The Official Haxball Tournament thread. (13 Viewers)

Jul 13, 2010
so lets take the teams I generated randomly. Its up to you to decide if the draw is fair or do i nead to proove it somehow, redraw or etc.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Yugoslavia power!
Yeah. no way was that random :D

First team is the best.
No it's not. Welcome the first group as champions already.
No guys, come on, the group is not too strong :D Nah, I'm kidding, we're all from the same region, understand eachother and have played together before, so it would be a bit unfair.

I don't agree with some of your ratings. I don't think this is a good idea because everyone will never agree. Random is the only fair way to do it.
Yes and no. I think we should do the group leaders thing and then randomize the others, that would perhaps be most fair. Otherwise with a purely random draw you can get a very strong team, like the first one.

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
I think that 8 best players should be excluded from random drawing to avoid potential bad ass teams.

Other 16 players should be put randomly.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
I don't agree with some of your ratings. I don't think this is a good idea because everyone will never agree. Random is the only fair way to do it.
Nope we need group leaders otherwise it's pointless and we should just play 1 vs.1 while we're at it.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
If you guys wanna stick with the first draw tho, thats fine with me as well.

We can have another tournament in a while after this one and then we can have a new draw.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Yes and no. I think we should do the group leaders thing and then randomize the others, that would perhaps be most fair. Otherwise with a purely random draw you can get a very strong team, like the first one.
I think that 8 best players should be excluded from random drawing to avoid potential bad ass teams.

Other 16 players should be put randomly.
I see what you're both saying, but since this is about fairness, we need some fair way for everybody to agree on the 8 top players.

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
everyone involved, place your list of 8, then we'll count, as suggested before.

Or a mod needs to setup a poll in which the participants can vote

Jul 13, 2010
for those who don't know how the random picking works:

1.I went to http://classtools.net/education-games-php/fruit_machine
2.Pasted the list with registered names
3.Picked fruit machine drawing
4.First three picked names were added to the first team. After each single pick I removed the used name.

And the teams are:

Gagi
zlatan
Oggy

Suns
Gabriel
Sheik Yerbouti

Bufi
Inablabla
JBF

Frick
Melo
The Curr

B3
Salvo
Klin

Powis
j0ker
Dzovinco

JCK
TWW
Blondu

cheese
Chester
vodka

frick

Apr 4, 2010
Random is fairer but it can lead to uncompetitive tournament. For starters some of us is playing haxball only just for a few days, while some others have considerable good experience. The worst case is those who falls into first category teamed up playing against the so called champions.

I say pick the leaders of each group and then generate random teammates for them.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
everyone involved, place your list of 8, then we'll count, as suggested before.

Or a mod needs to setup a poll in which the participants can vote
Too messy that'll be without a poll. And since there's no mod you can well start off a bookie event where we get to bet instead of a vote, everyone has a point then after we count them off you abandon it. What do you say man?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)