The Official Jean-Alain Boumsong Thread (Lyon) (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
Think we lost 2 Million if Im not wrong ...

Btw, Lyon do surprise me in the way that year after year, their better player are taken away from them by Europe's biggest clubs and yet they still remain so competitive ...

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Would be good but i don`t see it happening tho.Why would we sign Grosso if we have MOLINARO? :p Lets try to sell Secco and co. to someone...
3mln euros for Boumsong is good i think.Now lets find 7 more and buy Vargas.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Juve & Lyon Agree Boumsong Move - Report

Juventus defender Jean-Alain Boumsong is just hours away from joining Lyon on loan, according to reports in Italy.

This morning the Bianconeri and Lyon reached an agreement over the Frenchman, which will see him complete a loan move until the end of the season, with an option to then make the transfer permanent.

Boumsong signed for Juventus in the summer of 2006 for just under €5m and was a regular in their Serie B promotion campaign last season.

However this term he has barely featured due to injury and Coach Claudio Ranieri clearly feels he is not up to the level of the Old Lady.

Boumsong originally left the French league in 2004 when he joined Rangers from Auxerre. From there he moved on to Newcastle, where he endured a miserable 18 months.

The 28-year-old was infamous for his error-prone centre-back partnership with Titus Bramble, which saw the pair nicknamed 'The Chuckle Brothers’ after the slapstick, disaster-ridden British television comedy duo.

With Boumsong on the move it seems inevitable that Juventus will be forced to make a foray into the transfer market to sign at least one, if not two central defenders.

With Giorgio Chiellini, Jonathan Zebina and Jorge Andrade injured, and Domenico Criscito loaned out, the Bianconeri only have one natural centre back option (Nicola Legrottaglie) currently available in their first team squad.

goal.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)