The Official Aussie Rules Football Thread (1 Viewer)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I've never been into AFL since it's more a Victoria thing, but I do have great respect for the athleticism of those boys. Probably one of the most physically demanding sports out there.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Nenz

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
  • Thread Starter #22
    Watching the Hawthorn - Geelong grandfinal rematch. 70 000 crowd. Half time Hawthorn beating Geelong by 14 but may as well be 50. Geelong have no momentum what so ever, which is a massive surprise given that Hawthorn suck this year.
    The defensive zone is killing this beautiful game!

OP
    Nenz

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
  • Thread Starter #26
    Here's the deal people. Collingwood are sitting 3rd on the table, we've won 12 of the past 13 we're now equal favorites for the Premiership with St Kilda who've lost their last two and look out of form.
    I'm fucking psyched! Finally Collingwood are playing premiership winning football. If we make the final you're all invited for beer and nachos at mine. Hope you can make the voyage down.

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    Thats not what the folk in anywhere but Victoria basically think of it, B. Especially people from Sydney who love their Rugby League and I must admit that sport is dam brutal.

Anyway, you Pies fans are just pumped up as you ever been for the past few years. But thats a dam good team. Whether they have the juice in September, we will find out because Geelong have loads of it and could be a force if they get their team back.

Byrone

Peen Meister
    Dec 19, 2005
    Thats not what the folk in anywhere but Victoria basically think of it, B. Especially people from Sydney who love their Rugby League and I must admit that sport is dam brutal.

Anyway, you Pies fans are just pumped up as you ever been for the past few years. But thats a dam good team. Whether they have the juice in September, we will find out because Geelong have loads of it and could be a force if they get their team back.
    Thats strange but you have to admit they are really tough considering how they take each other out.Also the game flows much better than Rugby so its far more intense.

OP
    Nenz

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
  • Thread Starter #30

Geelong have pretty much their whole list playing now. They've just ran out of form at the worst time of the year. I don't know if they can come back or not so quickly, we'll have to see. I think we should knock them off if we play them first game of the finals.

I've gotta agree with B. The reason I enjoy Aussie Rules so much is because its such a fast paced game and at the same time near to full contact. To be an elite footballer you have to be at the peak of physical form, be extremely brave and also have great skills under pressured situation because unlike rugby you don't know if a player is coming at you from what way and composure is extremely important in football.

OP
    Nenz

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
  • Thread Starter #31
    One of the best games I've ever seen the other night. Collingwood were down by 30 points at half time and came back to win. I have never been so nervous in my life.

This is the last 5 minutes:

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    Since Nenna probably will not revive the thread, i thought i would take the liberty of doing so. The reason he wont is because his team got smashed last weekend and dumped out of the finals.

Sorry mate better luck next year, am sure you will do better ( maybe not a grand final but at least a decent account of yourselves).

Its between the saints and the cats now.

OP
    Nenz

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
  • Thread Starter #33
    Since Nenna probably will not revive the thread, i thought i would take the liberty of doing so. The reason he wont is because his team got smashed last weekend and dumped out of the finals.

Sorry mate better luck next year, am sure you will do better ( maybe not a grand final but at least a decent account of yourselves).

Its between the saints and the cats now.
    Haha I actually completely gave up on this thread after that game.

Anyway, the grandfinal was an amazing match. Probably the best grand final I've ever seen. When I find pictures i'll be sure to post up.

All I can find at the moment. Last minute of the game where Geelong score a winning goal:

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
    I don't know how this will go but I want to give it a shot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIReSJhQor0
    Talk or learn about the 150 year old game on here. Its one of the fastest and toughest sports on the planet.

About half way through one of the most competitive seasons I've ever seen played. My beloved Collingwood just won a 1 point the difference thriller :flag1: so I was inspired to open this thread :D
    Holy fuck, that was awesome. Imagine having one of those guys as your goalie.
    Buffon would rule this game!

OP
    Nenz

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
  • Thread Starter #35
    Eℓvin;2156717 said:
    Holy fuck, that was awesome. Imagine having one of those guys as your goalie.
    Buffon would rule this game!
    Buffon playing AFL? I just felt a tingle in my crotch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)