The Neverending Story-Cassano to Juve (99 Viewers)

Do you want to see Cassano at Juve?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I think a lot of you people are looking at the short term when you say we dont need him. Think about it though. We dont need him right now, that is a fair analogy. But we shouldnt forget Del Piero isnt going to be getting any younger. Sure he's on fine form, but that doesnt mean he's got a future any longer than what is expected of a striker. I'm afraid he'll have to be replaced by Antonio in the summer even though I'd like him to stay and end his career here. The implications are tremendous. Not only, will we be getting Cassano as cheap as possible, if not free, but we'll be making sure nobody else signs him. And in doing so also get a long term solution to Del Piero whether we like it or not.

Buy on AliExpress.com

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
ROMA, 15 settembre 2005 - Semaforo rosso, più che giallorosso, per Antonio Cassano. "A Cassano abbiamo fatto una proposta e non abbiamo ottenuto risposta. Per me, Rosella Sensi, la trattativa è chiusa". Il rinnovo del contratto dell'attaccante pugliese con la Roma diventa un'utopia.
La società è irremovibile, dopo che l'ex Bari ha rifiutato l'offerta di 16 milioni di euro per i prossimi 5 anni. "Ora non dipende più dalla Roma, noi abbiamo fatto un'offerta importante. Più di lui guadagna solo un giocatore unico e irripetibile, Totti" - spiega la Sensi -. Che poi rincara la dose: "Io devo pensare alla serenità del gurppo. Cassano deve essere sereno, e non lo è. La maglia è importantissima, deve capirlo anche Cassano. Non ho più intenzione di incontrare nè Cassano nè il suo procuratore Bozzo. La tolleranza per Antonio Cassano è terminata. Non sto dicendo che non giocherà più, ma abbiamo bisogno di persone serene e che non pensino ai contratti, chi lo dimostrerà giocherà". Infine la Sensi ha smentito che la Roma abbia mai offerto il suo gioiello alla Juventus: "Cassano non è stato offerto ai bianconeri, non ne so nulla".
I margini di riconciliazione sono adesso minimi. La posizione del giocatore del giocatore e del suo entourage è chiara: a febbraio la Roma aveva offerto a Cassano 24 milioni in 5 anni, poi la mancata qualificazione in Champions League (che avrebbe portato cash nelle casse giallorosse) ha fatto ridimensionare la proposta di rinnovo. Cassano, che vanta un credito di 1 milioni di euro di arretrati in diritti di immagine dalla Roma, non ci sta, e vuole almeno un ritocco dell'ultima proposta. Bozzo ha così replicato alle parole dell'amministratore delgato della Roma: "Bisognerebbe usare buon senso da parte di tutti ma sarà difficile visto che la dottoressa Sensi ha detto che non vuole parlare nè con me nè con il mio assistito".
La Sensi considera l'ultima offerta del club come definitiva. Difficile intravedere spiragli per un finale a lieto fine.

To add more oil to the fire, it seems like Roma gave its alleged final offer to cassano for a contract and he refused. they're basically losing patience with him and gettin frustrated over his antics during the ordeal, so he might not play much. The rest is just explaining how the two parties got there.
So this either means he's comin here next year for free; or he'll get shipped out of italy.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Cassano Camp Blast Roma Decision
10/16/2005 1:09:00 PM
Antonio Cassano’s agent has hit out at Roma after they decided to terminate contract talks with the Italian international.
The former Bari star rejected a two-year deal from the giallorossi, and the club have now announced that they would refuse to meet with Cassano or his agent.

"I didn’t think the situation had reached that level," said his representative Giuseppe Bozzo.

"Above all, I don’t believe it right to say Roma can no longer ’tolerate’ our position, as Antonio has lived through issues that were far more deserving of that term."

He continued: "If that’s what Roma are saying, then we will adhere to their wishes. The last contact we had with them was on Friday night with director of sport Daniele Prade, but nothing suggested such a drastic termination in the talks."

Bozzo added that Cassano wants to stay at Roma.

source: goal.com

Jul 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++
I think a lot of you people are looking at the short term when you say we dont need him. Think about it though. We dont need him right now, that is a fair analogy. But we shouldnt forget Del Piero isnt going to be getting any younger. Sure he's on fine form, but that doesnt mean he's got a future any longer than what is expected of a striker. I'm afraid he'll have to be replaced by Antonio in the summer even though I'd like him to stay and end his career here. The implications are tremendous. Not only, will we be getting Cassano as cheap as possible, if not free, but we'll be making sure nobody else signs him. And in doing so also get a long term solution to Del Piero whether we like it or not.
Its clear as day that in the long term we need a replacement for the aging dp.

Cassano has the talent, which in theory should do. But his character lets him down. Cassano wont be dp's replacement, he will be something totally different.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
he will be dp's replacement.though they are not similar in terms of pesonality and temperament,from a footballing sense alone,cassano will fill dp's shoes the way he filled baggio's.you cant stop the cycle.
signing him in june looks most likely,but with the world cup looming on the horizon,and cassano being desperate for football,i woudlt be surprised if we sign him in january and then send him on a 6 month loan to some other small serie A club so he can start his juventus career in june without any skeletons in the cupboard.
he will get first team football before the worldup.
we wont have to disrupt our current squad places in mid season.

sweet n simple:D

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I'd still like to see Del Piero go to the World Cup ahead of Antonio Cassano. I really think Del Piero will do well for himself when the expectations aren't as much as they've been previously.

May 4, 2004
Great Post ! Totally Agree !

Jul 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by axlrose85 ] ++
he will be dp's replacement.though they are not similar in terms of pesonality and temperament,from a footballing sense alone,cassano will fill dp's shoes the way he filled baggio's.you cant stop the cycle.
signing him in june looks most likely,but with the world cup looming on the horizon,and cassano being desperate for football,i woudlt be surprised if we sign him in january and then send him on a 6 month loan to some other small serie A club so he can start his juventus career in june without any skeletons in the cupboard.
he will get first team football before the worldup.
we wont have to disrupt our current squad places in mid season.

sweet n simple:D
Signing cassano at christmas for a knockdown price,that i could agree with, send him to parma, they need some help :D

Jul 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by axlrose85 ] ++
id rather send him to lazio.
talk abt rubbing salt on roma's wounds:D
Talk about sending somewhere to find his form :groan:.....The lazio fans will kill him anyway.:groan:

Codino

The Rival
Jul 21, 2002
I'd still like to see Del Piero go to the World Cup ahead of Antonio Cassano. I really think Del Piero will do well for himself when the expectations aren't as much as they've been previously.
but delpiero has had his chance, and quite frankly on a personal, he didnt do well at all.
dont get me wrong, if he plays a good season, i would like him to get picked.
but when this cassano-roma bullshit is over, and he starts playing like he always does, u cant leave this guy out.

lestat_1987

Aug 31, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Codino ] ++

but delpiero has had his chance, and quite frankly on a personal, he didnt do well at all.
dont get me wrong, if he plays a good season, i would like him to get picked.
but when this cassano-roma bullshit is over, and he starts playing like he always does, u cant leave this guy out.
this is true, this season we haven´t seen the "good" cassano. but the truth is: Lippi loves DP as, easy as that. If DP has a good season, he would leave anyone out just to take Alex.

lestat_1987

Aug 31, 2005
I don´t think we will leave Cassano home, but someone else would pay the price. I´m guessing Iaquinta or Toni. Cause as far as I see it Gila and Vieri will go for sure. Maybe someone will be injured, we don´t know.

Codino

The Rival
Jul 21, 2002
yeh exactly. lucarelli, bonazzoli. are also players id put on the list.
but its so hard to choose the best 5 or 6.
we gotta undersdtand tho, totti and gilardino will not e moved. even despite or 'form'. they are 2 players who can do things out of nothing. which leaves 3 spots open for anyone

lestat_1987

Aug 31, 2005
I´m sure DP can also be considered on of those players who will not be moved. At least in Lippi´s notebook. I´m also pretty sure the media would make a huge fuzz if he is not picked.
The other possible choices: vieri, cassano, iaquinta, toni, lucarelli.
Did bonazzoli already get a cap sometime? can it be I´ve seen him on a u-21 team a couple of years ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 99)