The NHL Thread (13 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
They are going to have to give up at least their 1st round pick and Vilardi for Pac.

There is no way that they think they can give up less than that. The Kings are not about to give up anyone on their NHL roster. If they want to put someone on their top line that can actually do some damage with Kopitar, this is where the starting point of negotiations begin.

- - - Updated - - -

Montreal now has 4 picks in the 2nd round this year?

We'll find a way to screw that up

Buy on AliExpress.com

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Sergio, you thought you'd get less than what is nearly a high 2nd round pick (Boston may even finish 1st in the league), a 7th, Spooner (who is a tweener lightweight sub-par 2nd line centre that they've moved to wing on the 2nd/3rd) and a totally unproven prospect in Lindgren?

And Beleskey has been absolute crap the entire time he's been in Boston, he and Hayes were pathetic from the beginning -- Sweeney's worst acquisitions. Moving him is obviously addition by subtraction, he makes the above package worse (although maybe he'll find some minutes in your lineup; certainly wouldn't have played for the B's again).

I'd expect more for Patches, without question.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
They are going to have to give up at least their 1st round pick and Vilardi for Pac.

There is no way that they think they can give up less than that. The Kings are not about to give up anyone on their NHL roster. If they want to put someone on their top line that can actually do some damage with Kopitar, this is where the starting point of negotiations begin.

- - - Updated - - -

Montreal now has 4 picks in the 2nd round this year?

We'll find a way to screw that up
1st and top young C is acceptable for Pacioretty. If they can add a young D too then :delpiero:

These 2nd round picks can be moved to get higher in the draft or get another Shaw. :D

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Sergio, you thought you'd get less than what is nearly a high 2nd round pick (Boston may even finish 1st in the league), a 7th, Spooner (who is a tweener lightweight sub-par 2nd line centre that they've moved to wing on the 2nd/3rd) and a totally unproven prospect in Lindgren?

And Beleskey has been absolute crap the entire time he's been in Boston, he and Hayes were pathetic from the beginning -- Sweeney's worst acquisitions. Moving him is obviously addition by subtraction, he makes the above package worse (although maybe he'll find some minutes in your lineup; certainly wouldn't have played for the B's again).

I'd expect more for Patches, without question.
I had no idea what we could potentially get for Pac, considering that until the Nash trade happened, no big dominoes fell.

Now that I see what the Rangers got for Nash, considering his age and contract status, there is no doubt that the Canadiens HAVE to get more for Pacioretty.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Also some rumors that we could be a 3rd team in order to facilitate an Erik Larsson trade
yeah, take Ryan's contract + picks and a guy like Howden...

I'd prefer trading for Thomas, Steel, Jankowski, Vilardi, Borgstrom...Ek too but less than the others.

We wanted Coyle too but I think MIN said no.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
they should. They don't want a 30+ goal scorer? With a great contract? Can have him for 2 playoff pushes? Then fuck em'.
Best they can get is another Ryan Poehling type. Low end 2nd line C ceiling.

Maybe a 1st + Danault type.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
We can't get a top young Center prospect for a 29 year old winger who has another year left on his contract, and has scored 30+ goals 5 out of the past 6 seasons?

Who by the way is also extremely durable.

What kind of world are we living in

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
I had no idea what we could potentially get for Pac, considering that until the Nash trade happened, no big dominoes fell.

Now that I see what the Rangers got for Nash, considering his age and contract status, there is no doubt that the Canadiens HAVE to get more for Pacioretty.
Absolutely. Not easy to get that type of consistent scoring, and a bit of leadership, especially when you get another year at 4.5M (obviously a steal at current market).

- - - Updated - - -

Definitely going to be hard to get any type of established first line centre. Pretty much the hardest/most expensive position to fill properly.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Absolutely. Not easy to get that type of consistent scoring, and a bit of leadership, especially when you get another year at 4.5M (obviously a steal at current market).

- - - Updated - - -

Definitely going to be hard to get any type of established first line centre. Pretty much the hardest/most expensive position to fill properly.
I'm not asking for an established 1st line center, but LA's 1st round pick and Vilardi at the very least have to be in the deal.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Max has a terrible playoff record. Perimeter play and only 10G in 38GP. Was shown up big time by Radulov last year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)