hospital.
-->calciopoli def. still hurts us...we would never be in this situation... players/coach would be better and we could have moggi to fix things :D

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
-->management for not getting us any fullbacks and a young quality cb.... sorry but we still play with moli or grygera..........
-->ferrara cuz he doesn't know which system he should play nor where to field the players. he makes the same mistakes over and over again. (and he is the only short term solution to fix/ can not buy new players nor can we do anything against injuries) he couldn't get the new players into the squad. and the list goes on
-->injuries cuz we never had a full squad..we r stucked with one striker or our midfield looks like a hospital.
-->calciopoli def. still hurts us...we would never be in this situation... players/coach would be better and we could have moggi to fix things :D

So, was that the excuse last year, too??

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Canna has been here before, and they are playin together with Buffon (Canna and Grosso) for NT for many years already. So i would clearly take them of that excuse.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Key words are starting lineup. Last year we just used basically the same core of players in midfield and defense. Only real change was Amauri.
See, I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. Conventional wisdom would state that a team that is in superior talent would "figure it out" until the chemistry issues come together, would it not?

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
this could be an excuse for the next decade
Of course, and everyone will keep using it until it no longer suits their purpose. Like I said, it was 3 years ago. And out of all the players who left, the only one who wouldn't have stayed was Ibra, and quite honestly, that would have been the one player that I would want to have kept.

But hey, keep blaming outside forces for Juve's downfall. It seems to be en vogue around here

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Canna has been here before, and they are playin together with Buffon (Canna and Grosso) for NT for many years already. So i would clearly take them of that excuse.
Since Canna has been here before, OK. But Grosso has not.

See, I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. Conventional wisdom would state that a team that is in superior talent would "figure it out" until the chemistry issues come together, would it not?
It's hard to pinpoint but what I said could be a real possibility, regardless of talent. We have seen a few flashes of the talent these new guys have earlier in the season (Melo, Diego), but as a team we still have been poor. From high school soccer all the way up to Juventus you can have this sort of trouble when half of the side has new players.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
People also don't seem to realize that with five new players in the starting lineup (Diego, Melo, Grosso, Canna, Caceres), it was always going to be difficult getting them all going as a collective unit. When you add so many new players it takes time to get the team acquainted with one another, especially when you also change the system. Only when the said players are world class can they hit the ground running.

So in some ways these disappointments are not all that surprising.
-----------Eto------Milito-----------
--------------Sniedjer--------------
--------Motta--Cambi---Stanko----
Chivu-----Lucio----Samuel---Maicon
---------------Cesar-------------------

Inter new players in starting lineup in bold.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
-----------Eto------Milito-----------
--------------Sniedjer--------------
--------Motta--Cambi---Stanko----
Chivu-----Lucio----Samuel---Maicon
---------------Cesar-------------------

Inter new players in starting lineup.
So you think what I'm saying is a myth?

Mourinho used the same system, too.

But go ahead folks, overlook what I have to say.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
As if our entire team consists of those three players. :rolleyes2
no, the point is, this backline has played together before. (Diego, Melo, Grosso, Canna, Caceres). And you were the one saying we brought in 5 new players, when the truth is, 2 of the 5 have been playing together so therefore dont need to settle, when we talk purely on the linkup.

Caceres wasnt supposed to be starting, its because of the injury problems of the other RB-s we have.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
no, the point is, this backline has played together before. (Diego, Melo, Grosso, Canna, Caceres). And you were the one saying we brought in 5 new players, when the truth is, 2 of the 5 have been playing together so therefore dont need to settle, when we talk purely on the linkup.

Caceres wasnt supposed to be starting, its because of the injury problems of the other RB-s we have.
Grosso is on a NEW CLUB. IT DOES NOT MEAN HE KNOWS THE OTHER PLAYERS OTHER THAN CANNA AND BUFFON.

Got it?

Mar 3, 2008
Injuries. It's just that everytime we get used to a formation, a player returns from injury and we have to adjust the formation to suit him. Instead we should've tried to integrate these players in the already working formation. So injuries and an inexperienced coach.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Grosso is on a NEW CLUB. IT DOES NOT MEAN HE KNOWS THE OTHER PLAYERS OTHER THAN CANNA AND BUFFON.

Got it?
Well if you continue with this, it makes Ciro look even worse. Inters new signings dont seem to have a problem settling in (and they dont even have experience playing together before), must be something to do with coach and coach experience, i guess.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)