The NHL Thread (6 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
he had to go and the deal with EDM would have been great.
No he didn't have to go. Stop making him out to be the scapegoat.

Look at who we have for a "captain". As mentally weak as a captain can get.

And if he did "have to go", this was the best we could get? A soon to be 32 year old defenseman whose production has been declining (I told you this when the trade was made), with a contract that pays him until he's 40. This was the BEST we could do. And guess who came up small again in the playoffs. That's right. Shea Weber.

He had to go :howler: Why, because he was a colorful character, whose extremely charitable off the ice endeavors actually made the Canadiens organization jealous? (Oh yeah, I read about the whispers about how the Candiens were upset about the whole atrium thing at the Children's Hospital because PK didn't involve the club)

And there is a reason why that EDM trade didn't get done, and this is something that you and the rest of the Bergevin can-do-no-wrong brigade can chew on. If the club didn't make it perfectly clear that they were trying to trade arguably the best player on the team not named Carey Price, if they weren't sop public about it, then maybe we could have gotten a better deal than Shea fucking Weber

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
No he didn't have to go. Stop making him out to be the scapegoat.

Look at who we have for a "captain". As mentally weak as a captain can get.

And if he did "have to go", this was the best we could get? A soon to be 32 year old defenseman whose production has been declining (I told you this when the trade was made), with a contract that pays him until he's 40. This was the BEST we could do. And guess who came up small again in the playoffs. That's right. Shea Weber.

He had to go :howler: Why, because he was a colorful character, whose extremely charitable off the ice endeavors actually made the Canadiens organization jealous? (Oh yeah, I read about the whispers about how the Candiens were upset about the whole atrium thing at the Children's Hospital because PK didn't involve the club)

And there is a reason why that EDM trade didn't get done, and this is something that you and the rest of the Bergevin can-do-no-wrong brigade can chew on. If the club didn't make it perfectly clear that they were trying to trade arguably the best player on the team not named Carey Price, if they weren't sop public about it, then maybe we could have gotten a better deal than Shea fucking Weber
either he or 18 other guys had to go. always easier to trade one guy. Now get a better deal and there would be less people complaining except for some fanboys/girls.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
What do you think Julien could have done with PK Subban instead of Therrien?

Therrien is the ONLY reason why PK got traded. No other reason than that.

- - - Updated - - -

either he or 18 other guys had to go. always easier to trade one guy.
So you trade the best guy. That makes a lot of sense. And would it really have been a disaster to trade the other 18? And let's consider the FACT that 1/3rd of the roster was turned over once PK was traded. 1/3rd of a roster that never even played with him.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
either he or 18 other guys had to go. always easier to trade one guy. Now get a better deal and there would be less people complaining except for some fanboys/girls.
So you are basically just admitting that they gave an all-star defenseman away.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
What do you think Julien could have done with PK Subban instead of Therrien?

Therrien is the ONLY reason why PK got traded. No other reason than that.

- - - Updated - - -

So you trade the best guy. That makes a lot of sense. And would it really have been a disaster to trade the other 18? And let's consider the FACT that 1/3rd of the roster was turned over once PK was traded. 1/3rd of a roster that never even played with him.
I would of went for a 1st C and and guy not as good as Weber.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
we also traded Roy. If you get a good return nobody would be blamed.
Yes, I am well aware that we traded Roy. And guess who was responsible for that? A hard headed coach who ended getting fired anyway. Sound familiar? Or is it OK to leave your goalie and the cornerstone out there on the ice in the middle of a 7-1 drubbing

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
And yet they couldn't get that, because Montreal wanted him out so badly.
he had a no trade clause kicking in July 1st of last year. Marc just had a hard on for Weber and got him. I always said we needed offense.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, I am well aware that we traded Roy. And guess who was responsible for that? A hard headed coach who ended getting fired anyway. Sound familiar? Or is it OK to leave your goalie and the cornerstone out there on the ice in the middle of a 7-1 drubbing
Savard would have traded him too and got a better package.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Oh, so maybe the guys that turned on him should have been traded? Like who? Who exactly turned on him, that you have proof of?

Pacioretty? :lol: Who gives a fuck if that pussy doesn't like you anymore.
like 3/4 of the team. Many sources mentioned it and one is a PK buddy. Laraque.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)