The NHL Thread (11 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Welcome to Montreal John. :D

so you got Gionta huh? @Rollie
I'm a bit confused, but I guess they like his leadership? Maybe appreciated his Olympic experience? Oh well.

Also Wingels. Totally missed that we traded Vatrano away earlier in the week, too, Florida got him for a 3rd.

Lots of incoming bottom 6 depth. :D

Sweeney Don is tinkering around the edges, I don't mind it so much. Happy to hold on to pretty much all of the quality young talent on the team. Both Spooner and Vatrano some decent offensive ability, I think both may do better in a fresh environment.

Nash had quite a good debut, think he'll gel really quickly with Krejci. Smart players.

Tatar got a 1st 2nd and 3rd.
Tatar is a good player, but that's not a bad return at all for Detroit.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I didn't even realize that the Lightning got J.T. Miller as well.

Holy shit. And they barely even touched the depth of their prospect pool.

They have to be the favorites to come out of the Eastern conference now

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
:agree:

:lol:

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't even realize that the Lightning got J.T. Miller as well.

Holy shit. And they barely even touched the depth of their prospect pool.

They have to be the favorites to come out of the Eastern conference now
Yeah. Tampa looks so strong now. Boston and Tampa seem to be the class of the east post-trade deadline. Although I wouldn't sleep on the Penguins, especially after getting Brassard who is a postseason beast.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Off topic but GB ice hockey (24th ranked) qualified for the elite tier World Championship round after topping a group with Italy, Kazakhstan, Slovenia, Hungary and Poland.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/ice-hockey/43938114

Going to get battered at that level but it's the second massive news the sport has had in recent times in this country, after the Nottingham Panthers won the Continental Cup last season (against wealthier/better teams from nationally much stronger leagues).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)