The Nike - Tamoil Controversy (1 Viewer)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by discobamba ] ++
leave us blankminded, beer sippin sportsmad Juve fans alone u moneytics :down:

i fell the end of this thread is near...
agreed... to both points

this discussion seems to be spilling over in an unsavoury way...

Buy on AliExpress.com

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Well, all this anti US sentiment sort of makes me not want to post on this board.

Trust me, we're not perfect by any stretch.

Personally, I think the Tamoil logo is ugly to begin with.

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

agreed... to both points

this discussion seems to be spilling over in an unsavoury way...
if u mean me then don't read my posts.
---)usa juventini:am not an anti usa poster.i just disagree that sport should be related to politics it's not a profesional act.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
++ [ originally posted by USA Juventini ] ++
Am I the only American here??

Just wondering, that's all.
ahoy juventino matey :D always a pleasure to welcome a fellow yank :D(im no yank i just live here :D)

well i really dont think this forum has a lot of anti-american sentiment. its like this everywhere outside the US- well...most places...

discouraging as this may be I look forward to next year's elections. the light at the end of the tunnel might very well be a train but here's to hope!

and heres to al sharpton :D

Jul 12, 2002
Well, all this anti US sentiment sort of makes me not want to post on this board.

Trust me, we're not perfect by any stretch.

Personally, I think the Tamoil logo is ugly to begin with.
Don't worry about that mate, it's nothing against Americans, it's just that some of our more left-leaning members take issue with Corporate America's "exploitation" of the poorer sections of our world. Nobody really has anything against Americans, I mean unless you are the president of Nike or something.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++

Don't worry about that mate, it's nothing against Americans, it's just that some of our more left-leaning members take issue with Corporate America's "exploitation" of the poorer sections of our world. Nobody really has anything against Americans, I mean unless you are the president of Nike or something.
ian even then we wont be anti-american :D we'd be anti commercial exploitation :D

its just that america happens to be knee deep in the soup while others just kinda dip their fingers in.

trust me if mother teresa commercially exploited anyone she'd have enemies too...

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by [LAC] ] ++
ian even then we wont be anti-american :D we'd be anti commercial exploitation :D

its just that america happens to be knee deep in the soup while others just kinda dip their fingers in.

trust me if mother teresa commercially exploited anyone she'd have enemies too...
She does (or did) have enemies, or at least one...(looks confused, wonders if he is the crazy one or if it's just everyone else)...

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
Am I the only American here??

Just wondering, that's all.
Nope....I am too.

Welcome to the forums...

and yeah, the logo is ugly! but that's not the big issue at hand ;)

Jul 12, 2002
really? like what? she had a pretty weird real name as far as i know. besides that nothing about her really bothered me...

what bones do u have to pick with her?
Just the fact that she was a Catholic missionary and to me personally, nothing could be more evil or despicable than that/

Jul 12, 2002
so what is it that you disagree with? her being catholic? being a catholic missionary?
Being a missionary, first of all, because I think that forcing your religion on others or coercing them to convert is one of the most evil things in the world. And to continue to answer your question would be offensive to many people I'm sure...

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++

Being a missionary, first of all, because I think that forcing your religion on others or coercing them to convert is one of the most evil things in the world. And to continue to answer your question would be offensive to many people I'm sure...
was she forcing?:eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)