The odd forum awards - THE WINNERS (78 Viewers)

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andrea Becchi ] ++

Okay, the best songs include "Megalomaniac" (my favorite), "Talk Show on Mute", and "Beware! Criminal". The latter is a great song.

About Barca, like I said they were the first team I watched play, so I have a feeling for them not only because they are such a great club. And also my favorite player at that time was Rivaldo, so I had to like Barca. But don't get me wrong, once I watched Juve I was in love, even more of a love than mine for Hilary Duff! :D
The first two are pretty cool, Im gonna download the last one to see if I like it.

Yeah, how old is Hillary Duff?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
let's just say she's a minor and Andy isnt :p
Hey, that only matters in judicial theory. :D

Hillary Duff is I think about 17 and a half, so still a few months to go. Just about a year younger than me.

Majed: I can do better as in older women? :D

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++

Sergio...good bio..but Pado is right..that last name sounds like upper crust Cambridge stock and not trailer park.
Let me get a crack at it:

Cindy Lou Twitty

Daughter of

Carl Lee a.k.a. "Stumpy" and Ethel

better?!
Spot on! You redneck, white trash, pork-eating country bumpkin. My only suggestion: make it "Cindy Dawn Twitty"

Fred

Oct 2, 2003

They have a good case IMO for thinking that Henry is the best player in the world. He's been awesome!

as for being the best team in the world, that's arguable. they are definately in the top 10. Most of the fans of the other teams in the top ten will rate their team highly too.

The pricks are the ones who'll follow Arsenal now, then ditch them when they get 3rd place or something.
if you're referring to me,then i assure you i wont do that this time;)

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by fabiana ] ++
I dont really know anything about Barca's history, etc. but Im starting to sympatize with them because of my favourite player.
Barca has a great history, with their political history during the Franco days, a insane amount of great players and a boatload of titles. Everyone should be a Barca fan, or atleast sympathiser. :stuckup:

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Torkel ] ++

Barca has a great history, with their political history during the Franco days, a insane amount of great players and a boatload of titles. Everyone should be a Barca fan, or atleast sympathiser. :stuckup:
Damn right! :touched::)

Sep 28, 2002

I have a lot of respect for the devoted, behaving and respectful Inter fans. It's not easy supporting a team who hasn't won anything with all the resources they have while watching their arch enamies win constantly. :touched:

They are real fans :thumb:

I can't stand the glory seekers. The fans who just follow the winning teams. From ManU, to Real, to Arsenal...etc... Pathetic really.

The current trend for these pricks is being a Milan fan. Dont get me wrong, watching is different from being a "fan."

I love to watch Milan, Real Madrid, and Roma games (it's natural to love to see beautiful football), but I'll never be a fan of either of them.
well surprise surprise, you support juve which is also pathetic from you pov. and you know who real fans are? lads supporting div 3 teams.

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Vilhelmas ] ++

well surprise surprise, you support juve which is also pathetic from you pov. and you know who real fans are? lads supporting div 3 teams.

as long as you supposrt your team through good and bad and not because of a certain player only then u a fan.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

that's mostly here in the US. I'm not sure about Barca though. They hav't won a title yet to gain the recognition of those many fake fans.

For the many young fans who aren't familiar with all the teams, it's only natural that they follow a team for a certain player that they know best. that's how most fans start supporting a team, then the team grows on them. This is not so much the case in Italy or England i guess because their family and the environment influences them more. A person from Liverpool'll most likely be a Liverpool FC or an Everton fan...etc, where as here in the US, the player they know best will influence the team they will support more.
I'm conflicted.

My brother-in-law tells me during dinner last night that he can get us tickets to watch Real Madrid vs. the MLS All-Stars here in Boston in July. Not only that, but he can get passes to their practice, which will be followed by autograph and photo sessions, very similar to what happened with Juve last year.

Now, on one hand, being in the US, the opportunity to see players the caliber of Zizou, Ronaldo, Beckham, Raul, Casillas, R. Carlos et al is very few and far between.

However......................................................

I DEPSISE Real Madrid.

What to do, What to do.........:wallbang:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Majed, I went to see Juve play against Barca last year in Boston, and the crowd was 50-50 in terms of support. I was shocked to see so many Barca jerseys, although some of the response I got when I asked them why they supported Barca was because of the players and their nationalities, i.e. Argentinians rooting for Saviola, Brazilians rooting for Donkey-boy and holding up their respective countries' flag.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andre 3000 ] ++

I'm conflicted.

My brother-in-law tells me during dinner last night that he can get us tickets to watch Real Madrid vs. the MLS All-Stars here in Boston in July. Not only that, but he can get passes to their practice, which will be followed by autograph and photo sessions, very similar to what happened with Juve last year.

Now, on one hand, being in the US, the opportunity to see players the caliber of Zizou, Ronaldo, Beckham, Raul, Casillas, R. Carlos et al is very few and far between.

However......................................................

I DEPSISE Real Madrid.

What to do, What to do.........:wallbang:
GO! I hate Madrid too, but you dont get to meet Zinedine Zidane, Beckham, etc. everyday.

Plus, you can sell the autographs on eBay :greedy:

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++

as long as you supposrt your team through good and bad and not because of a certain player only then u a fan.
no kiddin?

blah, anyways, if we dont get scudetto for two or 3 years, 90% of people in this forum will vanish like they never knew what juve is.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by fabiana ] ++

GO! I hate Madrid too, but you dont get to meet Zinedine Zidane, Beckham, etc. everyday.

Plus, you can sell the autographs on eBay :greedy:
The problem is, unlike Milan, whom I hate as well, I have NO respect whatsoever for Real Madrid. At least I respect Milan greatly, and would love to see them play here in the US again, so that maybe I could meet San Paolo. Not only does Real Madrid spend money exorbatantly, but they don't even spend it correctly.

Need defensive help? Especially after losing Makelele?? Sure, we'll go out and get David Beckham. And I know, I know, its all about the publicity, but the average football fan is smarter than that. Eventually, you have to win, or all the 'Galacticos' in theo world won't mean anything.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andre 3000 ] ++

The problem is, unlike Milan, whom I hate as well, I have NO respect whatsoever for Real Madrid. At least I respect Milan greatly, and would love to see them play here in the US again, so that maybe I could meet San Paolo. Not only does Real Madrid spend money exorbatantly, but they don't even spend it correctly.

Need defensive help? Especially after losing Makelele?? Sure, we'll go out and get David Beckham. And I know, I know, its all about the publicity, but the average football fan is smarter than that. Eventually, you have to win, or all the 'Galacticos' in theo world won't mean anything.

I think exactly the same.

But we're talking about money here! If you dont want an autograph of Zidane you could give it to me.

I say when you go and meet them, tell them that youre a Juventus fan and ask them if they really liked when we knocked them out of the CL
3-1 3-1 3-1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 78)