The NHL Thread (13 Viewers)

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #7,522
    Carlo Colaiacovo plays one game and gets injured. Shocker. Ian White will still be out as well. This is going to be one tough season, that's for sure.

We'll have to eventually trade for a top defenseman.

But I have to say, this Brunner kid has impressed me thus far. Very slick player with good hands and pace. Great find.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
    Jan 16, 2011
    0-2 huh?

geez Oates won't last long. What's up with Ovie? Backstrom?...
    I hope he gets sacked after this game. I've only been following hockey for three seasons, but I haven't seen such an incoherent team defensively and such a toothless team offensively. I know that the Caps aren't a top team, too many players who bring nothing but energy to the table for that to be a reality. But we're not a bottom team either.

I don't know whats up with Ovie, looks like aliens sucked his mojo ala space jam. He's had rough patchs in form before, but he isn't even forechecking like he used to anymore. 40 min played not one proper hit from him :s

I don't know the back ground story, but why isn't Bruce Boudreau coaching the team anymore? From the statistics it seems like the players delivered under him, Hunter and Oates are just catastrophic.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
    Sep 21, 2008
    I hope he gets sacked after this game. I've only been following hockey for three seasons, but I haven't seen such an incoherent team defensively and such a toothless team offensively. I know that the Caps aren't a top team, too many players who bring nothing but energy to the table for that to be a reality. But we're not a bottom team either.

I don't know whats up with Ovie, looks like aliens sucked his mojo ala space jam.

I don't know the back ground story, but why isn't Bruce Boudreau coaching the team anymore? From the statistics it seems like the players delivered under him, Hunter and Oates are just catastrophic.
    The problem really was that Halak beat them in the playoffs that year. Boudreau was always an extremely offensive coach and they were rolling under him. They were a monster team the year the Habs beat them. They simply lost to a hot goalie. What do they do?

Try to change the entire identity of the team because they thought run n gun would never work in the playoffs. They thought they got bounced because they were too offensive. They tried to play sound, defensive hockey with a bunch of cowboys. Didn't work.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
    Jan 16, 2011
    I don't know what it is, but this sure as fuck wasn't what I signed up for when i gloryhunted Ovie to the Caps :D

- - - Updated - - -

Trade Ovie. Not kidding.

He had Humpty Dumpty man fired. :D
    if humpty dumpty means Bodreau, I don't understand why? He had his 65 goal season under him?

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
    Please take Jacques Martin. Please!

:D

Well, he'd help your defensive problems but Ovie won't be happy.

Not a lot of good candidates. Marc Crawford? Ron Wilson?...

Keep Oates. :D

- - - Updated - - -

ok, PK for Ovie and Carlson. Deal? :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)