The next test: Serbia&Montenegro - Italy (2 Viewers)

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
Defeat changed us says Alex

--------------------------------------------

Alessandro Del Piero believes that the World Cup defeat to South Korea has revolutionised the face of Italian football.

"All of the Italian calcio movement changed from that moment," said the Juventus captain. "It was then that sides decided to make the most of their strengths."

There is renewed optimism around the national side after the 4-0 destruction of Wales on Saturday which was achieved in some style.

"Let’s say that the friction within the squad that was present at the World Cup has been eradicated," added the No 10.

"Certain things have been sorted out thanks to the requests of some players and others from Trapattoni. Even if our recent good results have evidently helped.

"The national team now knows how to express itself in a way that doesn’t fit in with the tradition of past Azzurri sides."

Italy now lead Wales in Group 9 by a point but they will need a win in Belgrade against Serbia & Montenegro on Wednesday to maintain their leadership.

"Sides from the former Yugoslavia should be feared," he added. "Especially when they seem to have nothing to play for."

Buy on AliExpress.com

s0ftcore

Jul 13, 2002
Hey great pics Alyazia!

My prediction is either a small-margin victory over S/M or a draw if we're unlucky.

BTW, why is Canna captain and not Nesta? I don't mind who captains Italy, but just curious.

And does anybody feel if Zanetti and Perrota deserve to play for NT? I've never seen them play together, but Zanetti was shiat at the WC, IMO.

Would be nice if Gattuso and Tach played together :) :cool:

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #43
    In Italy there is a tradition that the most experienced player in the squadra is given the captain's armband, and because Cannavaro has the most caps out of all the people in the squadra he is the captain, and Del Piero who has the second most caps is the vice-captain.

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #44
    Anyways, I reckon that Italy will cruise through this clash with a scoreline of 2 or 3-0. The only change that should be made in Trap's line-up should be the inclusion of Oddo at the expense of Panucci.

My starting line-up:

Buffon
    Oddo Nesta Cannavaro Zambrotta
    Camoranesi Zanetti Perrotta Del Piero
    Inzaghi Vieri

Likely substitutions:

- Fiore for Camoranesi
    - Delvecchio for Del Piero
    - Corradi for Vieri or Gattuso for Zanetti/Perrotta

Fiore has been doing well lately and deserves a chance IMO, while Camo and DP should be rested for Juve's game against Chievo and the CL meeting with Galatasary.

Prediction:

Del Piero and Camoranesi will boss around the midfield and supply the strikers with plenty of assists, but this time it will be Vieri who bags the goals.

@ HT: S&M 0-2 Italy
    @ FT: S&M 0-3 Italy
    Scorers: Del Piero, Vieri, Vieri

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Alyazia ] ++
    Ale we wanna see more from ya on wed.!!!;)
    Nice pic, he looks very philosophical... I wonder what he's thinking...

"hmmm how many goals should I score against S&M? 2 or 3? Oh, the dilemmas of a professional footballer"

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++
    Anyways, I reckon that Italy will cruise through this clash with a scoreline of 2 or 3-0. The only change that should be made in Trap's line-up should be the inclusion of Oddo at the expense of Panucci.

My starting line-up:

Buffon
    Inzaghi Vieri

Likely substitutions:

- Fiore for Camoranesi

Fiore has been doing well lately and deserves a chance IMO, while Camo and DP should be rested for Juve's game against Chievo and the CL meeting with Galatasary.

Prediction:

Del Piero and Camoranesi will boss around the midfield and supply the strikers with plenty of assists, but this time it will be Vieri who bags the goals.

:LOL: Mate I love how you post your preview match results as if they've already happened... confidence :D

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
    In Italy there is a tradition that the most experienced player in the squadra is given the captain's armband, and because Cannavaro has the most caps out of all the people in the squadra he is the captain, and Del Piero who has the second most caps is the vice-captain.
    NO WAY!!! I hope canna gets injured and cant play for euro, so DP can captain the team to GLORY and hold up the cup WITH PRIDE!!!! but then again thats my imagination so dont worry. ;)

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by PersianMafia ] ++

NO WAY!!! I hope canna gets injured and cant play for euro, so DP can captain the team to GLORY and hold up the cup WITH PRIDE!!!! but then again thats my imagination so dont worry. ;)

yeah .. i almost hoped bad things happen to cannavaro too :wallbang: ... but of course if hes out legro will step in ....

Alyazia

Jul 1, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by s0ftcore ] ++
    Hey great pics Alyazia!

My prediction is either a small-margin victory over S/M or a draw if we're unlucky.

BTW, why is Canna captain and not Nesta? I don't mind who captains Italy, but just curious.

And does anybody feel if Zanetti and Perrota deserve to play for NT? I've never seen them play together, but Zanetti was shiat at the WC, IMO.

Would be nice if Gattuso and Tach played together :) :cool:
    :thumb:
    ya it looks like the match will end as 3-1 or 2-0 for Italy..!!*hope so*
    well i think that Gattuso & Tacchinardi r much better players than Zanetti & Perrota but Tacchi probably wont play cuz of his fitness probs & trap doesnt have any excuse of not playing Gattuso..

Alyazia

Jul 1, 2003

My starting line-up:

Buffon
    Inzaghi Vieri

Likely substitutions:

- Fiore for Camoranesi

Prediction:

ur match preview is 2 thumbs up

:thumb::thumb:
    but dont u think that Trap should play Gattuso in the starting line-up??

Alyazia

Jul 1, 2003

r u nuts man!!! *i know ur kiddin*
    we want our captain 2 stay healthy for many many upcoming years...just like Maldini...anyways i like ur imagination!!

Apr 14, 2003

I can't believe that some people say this thing about Cannavaro. This guy had put his whole heart for the Azzurri !

Even DP definitely does not want Canna gets injured.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    If Italy is to win the Euro 2004, then we cannot hope for ouropponents' players to get injured. Buffon, Cannavaro, Nesta, Zambrotta, Totti and Vieri are too important and probably irreplacable.

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
    Where is Del Piero from this list of yours ;)

all players are Indispensable to the Azzurri we can't afford losing anyone of them, even if we had a good back up for him IMHO.

s0ftcore

Jul 13, 2002
    We could do without Panucci. And also Materazzi if he's been called up. My wishlist is to see Tacch and Gattuso in the centre of Italy's midfield.

It would be like Tacch and Davids, except that Gattuso is less accomplished IMO. However, Tacch has a habit of being unable to perform in big games on certain occasions, so... :(

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    I think Zanetti and Perotta did a very good job in these last games so let them be :)

DP is not in the list becausethe other players are more indispensable than him ;)

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
    You will never change, now will you ?? ;)

Without Del Piero in Wales match we would have lost, The Irony here is that we crushed Wales without Totti, and if he was there, i doubt we would won by such score IMHO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)