The odd forum awards - THE WINNERS (33 Viewers)

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
Man U - they don't have our concerns. They don't have many English players, and the ones they do have will not make the trip to Portugal (except Scholes). Wales DNQ. American 'Keeper not going to Euro. RVN is their biggest concern.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Andrea Becchi ] ++
What type of team will Juve face in the qualifiers; a Dinamo Bucharest or a Dinamo KIEV?
I really sympathize with Kiev actually, since the Soviet times. I remember the times of Shevchenko and Rebrov... in the 1997-98 CL group stage they beat Barcelona 3-0 at home and 4-0 at Nou Camp... to be stopped by Juventus in the quarters.

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
Sergio...Don't take my word on it..I'm getting different versions from people...most agree they probably will NOT make the trip and others claim they will because its like a vacation which i find hard to believe.

But you never know

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Too late Nick, I blindly followed your advice and cancelled my tickets, now my brother-in-law won't talk to me, and i've cause unnecessary family strife.

Thanks a lot, "Fratello"

:cheesy: (I still hate this stupid smiley)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Vilhelmas ] ++

well surprise surprise, you support juve which is also pathetic from you pov. and you know who real fans are? lads supporting div 3 teams.
lads supporting div 3 teams are admirable, but dont forget that many of them also support a team in the top div!

like i said, these people are influenced by their environments. I think it's safe to say that 95% of the fans who support a div 3 team are from the same town. the other 4.9% are devoted fans like the Fiorentina fans who've watched their team go down and they stick with their team.

As for me, It's natural that i support a top team. I've lived in the middle east most of my life. We only get coverage of the top divisions. we dont get serie B, English Div 2,..etc. games. i watched many of the leagues and settled with Juve. FYI, I became a juve fan the night Juve lost to Dortmund. back then, I followed Milan because i liked Baggio (he wasn't at his best either) and i also followed Lazio because of Casiraghi. Before we had satilie tv, i could only see national teams.. that's how i was introduced to Casiraghi and Baggio.

This doesn't contradict with what i say about many US and far asian fans. They CAN Get many EPL, Bundesliga, Argentinian, French, and to some extent, the Spanish and Italian leagues. but they are more influenced by the media-whores like Becks. dont' get me wrong, it's natural to fall in love with a winning team that plays good football. My problem is with the fake fans that change boats when their own is sinking.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andre 3000 ] ++

Thanks for the Info, Nick. Now, the more I think about it, the more I won't go. Not that I was really leaning towards going anyway.
same here... i wont be making a tip east this summer. I've already taken that into consideration. besides, my football spending is going to a new pair of boots ($200.00) and the Euro2004 package ($179.99 :groan:)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
OH MY GOD! The Emergency Sirens are sounding................ there is a TORNADO WARNING for my area!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:howler:

take care.

.... we tune out the tornado warnings... we hear them everyday :D

Hurricane season is starting!

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Wow dude, that was fvcking awesome! Supposedly there was a tornado spotted a couple miles from my house! Damn, I wish I saw it. I might become a meteorologist or weather forecaster for my adulthood; I love the suspense of this. We don't get many tornadoes around here, so I always get hyped up about it when a warning comes in, thinking that I will finally get to see a tornado. You know what an awesome job would be? Being a tornado chaser; getting up close to a tornado and filming it. That would be rather cool. Hmmm, I need to call my friends up to see whats going on.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
Wow dude, that was fvcking awesome! Supposedly there was a tornado spotted a couple miles from my house! Damn, I wish I saw it. I might become a meteorologist or weather forecaster for my adulthood; I love the suspense of this. We don't get many tornadoes around here, so I always get hyped up about it when a warning comes in, thinking that I will finally get to see a tornado. You know what an awesome job would be? Being a tornado chaser; getting up close to a tornado and filming it. That would be rather cool. Hmmm, I need to call my friends up to see whats going on.
:wallbang:

i dont mean EVERY SINGLE DAY!
it's just not something strange to get a tornado warning. during every bad storm in the summer we get warnings.
I've never seen one as big as the ones in the movies or the disastor shows on discovery channel.

i'm sure u like the movie "twister" then!? ;)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Andre 3000 ] ++

dude, Girls don't dig meteorologists.
Oh bull shite. Girls are just crawling to get with Al Roker. :D

Even if thats the case, I will combine meteorology with business, and work for a major company like the Weather Channel or NASA. That is hopefully where the big bucks come in, and you know, girls dig dem bucks. :D

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

:wallbang:

i dont mean EVERY SINGLE DAY!
it's just not something strange to get a tornado warning. during every bad storm in the summer we get warnings.
I've never seen one as big as the ones in the movies or the disastor shows on discovery channel.

i'm sure u like the movie "twister" then!? ;)

Big fan. Another good movie is "the Night of the Twisters" made by the Fox network.

What, do you live in tornado alley or something Majed?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)