The NHL Thread (2 Viewers)

Max

Jul 15, 2003
These NHL Outdoor Classic games are total crap. I feel like I'm watching the same game year after year and it always features the same four teams: Boston, Pittsburgh, Chicago, and Washington. The ice is garbage and the product itself is sub-par for a "showcase" game. What's the end-game here? More US viewers? Who would watch it over basketball or a bowl game?

Now that we are into 2019, who do you see as the Stanley Cup favourite? Lightning seem like the team to beat. Jets are alright. Maybe Tampa vs. Winnipeg?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
These NHL Outdoor Classic games are total crap. I feel like I'm watching the same game year after year and it always features the same four teams: Boston, Pittsburgh, Chicago, and Washington. The ice is garbage and the product itself is sub-par for a "showcase" game. What's the end-game here? More US viewers? Who would watch it over basketball or a bowl game?

Now that we are into 2019, who do you see as the Stanley Cup favourite? Lightning seem like the team to beat. Jets are alright. Maybe Tampa vs. Winnipeg?
wow Max was here.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
He went be ready for 2 years. They drafted to fill a need with a kid who isn't ready.

First off, you never, ever draft for need when you are picking at #3.

Second, he was not the best player available at #3. I could somewhat understand it if he was. However, you and I were drooling over Zadina for the past month. And with good reason.

And despite what someone on this thread was saying, he was NOT a sniper. He is a complete, 2 way. 200 ft player. You and I both knew this. Now we are supposed to be ok with, admittedly, a project at #3.

I'm sorry, but I'm not ok with that. This is not our daddy's NHL anymore. These kids are ready 5o play now.

Except this one, apparently. And why the hell did they not trade up to get Veleno?.

What the fuck.
Dude, you were way off on Zadina and Kotkaniemi. (so was I though, just not quite so angry about it :p )

Zadina plying his trade in AHL as a project. Kotkaniemi playing like a top 6 forward, while barely 18 still. His Corsi % is crazy. Amongst players with over 40 games played, 13th in the league at 57.1%

I don't know if you have been watching much, as you said you were done with the Habs, but this kid is a pleasure to watch play.

Last edited:

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Zadina had the best hands[to score] at that draft but like I said teams were not sure about his professionalism. He was out of shape during the fitness tests before the drat so that's why some teams passed on him. We desperately needed a C and I'm very happy with Kotkaniemi.
Zadina can still turn it around if he gets serious.

Love our kids. Kotkaniemi, Poehling [World Jrs player of the tournament even if he did 0 in the semis and final], Romanov[oh my!World Jrs best D], Ylonen, Suzuki, Brook, Primeau, Teasdale, Fleury, Olofsson[3rd line C until he finds some offense]m Ikonen...

Last couple of trades were sweet.

Love the coaching staff in Laval and Ducharme seems to be doing a good job as assistant here.

Last edited:

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Very special player. They were never gonna trade him. They don't even want to trade picks. lol Future looks bright for le CH.

Last edited:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Very special player. They were never gonna trade him. They don't even want to trade picks. lol Future looks bright for le CH.
If they are going to make trades, it has to be for younger guys.

- - - Updated - - -

To go from a severe lack of centers to having a potential #1 and #2, both 20 years old and younger

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
who do you go for in the summer?

Panarin or Skinner?
Do you try for Gardiner?
Let's not touch Duchene right?
Jake gardiner

- - - Updated - - -

That is the only guy I would target, and I would roll out the red carpet for him.

- - - Updated - - -

Skinner would be nice and Karlsson would be a dream, but I have to be realistic.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
That would help out Mete too by dropping him and putting him with Petry.

In a few years Romanov-Brook. DAMN!

I mentioned Panarin because we were so high on him and thought he'd sign here a few years ago but he chose Chicago. We were close to get him though.
but Claude doesn't like Russians.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)