The Official Hedge Our Bad Transfers/Bad Performances Thread (1 Viewer)

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #42
    What bugs even more is people who were screaming for months how they wet their pants just to hear the name "Xabi" and how he is set to form a perfect match with Juve.

Now that we have signed Poulsen "IT IS NOT THAT FUCKING BAD",

Does it make you feel special to defend the board while everyone know they are clueless?
    People label the pessimists assholes who don't know anything about football, yet people like me blast the board for obvious mistakes. They attack the poster and not the idea.

The disappointments we have seen regarding transfers are very much open to criticism, especially this "quantity is more important" jargon. It doesn't really matter how many players you have if all the players you have in the position are not good enough.

The possible disaster here is that De Ceglie performs just as bas as Molinaro last year and we're stuck with the same crap on the left flank while the new players don't play as well as expected (Mellberg, Amauri, etc). Then if the older Del Piero is injured we will have to rely solely on Giovinco to make things happen, which hopefully he can do but we don't know if he can yet.

K_Mac

Apr 15, 2006
    we don't have to solely rely on Giovinco and Del Piero for creativity. Camoranesi is quite capable of the magic spark. He was immaculate the second half of the season. Although he sucked at the Euro...

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    People label the pessimists assholes who don't know anything about football, yet people like me blast the board for obvious mistakes. They attack the poster and not the idea.

The disappointments we have seen regarding transfers are very much open to criticism, especially this "quantity is more important" jargon. It doesn't really matter how many players you have if all the players you have in the position are not good enough.

The possible disaster here is that De Ceglie performs just as bas as Molinaro last year and we're stuck with the same crap on the left flank while the new players don't play as well as expected (Mellberg, Amauri, etc). Then if the older Del Piero is injured we will have to rely solely on Giovinco to make things happen, which hopefully he can do but we don't know if he can yet.
    But these are chances to be taken, what if we buy Vargas and he gets inured in the second game in the season, an injury that will rule him out for eight months? And what if we sign Xabi Alonso and Ranieri doesn't know how to use him and we end up with Tiago #2?

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #45
    we don't have to solely rely on Giovinco and Del Piero for creativity. Camoranesi is quite capable of the magic spark. He was immaculate the second half of the season. Although he sucked at the Euro...
    I'm talking about in the center of the pitch where people see more of the ball, specifically around the box where Del Piero was by far the biggest and potentially only real influence around the 18. I'd have to say that 70% of the goals last season went through him alone.

But these are chances to be taken, what if we buy Vargas and he gets inured in the second game in the season, an injury that will rule him out for eight months? And what if we sign Xabi Alonso and Ranieri doesn't know how to use him and we end up with Tiago #2?
    So what should we do? Just buy crappy players or DM's who can thrive just being plopped out on the pitch?

Everybody is a friggin' chance, but I'd rather take a chance than be stuck with mediocre players.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    I'm talking about in the center of the pitch where people see more of the ball, specifically around the box where Del Piero was by far the biggest and potentially only real influence around the 18. I'd have to say that 70% of the goals last season went through him alone.

So what should we do? Just buy crappy players or DM's who can thrive just being plopped out on the pitch?

Everybody is a friggin' chance, but I'd rather take a chance than be stuck with mediocre players.
    Personally, I'd rather see the team play before I judge them.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #47
    Personally, I'd rather see the team play before I judge them.
    Personally, I'd say it doesn't take a genius to figure out that Poulsen, Mellberg and Knezevic hardly improve the quality in our squad. And other players were needed far more than Amauri.

Gep

The Guv'nor
    Jun 12, 2005
    We get promised a world class player......where is he? im not gonna get involved with the slating of poulsen as alot of guys here was even slating the signing of sissoko and then quickly changed their minds. Look! poulsen is here now so now we gotta get behind the team. my only concern is our defence. i hate seeing molinaro in a starting lineup.

Gep

The Guv'nor
    Jun 12, 2005
    Milan have just signed Ronaldinho and flamini and zambrotta (Mercenary) and we get some defender i cant even pronounce mellberg and poulsen. yep! they are world class! we're a useless bunch at transfers.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
    We get promised a world class player......where is he? im not gonna get involved with the slating of poulsen as alot of guys here was even slating the signing of sissoko and then quickly changed their minds. Look! poulsen is here now so now we gotta get behind the team. my only concern is our defence. i hate seeing molinaro in a starting lineup.
    Milan have just signed Ronaldinho and flamini and zambrotta (Mercenary) and we get some defender i cant even pronounce mellberg and poulsen. yep! they are world class! we're a useless bunch at transfers.
    Funny it took you one post to contradict what you said in the first. Come on, man! We gotta get behind the team. :howler:

I'm not jabbing you or anything. I, much like you and the rest of the forum, am finding it awfully hard to brag about any of Juventus' transfers, including Amauri.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #55
    You mean the same thing you do whenever I post?
    No, I attack the idea that you try to argue politics when you don't even know the geography that goes into understanding the problems, such as the locations of the Straight of Hormuz or Iran itself.

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    Please read what you have just typed? When did we have Nesta on Juve's bench:rofl:
    Nesta never played for Juve :confused:
    I know Nesta never played for Juve, i just used him as an example. The point i wanted to bring across is that backup players don't to be quality players and will never will be. But still everyone is bagging Knezevic as he is going to be a starter.

I know the quality of the team has not increased a lot but the issue is not Knezevic here.

Was that for me?
    No
    i just read a few pages in a few threads and i saw Knezevic's name being brought up a lot of times.

Dec 6, 2007
    Milan are gna have a huge prophet with Ronaldinho on the team....he is like beckham in advertisments alot of people are gna buy his shirt and jackasses from Barcellona are gna called them selves Milanistas :melayyanandmessi:

his already in every Nike commercial but Milan are Adidas but still ppl are gna watch and buy his shirt

Gep

The Guv'nor
    Jun 12, 2005
    Funny it took you one post to contradict what you said in the first. Come on, man! We gotta get behind the team. :howler:

I'm not jabbing you or anything. I, much like you and the rest of the forum, am finding it awfully hard to brag about any of Juventus' transfers, including Amauri.

Oh dont get me wrong im def gonna get behind our boys but im simply comparing transfers. why say we're going to get a few big names then produce the transfers we just got. anyone would think that we are the club in the uefa cup next season. just a bit annoying thats all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)