The off topic thread (28 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Here's my opinion
Greed has been part of life because in the past humans have made it part of life .
They passed it on to their children , and their children passed it to their children..
Hmmm, i don't know about this. I think it's in our nature mate.
Look at some of the animals and the birds when they fight and kill each other for territory. Do you think lions and the seagulls also inherit this from their parents ?

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jun 13, 2007
Hmmm, i don't know about this. I think it's in our nature mate.
Look at some of the animals and the birds when they fight and kill each other for territory. Do you think lions and the seagulls also inherit this from their parents ?
Well .. Us being the most intelligent creatures in the world . I think its fair to say we have more control of our actions than a flock of birds . Actually , we don't inherit it from our parents and that was my point , we inherit it by what we see in our daily life growing up . We become ambitious and eventually greedy and selfish .

I didn't mean we inherit it biologically by DNA , i mean we inherit it from our parent's actions , what we see on t.v etc...

We could change what we started .

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
and it's really stupid to take this this long, you just can't talk about your people as a unit, and call them idiots, intellectual blah blah.. These generalization only makes you an idiot. Because in every nation, there are intellectual and smart people, and lot of idiots.. Each one is responsible for his own, if your people's educational level is high and your country is well developed, you can't feel yourself full because of that or feel elated comparing to others, the way you think and behave is the only way makes you differ from others, and not your nationality, religion or your skin color..

Jun 13, 2007
and it's really stupid to take this this long, you just can't talk about your people as a unit, and call them idiots, intellectual blah blah.. These generalization only makes you an idiot. Because in every nation, there are intellectual and smart people, and lot of idiots.. Each one is responsible for his own, if your people's educational level is high and your country is well developed, you can't feel yourself full because of that or feel elated comparing to others, the way you think and behave is the only way makes you differ from others, and not your nationality, religion or your skin color..
exactly Snoop

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Bold part :
You , not Vinman .

Im talking down to Americans who think the rest of the world are ignorant garbage , and anything that may offend his country should be hit with a nuclear bomb . Infact ive many quite a few amricans that are intelligent , its the overwhelming stupidity of the unintelligent ones that gets to me .
wow...now you're putting words in my mouth...

Where, or where did I say that I support what my government has done ??

Where did I exactly say that I support Bush in this whole mess ??

And where the hell did I say that anyone should be hit with a nuclear bomb ??

First you make accusations that all Americans are stupid because they dont know where Lebanon is...I agree that the people you mentioned must be a bit on the dumb side, but dont throw everyone in the USA under the bus for that

I mentioned that WE, the American people, arent seeing any value at the gas pumps for this war that we are supposedly in just for the oil

and maybe you think Aremicans are stupid for various reasons, but for the life of me I cant figure out why people strap bombs to themselves (as well as their children), and claim that they will go to heaven for committing murder

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Here's my opinion
Greed has been part of life because in the past humans have made it part of life .
They passed it on to their children , and their children passed it to their children..

My biggest worry is exactly what your saying , humans have learned to accept it as part of them and have decided to just live with it . The fact is , war could cease to exist , it's just our " i guess i'll have to accept it " attitude that continually destroys any chance of peace .

My point is , America has more potential or a bigger chance of ceasing war than any other country around . America isn't fucking up Iraq for self defense and protection for its people , give me a break . What annoys me is that they keep on promoting war instead of peace , If America aren't trying to achieve peace , who else would ?

Yes , war has been around for thousands of years , but at this point in time we have the greatest chance of stopping war . It can stop , greed can go , and peace is possible , if only everyone wanted that .

You may say i'm a dreamer , but i'm not the only one :D

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to agree with Alen here. If greed was something that came about through watching other people, humans would have fixed that long ago. Greed is something that you feel even before you understand what you're doing, as seen in several pre-schools, kids steal toys from other kids everyday because they want them. Greed is something built into the human psyche, I don't know why, it just is. That's why blaming one nation for being greedy but not acting against other greedy nations is hypocritical.

And everybody promotes war, you know? Hezbollah promotes war everyday, so don't give me this hypocrisy.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
ßömßäяdîëя;1428364 said:
Okay, what's up, get me in on this shit...
Americans don't know shit about the rest of the world, the US government is the main bane of the world, the Americans re-elected Bush so America is wrong, Americans know nothing about geography, the same old stuff.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
I hate to cut off your little victory parade here, but you decide squat, Vin. You embody the law. If the law deems it righteous to take away a life, you take away a life. You don't get to decide whether it's just or not. You follow rules.
the words "reasonably believe" go a long way .....

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
Vinman, my friend plays in an open-league in the SF area, and today he said he played against a team comprised of SF police officers. Apparently the game was cancelled because they couldn't stop the fighting, and it carried into the parking lot after the "match". Do you do this with your colleagues ? :D

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
Americans don't know shit about the rest of the world, the US government is the main bane of the world, the Americans re-elected Bush so America is wrong, Americans know nothing about geography, the same old stuff.
Gonna have to go ahead and say that the geography bit is more or less true :rolleyes: As is the not knowing shit about the rest of the world. This is in general terms, of course.

Apr 12, 2004
You and I know more geographically than half of the WORLD, we are dumb (Americans), we are smart, you and I, we never voted for Bush.

Okay anyone that has beef, I'm going to cap off and put a hollow to your domw.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Anybody that votes is voting for their own interest, whether it be for the Lebanese government, anywhere in Europe, anywhere on the earth. So I pose a question to you... would you vote for a candidate that has committed atrocities across the world but would serve to protect you and you family better than another candidate?
Please tell me about this thing called "voting". I heard about "him" all my life but I don't think I may know "him" even if I see him eye to eye.

Andy, you're speaking as if voting is possible all over the world. Let me ask you a question:

Why can Americans vote to choose their representatives while they want others in the rest of the world not having the same rights to vote??

If you vote for a guy who is willing to protect you by forbidding others from enjoying the same rights you want for yourself, then you have to expect others to react in an unpredicted way.

If USA allows for more democracy in the World, I don't think there will be much hatred for Americans all over the world.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
the words "reasonably believe" go a long way .....
You? Reason?

Oh come on. You're driven by impulses. There's no ratio in your personality whatsoever. It makes you superficial and bloody dangerous. You don't get half of what is being sad here and that makes you mad. So you start to insult people. You start calling them "readers".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)