The Neverending Story-Cassano to Juve (52 Viewers)

Do you want to see Cassano at Juve?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Juve_Kosova

★ ★ ★
May 4, 2004
Seven said:
a) Don't be too sure about Cassano being more skilled than Trezeguet. Sure he's more technically gifted, but we all know Trezeguet just might be the best finisher in the world. When we have Mutu, Del Piero and Zlatan at our disposal someone like that is more needed than Cassano.

b) Cassano's temper is something we need to include in the deal as well. Especially when we already have someone like Zlatan in our squad. We might be just able to handle one, but I'm afraid two will be too much. Cassano and Zlatan will disrupt our team harmony.

c) We'll never have Mutu, Del Piero, Zlatan and Cassano in the same squad. What are you going to do with four support strikers who are all world class? Three of those would be benched. Imagine Zlatan or Cassano being benched most of the time. It's not going to do us any good.

d) Following point c) it's logical that Del Piero would have to go. Replacing an icon like him won't be easy and quite frankly could cost us a lot of fans. At this point in time I hardly think we're ready for this changeover and I do believe Del Piero still has a part to play in our future.
I like this post..

a) Yes Trez is one of the BEST finishers in the WORLD..

b) it wont be easy with to players like that, but as soon as Cassano gets away from roma and the bad harmony over there, he will be a good boy..

c) now this is where i say, true that we dont have space for so many worldclass players.. and thats why im sure that Mutu will be the one leaving if Cassano joins, so no problem there as we would prob be playing with 3 attackers... Even if i really like Mutu :frown:

d) agree 100%.. we should not let ale leave...

Buy on AliExpress.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Juve_Kosova said:
I like this post..

a) Yes Trez is one of the BEST finishers in the WORLD..

b) it wont be easy with to players like that, but as soon as Cassano gets away from roma and the bad harmony over there, he will be a good boy..

c) now this is where i say, true that we dont have space for so many worldclass players.. and thats why im sure that Mutu will be the one leaving if Cassano joins, so no problem there as we would prob be playing with 3 attackers... Even if i really like Mutu :frown:

d) agree 100%.. we should not let ale leave...
But why would Mutu be the one to go? If anyone has to leave the odds are against Del Piero and not against Mutu.

arc

Mar 11, 2004
wht abt sending crapello to real madrid?! wht the hell we need cassano? yes he is a great player, but if we get him, we have to compensate a lot for him, all our forwards are worldclass, and mutu is starting to shine

even cassano for free might not be a good idea coz he will demand hell large amount of wages, we can get sb else with those money, we aint fvckin inter, rmb

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
well, selling trez would be the biggest mistake ever......his our only finisher, his one of those players who can score in any situation...he can score when he starts, or when he comes in as a sub....if we would want to get some money, and i am sure, trez would give us big money....then we would have to find a replacement for him....cassano isnt a first class finisher......if we have players like ibra, dp and mutu, then we dont need cassano......

But what is worryng me, is that we have some important players who are getting old.....for example...nedved.....he said already himself last season if he gets some big injures he will quit playing.....one thing, i dont think we should sell him....but its hard to say how much he deservs starting place.....as we know, he has those injureproblems sometimes......

I have a feeling that as long as capello is here, nedved will keep playing as a starter.....

I dont watch roma games, so i cant comment what posetion cassano plays the best.....some already say that he will be playing in nedved position....but then others say its gona be mutu.....

well, it looks like, we have too many players in our squad......maybe after world cup, dp and nedved quit their football careers? maybe not.....

And i dont want to see mutu kicked out of our team.....and i dont say it because of last nights goal.....i have said it before.....talented player who can play in differant posetions, i hope juve keeps him..........

The problem with cassano is also his attitude......i know some say, capello will take care of that problem....but well......it looks like, he hasnt done that with Ibrahimovic.....although he says that to media....

I dont know, how much capello likes cassano, but if he likes him....then we might have two bad tempered playes in our first team squad.....and lot of red cards might come out of ref pocket.........

---
Even if we sell zalayeta and get cassano, its too much....then we would have trez, mutu, del piero, ibra and cassano....and who will start and who not? Definetly quality list, but isnt it too much.........

----

Only solution might be, that capello comes out with somekind of new tactic, a la
ibra--trez
--cassano--

or something like

ibra-trez-mutu
--cassano--

----
I just dont understand who will get a starting place and who not if cassano comes......
i dont think juve will sell nedved......and i doubt dp either....

----
It would be nice, if someone would put here a nice lineup, if cassano comes and only zalayeta leaves......

--
And one thing more......seeying that balzaretti last night, made me think who needs cassano to replace nedved.....

---
But lets say, emerson leaves juve and goes to real, well, there has been news with emerson linked to real.....lets say emerson leaves and zala leaves in summer, cassano comes.....who might replace emerson???? Or what our lineup could look then......

Buffonisgod

7-1-3 where you at?
Apr 12, 2004
If we can sell Mutu to whomever for around 5 mill pounds, we make a profit in a Cassano-Mutu exchange, while receiving the better player.

3 mill is an f-ing bargain. It would make sense to whine about this if we paid 15 mill pounds, but we are getting a world-class talent at age 24. Deals like this do not come often. He's also an Italian player to boot.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Cassano better player? He scores an average of 5 goals per year. Mutu was top scorer of serie A not too long ago. Cassano wants 5m+ € per year while Mutu only gets 1.......the list goes on and on......

but I respect your opinions.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Buffonisgod said:
If we can sell Mutu to whomever for around 5 mill pounds, we make a profit in a Cassano-Mutu exchange, while receiving the better player.
:rofl2: You have to be joking.....what did you drink just before comment.....

Buffonisgod

7-1-3 where you at?
Apr 12, 2004
mark77 said:
Cassano better player? He scores an average of 5 goals per year. Mutu was top scorer of serie A not too long ago. Cassano wants 5m+ € per year while Mutu only gets 1.......the list goes on and on......

but I respect your opinions.
Mutu will never be leading scorer of Serie A for Juve, which is all that matters. Fair or not, Capello won't play him enough to do much for us, ever.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Eaglesnake_1 said:
But it would be better if we invest our money and time in bringing players that we really need...like some one to replace Nedved, another real good center back or left back, etc.

Thats just the thing, we wouldnt be spending much miney. If the sum was 20 or 30 mil € I'd agree with you, but to pass him up when you can get him for free or for 5 mil € would be ludacris.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Buffonisgod said:
Mutu will never be leading scorer of Serie A for Juve, which is all that matters. Fair or not, Capello won't play him enough to do much for us, ever.
That's still not justification for wasting money on Cassano.

Buffonisgod

7-1-3 where you at?
Apr 12, 2004
What Zlatan said...

Please tell me what world-class central defender or attacking midfielder could we sign for 5 mill euros? If you can name me one, then I might agree with you.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Zlatan said:
Thats just the thing, we wouldnt be spending much miney. If the sum was 20 or 30 mil € I'd agree with you, but to pass him up when you can get him for free or for 5 mil € would be ludacris.
Why?

Buffonisgod

7-1-3 where you at?
Apr 12, 2004
RochemBeck said:
That's still not justification for wasting money on Cassano.
I don't consider 5 mill euros "wasting" money. I consider it making a very wise investment that has a much higher ceiling than bottom.

We are buying a BMW that is on 80-85% discount while having a full garage. Would you turn down the BMW just because you'd have to occasionally park it outside?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 52)