The next test: Serbia&Montenegro - Italy (1 Viewer)

*aca*

Jul 15, 2002
We left it too late......

Serbia has to win and hope that wales draw with Finland...:confused::( Thats a low point for Serbian soccer.

Except for the last game (against wales) Stankovic performances for the National team were rather weak. I tend to think that was mainly due to bad coaching and tactics imployed. Mihajlovic will be missed. Regardless of his short nerves he's the captain of the team.

Yugoslavia will pin it's hopes on organised game and waiting for an error. I cant see it other way. And hope that Kezman will finaly do for the NT what he does for his team.....

With an odd good showing by Serbs, Italy will, hopefully, have hard time....

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Defensive role suits Zambrotta Monday 8 September, 2003

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gianluca Zambrotta believes that he is well suited to the left-back role in which he is now being used for club and country.

"This is the right position for me," said the former right winger. "I have the whole pitch ahead of me.

"When I played in midfield I would usually receive the ball with my back to goal. But this way I can make real use of my speed and power."

The former Bari ace was transformed into a full-back last season by Juventus boss Marcello Lippi.

With Mauro Camoranesi excelling on the right of midfield, Lippi moved Zambrotta back as Gianluca Pessotto was still recovering from a knee ligament injury.

His form was so impressive that he was quickly played in that role by Italy and he was magnificent in the 4-0 win over Wales on Saturday.

"I would say that I am more of an attacking full-back," he added. "But that is to be expected as I’ve played further up the pitch for so many years.

"Now I just want to keep winning with Italy and we are all desperate to reach the Euro 2004 Finals.

"I think we showed that in the victory against the Welsh at the San Siro. It’s just a shame we didn’t play like that at the World Cup Finals."

Meanwhile, teammate Alessio Tacchinardi has returned to training with the Italian squad on Monday.

The Juventus midfielder missed the Wales game with a muscle strain but should be available for selection on Wednesday against Serbia & Montenegro.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)