The Official Hip-Hop Thread, Nukkah! (1 Viewer)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He's reunited with his homie.

Its a shame I never seen ATCQ live, bigger shame him and Q tip were on bad terms for so long.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
This just sucks. ATCQ and De La Soul are my favorite hip hop groups ever.

This whole year musically just sucks. Everybody is dying.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Yeah it has been crazy...Tribe were like the first old school hip hop I started loving. Definitely my favourite hip hop group.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yeah they best group, and best duo for me is:

They have countless of songs together as duo, just illustrating how sick they are on their own, times 2 makes for crazy ill :D

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Check the what you listening to today thread if you wanna know if I have love for Prodigy (I been listening to him for past hour). Mobb deep is genuine duo and defenitely give Red and Meth run for their money, but the latter duo take it for me. Not the amount of work Mobb deep put together (since they solo acts too besides being part of other groups), but simply more iconic and more fun rappers for me for sure.

Rae and Ghost dont count as duo, just a collab, otherwise it would be unfair lol. Just listening to criminology is crazy.

In truth Mos and Talib are best duo lyrically :D But Red and Meth just too hood and raw legends that its pure awesome when they come together.

Too many to consider in terms of duos still tho.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Check the what you listening to today thread if you wanna know if I have love for Prodigy (I been listening to him for past hour). Mobb deep is genuine duo and defenitely give Red and Meth run for their money, but the latter duo take it for me. Not the amount of work Mobb deep put together (since they solo acts too besides being part of other groups), but simply more iconic and more fun rappers for me for sure.

Rae and Ghost dont count as duo, just a collab, otherwise it would be unfair lol. Just listening to criminology is crazy.

In truth Mos and Talib are best duo lyrically :D But Red and Meth just too hood and raw legends that its pure awesome when they come together.

Too many to consider in terms of duos still tho.
Lol yeah you're right about Rae and Ghost. Not a duo, but fuck they rip shit it up hard on the purple tape. Still listening to that shit 16-17 years after I first heard it. Whenever you put any of those Wu-Tang guys together it's always some epic shit.

And :tup: to Redman and Meth. Redman gotta be one of the most underrated MCs ever along with AZ.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Lol forgot em for a second. But its different with them. They musically prolly prime duo wise, but lopsided one, I love Andre 3000 (actually start to hate him for how little music he does, genial verses but rarely does em), creative genius rapper really but insane flow, but never liked Big Boi like that. For a duo be considered one of my top favs oughta be I like both alot. And I dont. Its not just preferring one over the other (do it with all, Red over Meth, Mos over Talib, Prodigy over Havoc etc), but rarely had aaaaaaawshit moment when it was Big Boi's time on the songs. He good, but I listened to Outkast entirely for the style and verses, and it was delivered by Andre 3 stacks mainly.

For example listen to this song, Big Boi does well, but who will remember it after hearing Andre's sick verse first?

South in general were filled with sick duo's/groups that rarely get mentionned in these context, cant mention em all but mainly: UGK, Scarface, Geto Boyz, Devin The Dude, Little Brother, 8ball and MJG, Three Six Mafia etc

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

I saw ATCQ, De La Soul, Jungle Brothers, and Monie Love in concert

Hip Hop Royalty
I dont know if I should be super jelly and build time machine or lament I didnt have that as my music taste when I was 6 years old and continents away :D

No idea who Monie Love is, searched her, and first video I found (monie in middle), has Heather B randomly appearing in the video, loved vids of that time, endless cameos of other dope artists.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
You on point Phife?
All the time, tip

That record..........................

THEIR FIRST THREE RECORDS................................

My god, what classics :touched:

So glad to have lived, and loved the music of the Native Tongues movement of that era.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)