The Official EU Thread (3 Viewers)

OP
IrishZebra

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
  • Thread Starter #42
    And I thought I was the conspiracy theorist.

You know nothing about economics when you don't point out the USD is the world reserve currency. Everything else you proposed is inconsequential when we have this lovely fact in tact.
    Hah conspriacy theorist, that's what you call reasoned argument form somebody who actually studies the topic we're talking about.

Again, we talking about the EU fast-becoming a threat not currently being one Like i pointed out.

As for the USD as the world reserve currency, it's a rookie mistake in these times to hold it up as a bastion of Us supremacy as its close to becoming defunct. The BRIC countries are already in talks over replacing it...

I think I see where we're both coming form now anyway

You're coming from a pure economic point of view

I'm not retorting in pure economics but more like this
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_economy

I really think you branding me a conspiracy theorist is a poor attempt to discredit that which you can't with reason.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
    Who the hell cares whether the USA, China or the Eropean Union is the strongest?

I know which one of the three I'd rather live in.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Hah conspriacy theorist, that's what you call reasoned argument form somebody who actually studies the topic we're talking about.

Again, we talking about the EU fast-becoming a threat not currently being one Like i pointed out.

As for the USD as the world reserve currency, it's a rookie mistake in these times to hold it up as a bastion of Us supremacy as its close to becoming defunct. The BRIC countries are already in talks over replacing it...

I think I see where we're both coming form now anyway

You're coming from a pure economic point of view

I'm not retorting in pure economics but more like this
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_economy

I really think you branding me a conspiracy theorist is a poor attempt to discredit that which you can't with reason.
    :lol2:

Just look at the economies of your European Union. If you think that the EU is the biggest threat to the US, you're living in a fairy tale land. Asia is the biggest threat to both of us.

Spain is in a depression admittedly, Germany and Austria are rumored to be close to default, so who gives a crap about the EU. You guys over there are nothing but a pin prick on the butt that is the world economy.

OP
    IrishZebra

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
    Jun 18, 2006
  • Thread Starter #50
    :lol2:

Just look at the economies of your European Union. If you think that the EU is the biggest threat to the US, you're living in a fairy tale land. Asia is the biggest threat to both of us.

Spain is in a depression admittedly, Germany and Austria are rumored to be close to default, so who gives a crap about the EU. You guys over there are nothing but a pin prick on the butt that is the world economy.
    Did you even read anything i posted, its remarkable anybody can be that dense.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    New low for us.

Poland okays forcible castration for pedophiles
    Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:45pm EDT

WARSAW (Reuters) - Poland on Friday approved a law making chemical castration mandatory for pedophiles in some cases, sparking criticism from human rights groups.

Under the law, sponsored by Poland's center-right government, pedophiles convicted of raping children under the age of 15 years or a close relative would have to undergo chemical therapy on their release from prison.

"The purpose of this action is to improve the mental health of the convict, to lower his libido and thereby to reduce the risk of another crime being committed by the same person," the government said in a statement.

Prime Minister Donald Tusk said late last year he wanted obligatory castration for pedophiles, whom he branded 'degenerates'. Tusk said he did not believe "one can use the term 'human' for such individuals, such creatures."

"Therefore I don't think protection of human rights should refer to these kind of events," Tusk also said.
    [wonderful, and this is supposed to be the sensible moderate :rolleyes: ]

His remarks drew criticism from human rights groups but he never retracted them.

"Introducing any mandatory treatment raises doubts as such a requirement is never reasonable and life can always produce cases that lawmakers could never have even dreamt of," said Piotr Kladoczny from the Helsinki Foundation of Human Rights.

"If somebody is of sound mind, we punish him. If he is sick, we try to cure him -- that's how it works in Polish law. This bill introduces both approaches. As far as I know, this makes our law the strictest in Europe on this issue," Kladoczny said.

The bill, which also increases prison sentences for rape and incest, must still be approved by the upper chamber of parliament. This is seen as a formality as Tusk's Civic Platform party holds a majority of its 100 seats.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)