The odd forum awards - THE WINNERS (74 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++

Such a nice patrionising tone in that post :D We happen to have one of the most violent climates of all continental European nations actually. It's because we have a very flat land, reclaimed from the sea, you have very odd circumstances that create, logical wise, odd types of weather.

Thunderstorms are the best examples. They sometimes come out of nowhere, strike with huge force, then disappear again. I heard some provinces even have thunderstorm alarms in their cities, warning people to get the hell inside.
Wow, that's rather interesting. I did not know that Holland has such a harsh climate. I guess it would make sense with the cool sea right next to a rather flat land, that thunderstorms would be generated during the heat of the day.

It sounds like the same kind of weather around where I live. Thunderstorms pop up in the heat of the day, almost out of no where, and sometimes if they are really bad, a severe thunderstorm warning is issued by the National Weather Service. And of course if the thunderstorm is rotating, a Tornado Warning is issued. The only thing different about our respective areas is that the thunderstorms around here are generated by the interaction of the mountains.

Buy on AliExpress.com

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
And Fabi, when its really cold, and the temperature hits below 0 degrees celsius, and moisture drops down from the sky, its called snow.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by fabiana ] ++

SERGIO, SWEETHEART YOU'RE WRONG
I'm not saying that the girls don't dig tornadoes, I'm saying they don't dig Meteorologists.

i've driven through a couple of Hurricanes, for what its worth. Good Times.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Andre 3000 ] ++
And Fabi, when its really cold, and the temperature hits below 0 degrees celsius, and moisture drops down from the sky, its called snow.
And when rain is falling from the sky where the temperature is above zero degrees Celsius, and hits the ground where the temperature is below zero, then it is called freezing rain. Maybe to hard for you to understand though. :D

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003

Whoa!!

Seriously?

I didnt know about the ice either... I guess living with a hot sun 24/7 has really affected my brain.

****ers :D

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andrea Becchi ] ++

And when rain is falling from the sky where the temperature is above zero degrees Celsius, and hits the ground where the temperature is below zero, then it is called freezing rain. Maybe to hard for you to understand though. :D
That happened here once. I got hit by one and it hurt!

OP
Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #308
    Wow, that's rather interesting. I did not know that Holland has such a harsh climate. I guess it would make sense with the cool sea right next to a rather flat land, that thunderstorms would be generated during the heat of the day.

It sounds like the same kind of weather around where I live. Thunderstorms pop up in the heat of the day, almost out of no where, and sometimes if they are really bad, a severe thunderstorm warning is issued by the National Weather Service. And of course if the thunderstorm is rotating, a Tornado Warning is issued. The only thing different about our respective areas is that the thunderstorms around here are generated by the interaction of the mountains.
    Wow. You seem to know an awful lot about this! :cool:

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003

No no no Fabi, I think you are thinking of HAIL, which comes from severe thunderstorms.

I dont really know anything about the weather. Im sorry!

Being a metereologist sounds like a very interesting job, if you really like it you should become one

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by fabiana ] ++

I dont really know anything about the weather. Im sorry!

Being a metereologist sounds like a very interesting job, if you really like it you should become one
    Hey thats alright.

I might decide to major in meteorology, but I am also very interested in International Business and Marketing. So I don't know what I am gonna do yet.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Who are you kidding, Andrea??

We know the truth. You're just addictted to The Weather channel :D
    Yeah, I watch the Weather Channel around the clock, making sure I memorize the weather forecasts for all the major cities in the U.S. I also make my own forecasts with temperature predictions and pollen counts.

Yeah right, all bull sh*t. :D

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Dedication time.
    mmm, dedication time?!

I guess I dedicate my 1000th post to Roberto Baggio, my first favorite player; My favorite coach Marcelo Lippi, who served Juve well for 8 seasons; and my fellow Juventus supporters who I love very much. :touched:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 74)