The Neverending Story-Cassano to Juve (286 Viewers)

Do you want to see Cassano at Juve?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
its obvious that someone has to be sold to accomodate cassano.my money would be on mutu as i really dont see del piero being sold.no matter how much capello praises mutu,he will be the one who will be sacrificed imo.

Sep 28, 2002
Stuart said:
Capello may have praised Mutu but I for one believe that if he really rated the Romanian he would be a first team regular by now. He has been played out of position because that's what the coach has needed from him and his form has been good but yet Nedved starts ahead of him more often than not.
dont think that would be the case next season.

d.nico

Apr 23, 2003
axlrose85 said:
its obvious that someone has to be sold to accomodate cassano.my money would be on mutu as i really dont see del piero being sold.no matter how much capello praises mutu,he will be the one who will be sacrificed imo.
:agree: i think so...

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
axlrose85 said:
There are a number of possibilities with regard to our mercato transactions in January or the summer. Mutu, could be sacrificed, but then again, such a move would defy logic. With a hard nosed tactician like Capello, I dont see any room for favour as far as Del Piero is concerned. Cassano if he does come, like Ive said before comes as the heir to the throne which is currently Del Piero's. Fact is, Del Piero could well have moved to Milan in last season's market, but Juve chose to hold on and let him break the record that he so truly deserves. Having said that, now as the situation plays itself out, I dont see how or why Adrian Mutu should be sacrificed to accomodate Antonio Cassano. The former is on a shoe string salary, as talented as both the other players in question, and quite frankly more versatile than either. Moreover, Del Piero at his age, isnt getting any younger and certainly doesnt have the standard in him - not for more than a season or two at the most. Therefore sacrificing Mutu instead of Del Piero could be a mistake that could hurt us. Think about it, what happens when Del Piero is gone two seasons from now? And what if Cassano doesn't turn out to be what we hoped for? We would've lost the answer to both those questions.

serfaraaz

Apr 14, 2005
come on baggio look at man utd they made the biggest risk by signing rooney for 30 million pounds and their risk paid off i think rooney has been the creative genius of the team i think cassano can do the same for us i know he has not played well last season but i think capello will get best out of him

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
The only difference between Manchester United and Juventus is, Manchester United needed a creative genius. Juventus dont. They already have them in the form of Zlatan, Del Piero and Adrian Mutu. I continue to be against Antonio Cassano's arrival at the expense of Mutu - whose economically more viable, as mature as Del Piero and just about as young as Cassano. The move doesnt make sense, even less when you take into consideration Cassano will be free at the end of the season.

KroniK

X32 IARO
May 20, 2005
Juve saved me, says Mutu Wednesday 21 December, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adrian Mutu has thanked Juventus for giving him a chance to resurrect his career after his difficulties at Chelsea.

The Romanian was sensationally sacked by the Premiership giants last year following a positive drugs test.

But the attacker was handed a life-line by the Italian champions who swooped for his services in January.

"I have greatly matured," he told channel4.com’s Football Italia. "I understood that my life needs to be set in a city like Turin and in a great team such as Juventus.

"They are a mad club. You feel protected and are therefore allowed to concentrate on only winning.

"I have shown the whole world and especially myself that I have real character, that I am not spoilt but that I’m a man who made a mistake and understood my errors."

First team chances have been difficult to come by though in Turin and Mutu, who was banned for eight months, has even been fielded out of position at times.

Yet the former Inter and Parma sensation insists that he is ready to make any sacrifices necessary in order to be of use at the Delle Alpi.

"Coach Fabio Capello has given and gives me a lot, that is why I am more than happy to play on the wing – a position which isn’t mine," he said.

Mutu’s lack of service has inevitably seen him associated with a move to Fiorentina, where he could link up with former boss Cesare Prandelli again.

But the forward insists his future is black and white. "I salute Prandelli and compliment him on his success, but I am more than happy at Juve," he stated.

MUTU RULZ!!!!!!! He really loves being with us :D and Cassano is nothing but a mercenary... dunno about u but i prefer to keep mutu and let cassano rot in real and it's not like i hate antonio at all don't get me wrong! i love his football skills but i dispise him as a person ;)

serfaraaz

Apr 14, 2005
how long we can rely on zlatan when trez gets injured some one will have to start setuping assists for zlatan i think cassano is the best player to do that cassano is young and can serve us well and mutu can be keep as a substitute player because i think zalayeta will be loaned nedved will be 33 and i dont know how long he will play for juve and dp has been harshly treated by capello i dont think capello will ever play him unless one forward gets injured

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
I think Mutu is more valuable than many of you make him out to be. Quite honestly I do rate Mutu above Cassano. We have never seen Mutu in his position as he has always been played out of position but yet he has done very well IMO.

I dont see the reason why we need Cassano, especially if you're talkin about a January transfer. On a free, then I say why not, but like baggio said the throne must be vacant for a successor to arise. Although I'd still much rather have Mutu or Zlatan take over from DP.

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
if Cassano leaves to RM, really i will feel bad, i love this guy a lot and am dreaming every day that he will be with us one day ....i don't forget that almost all our officials and players like Buffon,Zamro,Emo,Canna, Neddy,Camo...all of them welcome his arrival....but now his coming to juve seems far away....and Mr.Cap don't think of him .....offfffffff....i feel depressed... what is the problem if we play with Cassano - Zlatan - Treze up front? some of u said Cap uses only 442..but he used 433 and 4312........ohhhh..god i will be depressed tooo much if he didn't come to Juve....

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
Cassano is not coming to Juve just for three reasons:

1- we dont need him. We dont have space in the forwards roles.
2- We will not enrole another big salary player right now.
3- We dont need another cocky bastard to undermine the discipline we always keep in the pitch...with Zlatan is enough.

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
We need a young small and good forward after Del Piero. Since Capello doesnt play Mutu as a striker, but a midfielder...

Temimi

Don-Fabio
Dec 21, 2005
I dont think that he will fit in Juventus squad we have trezeguet which is the idol striker and ibrahimovic the promising forward :S where should we put cassano

zizoufan

Z.Z T h e M a s t e r
May 25, 2004
serfaraaz said:
how long we can rely on zlatan when trez gets injured some one will have to start setuping assists for zlatan i think cassano is the best player to do that cassano is young and can serve us well and mutu can be keep as a substitute player because i think zalayeta will be loaned nedved will be 33 and i dont know how long he will play for juve and dp has been harshly treated by capello i dont think capello will ever play him unless one forward gets injured
well i'm agree 100% becoz in theory we have , and this is right, 5 forwards but in case of injury we'll lose a lot of punch in front so we'll need someone to replace him ( I'm talking about every forward ) . i think cassano is the right sub for this player ! ( juventus is the right place for him)

Now we can loan zalayeta ( although I love this magnificant player) and get cassano !

If no, it's not the end of the world :p and i think that the triade knows better than us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 286)