The NHL Thread (10 Viewers)

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
I know it's been excruciating for you boys the past couple of seasons. So many bad decisions... very obviously bad decisions by management (especially the 2 easily mentioned ones), I know it's pretty hard to stomach.

Before this season I still considered Price the best goalie in the world (top 3 no-brainer), and any time you've got that type of foundation to build on, you can mask a lot of warts. All this chronic fatigue stuff, and whatever else he's been dealing wit, so hard to understand and so frustrating. He should have at least another 5 years of absolutely elite play in him, I expect him to rebound next year. Guy is just sabotaging my fantasy season right now, and any chance I have to 3-peat there. He's like 24th in fantasy points for goalies.

Anyway, there is always room on the Boston Bruins bandwagon for you lovely habs fans -- so come on over to the dark side. I didn't think our young guys would click this fast, but there is a ton of talent in the pipeline (as Sergio mentioned). So glad we haven't jettisoned any of the guys in the system for rentals. Whatever happens with the B's this year, it's all gravy at this point, feels like playing with house money.

Will be interesting to see if Iggy signs up for some 4th line or 13th forward duties.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Well that's better than expected! I wasn't expecting any respects. :D

At this point, I'm pretty sure Sergio is getting ready to defect. :p

In all seriousness, I'm pulling for your team to turn it around. I always want to see the great rivalry matchups mean something; love those fierce playoff games against Montreal, some of the best of my life. Been nice to see Toronto finally make solid progress, my boys back home had been dying for some quality management for like a decade.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
You mean he's ready to defecate then yeah probably. :p

them good old rivalries.

Should be fun having some with Que...I mean Seattle.

:rolleyes:
If he's been able to bring himself to watch many of the games this year... I'm pretty sure he's well past the defecation stage. :D

The Seattle situation seems so strange. Key arena is 55 years old, and they're going to pump 600M into it? But wouldn't make the necessary steps to keep the Supersonics? Just don't really see that as a hockey market. I definitely think Quebec should be ahead in that queue.

To be totally honest, if they expand again and then have a 5th lockout in 25 years or whatever... not that I've heard that is likely, but the lockouts have gotten beyond ridiculous. I haven't looked at the financial specifics in a few years, but I feel like the league is big enough as it is. Rather they relocate teams if necessary, rather than expand. Also think that both Quebec and the GTA could support second teams better than pretty much all other options.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Well that's better than expected! I wasn't expecting any respects. :D

At this point, I'm pretty sure Sergio is getting ready to defect. :p

In all seriousness, I'm pulling for your team to turn it around. I always want to see the great rivalry matchups mean something; love those fierce playoff games against Montreal, some of the best of my life. Been nice to see Toronto finally make solid progress, my boys back home had been dying for some quality management for like a decade.
You're retarded.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
:(

I'd join Crosby Penguins bandwagon long before even considering touching Beantown fandom with a ten foot pole. :p

- - - Updated - - -

:lol2:

Mark pointed out his mistake and he respectfully spoke about your bowel movements instead. Give the man a break.

- - - Updated - - -

Why is there no Bettman gif?
nobody here knows who the hell he is.

about the Cup, with the obvious contenders like TB, NAS...let's watch what the Jets do this year.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
nobody here knows who the hell he is.

about the Cup, with the obvious contenders like TB, NAS...let's watch what the Jets do this year.
It would be kind of funny if Las Vegas won the cup. NHL salary cap driven parity has gotten to the point where an expansion team could be considered a Cup favourite. :facepalm:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)