The Official Italy WC Thread (5 Viewers)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
It certainly looks like it is.

Italy winning by penalties after the way that scumbag Materazzi got Zidane left off will always leave a sour taste in my mouth.

Cannavaro, Materazzi :tdown:

Sep 14, 2003
I would say Zidane (As much as I loved what he did for Juve) got himself sent off.

As for Materazzi, the guy is a grade A prick. However, he played an important role in Italy's WC victory.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I would say Zidane (As much as I loved what he did for Juve) got himself sent off.

As for Materazzi, the guy is a grade A prick. However, he played an important role in Italy's WC victory.

He did get himself sent off, but Materazzi knew what he was doing, he wanted to get him sent off

In the end, i have to concede that Marco was the cleverer of the two, but it was dirty and so much like him.

Sep 14, 2003
He was provoked, no doubt. Yet Zidane simply could not control himself. I don't believe Zizou was new to these tactics.

Unfortunately, it is part of the game. I repeat, Materazzi is a classless, non entity of a human being.

Mar 10, 2009
Easily the most talented Italian team I've ever seen. I'm glad that Italian generation of players finally won something, with the players they had they should have achieved much more.

Guarin-lover

Feb 2, 2014
Today, it's been 11 years since Italy won the WC 2006 after a penalty shoo-out against France?

For those who are either Italians or like/support the Italy NT, has your opinion about Marco Materazzi changed since that tournament?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
He did get himself sent off, but Materazzi knew what he was doing, he wanted to get him sent off

In the end, i have to concede that Marco was the cleverer of the two, but it was dirty and so much like him.

Dude, wtf? Zidane pulled this shit his entire career. It's his own fucking fault.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Now reading this thread I see ZZ is a known head butting offender lol. And you want to call Mario M a common dirty player.
Incorrect .... he is a smart dirty player while ZZ is a dumb dirty player. Big difference.

I have watch this vid countless times and being for us Americans July 4th today, here it is on 17 year anniversary.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Naw, mang. Forget Cannavaro's unibrow. All Buffon saves all the time. All Delpie-to-the-face all the time. All Lippi-gonna-strut all the time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)