The next test: Serbia&Montenegro - Italy (1 Viewer)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
Camoranesi definitely a better performance than against Wales, did some nice things but has to find pace from somewhere to be right at the top 6
Didn't Camo have a blinder against Wales!? I thought he was one of the best in the match alongside Zambro and DP ! :confused:

++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
JuveTrueChamps wow that is really pessimistic. An away draw to Serbia is quite good, especially since 8 minutes from the end we were on the lead in a country in which we have not won since 1939.

Italy has enough champions to do well ;)
I hardly think that not winning against a country for 64 years justifies 1-1 a good result in an important match...:down: If anything, not being able to beat relative minnows for that amount of time just isn't good enough...And giving up the lead 8 minutes from the end really doesn't say much for a team :rolleyes: All this apart from the fact that Italy should have mauled a country which is hardly a footballing superpower...*sigh*

Buy on AliExpress.com

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
What I've realised in this forum and football fans in general is that they don't see the difference between playing home and away matches. They think that's its all the same, 'we won against Wales 4-0 then we would easily beat S&M', without really giving much attention to the venue being played in. It doesn't make much difference between club and international level, but playing away from your 'home' is much more difficult than playing in your stadium which you are very accustomed to. Arsenal were famous for winning all home matches but never winning an away match in Europe for a period of around 2 years !! Imagine yourself a student doing a test in your school and then suddenly were asked travel a long distance and do the same test in a different school with totally different surroundings, your bound to do better in the test taken in your school because you are more comfortable there. Not to mention that in football terms, opposing fans also come into the equation and make alot of difference as they stimulate your opposing players and try to give you a hard time.

I also noticed another thing - unrealistic expectations. After the Wales match the team was praised and was suddenly favourites to win Euro2004 itself in Portugal (next summer). And after 3 days - after the match against S&M - Italy are now not good enough and couldn't possibly achieve that task !!

Anyway, about the match itself I think it's a good result for an 'away' match being played in a very difficult place like Belgrade. We nearly won it but the lack of concentration towards the end totally cost us. It was clear that Del Piero, Vieri, and Zambrotta were tired from the Wales match as they put alot of effort in that match. Our defensive midfield pair (Perrota+Tacchi) also disappointed and were to blame for the somehow shaky performance last night. We can't say that the players didn't give their best, because it was clear that they were playing with heart and were battling for every ball. The Wales-Finland result concluded to our favour, and now we only need to beat Azerbaijan in Reggio Calabria to go to Portugal. Much better than playing Turkey away (England) or even playing in dangerous play-offs (Holland) !!

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
come on.. i think people have a right to feel upset with performance... i am not talking about results here... just like you i think Belgrade was never an easer place to play footbal.. but the italians dont play football out there last night.. there just like praying for their lives.. i would be satisfied with a 1-1 draw at belgrade if we have like at least 4-5 shots on target...

and i quite agree that the source of our problem was the center of midfield.. tachhi and perota hardly recover any balls.. the just wait for the serbs to come at them.. we became to concetrated on the flanks and that became very pridectable with dp's lack of width...although he might be the better players among the rather messed up italians.. but i think we need someone to pull the strings in the center so that we can have extra dimensions.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++

Imagine yourself a student doing a test in your school and then suddenly were asked travel a long distance and do the same test in a different school with totally different surroundings, your bound to do better in the test taken in your school because you are more comfortable there.
It's not like you have a crowd of people booing you if you go to another school to do your test :rolleyes::D. I see your point, I'm just playin with ya :p

I also noticed another thing - unrealistic expectations. After the Wales match the team was praised and was suddenly favourites to win Euro2004 itself in Portugal (next summer). And after 3 days - after the match against S&M - Italy are now not good enough and couldn't possibly achieve that task !!
They keys to winning a tournament are consistency and ability to perform when it matters... now this game was pretty important, because it would've guaranteed qualification, but the fact that they couldn't beat S&M (away or home, it shouldn't matter) hardly makes u feel confident about them facing a team like France in the final (don't even talk about WC2002 :wallbang:)

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
this game was pretty important, because it would've guaranteed qualification, but the fact that they couldn't beat S&M (away or home, it shouldn't matter) hardly makes u feel confident about them facing a team like France in the final (don't even talk about WC2002 :wallbang: )
Yup, this is what i think too. :scared:

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #267
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

me too :wallbang:
    What's wrong with this stupid Fantasy League? The second matchday is still two days away and you can't even change players for matchday three! :(

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++
    Imagine yourself a student doing a test in your school and then suddenly were asked travel a long distance and do the same test in a different school with totally different surroundings, your bound to do better in the test taken in your school because you are more comfortable there.

not really...in both cases i'll still probably fail...

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++

What's wrong with this stupid Fantasy League? The second matchday is still two days away and you can't even change players for matchday three! :(
    It's actually been like that for like... 2 weeks

++ [ originally posted by G_O_A_T ] ++
    Ahem, I told you not to chose before the deadline.

*sings* I told you so, I told you so, I told, I told, I told you so :p

:D
    What were we supposed to do? Choose after the deadline!? Either way, u had to choose ur players ages ago, so u would've been stuck with whatever u chose back then

Roman, the fantasy leagues are:

http://uk.premiership.fantasysports.yahoo.com - England
    http://uk.seriea.fantasysports.yahoo.com - Italy
    http://uk.superliga.fantasysports.yahoo.com - Spain

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
    Apr 19, 2003
    Tnx Gray,actually the English one i'm playing at BBC SPORTS,there are super prizes,like tickets to the euro2004 and stuff...thanx for the Italian...;)

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++

Tachinardi I am sorry to report but he was poor, he as i keep saying way to cumbersome, no pace and does not seem to give his all for the cause, there was one incident where Serbia were attacking and he just watched as they went into the box and then while others threw thier bodies at shots, the ball came to him at the edge of 18th, only for him to lazily give the ball back to opponent , for the azzurri give me Perotta and Zanetti anytime, aty leats they don't pretend that they are incredibly gifted but just give their all 5
    Couldn't agree more, For me he was the worst on the field, i wonder why didn't trap take him off. he and the 2 full back are to be blamed for the bad performance.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
    Apr 19, 2003
    OMG!why the deadline is so early there?!i can only add a team for the 4th week,while there really wasn't played even the 2nd!:eek:

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    Aragorn - I think between us two you are the biased one as you can never admit he plays bad games, but I do say he plays good games and award him man of the match awards ;)

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
    You have never awarded him Man of the match award before not in this life. and you are the baised one, you are always criticising him, but for me I praise him only when he plays a good match. Hope you see the difference ;)

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    :rolleyes: Just shows how much you read posts. If you had really read what I said you would have seen me saying he was MoM in mathces he deserved to be. So please **** off and stop provoking ;)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
    :rolleyes: Just shows how much you read posts. If you had really read what I said you would have seen me saying he was MoM in mathces he deserved to be. So please **** off and stop provoking ;)
    Now, children. Let's all settle down and be friends

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)