The Neverending Story-Cassano to Juve (7 Viewers)

Do you want to see Cassano at Juve?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Not really. IMO he's an ass for not extending his contract with Roma. Unless he wants to join Juventus for a reason other than money that is.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++

Cassano has been very quiet and said nothing so far. He wants to play in the World Cup and if he is gonna be benched I think he would be moaning quite a lot right now. The silence may prove that there is something that will happen today as he does not want to risk the WC. He seems to quiet in this current situation if you know what I mean.
I am thinking he will sign an extension afterall.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Maresca78 ] ++
sports.it says that cassano and Mancini are in training with roma today.. bad sign...
Good and bad, Mancini will add something to the team. Cassano's role is played at the club.

OP
Maresca

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
  • Thread Starter #5,969
    ++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++

Good and bad, Mancini will add something to the team. Cassano's role is played at the club.
    Agree Mancini can play in defence and midfield.. he is definitly better than zebina..

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Maresca78 ] ++
    sports.it says that cassano and Mancini are in training with roma today.. bad sign...
    Why? He's currently a Roma player so he has to report for training. Anyway training sessions end by midday/1pm so they have all the afternoon.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    I will be off to work in a couple of hours, I will be disconnected from the internet for after the market is over, who is willing to SMS me if we acquire any player?

Mar 6, 2005
    ++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++
    I will be off to work in a couple of hours, I will be disconnected from the internet for after the market is over, who is willing to SMS me if we acquire any player?
    I'd gladly do that Jeeks.. If I weren't going out and being away from my computer and any new for the rest of the day as well..

May 4, 2004
    Cassano risks World Cup axe Wednesday 31 August, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Under-21 boss Claudio Gentile has warned Antonio Cassano that he will miss the World Cup if he spends this term on the Roma bench.

Cassano could sit out most of the season as ‘punishment’ for not extending his contract at the Stadio Olimpico which currently expires next summer.

The player has already been omitted from the Azzurri’s latest World Cup qualifiers because of a lack of action, and a similar fate could await him next June.

"If he doesn’t play regularly then it will be difficult for him to be a part of the Finals," Gentile commented.

"I don’t really want to talk about Cassano but it is clear that if somebody doesn’t play for their club then it will be hard for them to be in the squad."

Roma have offered the Bari starlet a new deal but the player has rejected it, deeming the proposed salary as inadequate.

The Giallorossi now risk losing their £20m signing from Bari on a free transfer, unless he joins another club before the transfer window closes later today.

Milan and Inter have been associated, but it seems that Juventus are in pole position to make a last minute swoop.

"I want Cassano to stay at Roma but it is up to the player himself to decide," says capital ‘keeper Gianluca Curci.

"I have a special rapport with Antonio and we have been friends for three years. However, I don’t know what will happen."

The Bianconeri have insisted that Cassano will not be targeted but whispers suggest that is not the case.

Juve are allegedly ready to offer players – Adrian Mutu, Giorgio Chiellini and Federico Balzaretti – for the talent.

May 4, 2004
    Last Day Serie A Transfer Market Analysis
    8/31/2005 11:15:00 AM
    Let’s analyze the possible transfers that may or may not occur today for Serie A’s top teams.
    With less than 12 hours to go, the transfer market will be living its most important day as many transfers will happen or crumble by 7pm tonight, that is when the official transfer market closes.

This will be the final rush for most squads, especially the important clubs who are still looking to purchase the cherry on top of the cake. In the past years we have witnessed literally last minute transfers as was the case of Nesta, Di Vaio and Ibrahimovic just to mention a few names. This year it will not be different.

The reigning Serie A champions, Juventus, will have the last chance to get their hands on Antonio Cassano and maybe even Mancini. The Roma directors have denied that these two players will be leaving the capital city, but can anyone realistically imagine Cassano being benched for the whole Serie A campaign? It is a lose-lose situation for Roma if they do so and something should be expected to happen, even if it meant that ‘Peter Pan’ signs a new contract with the Giallorossi.

Despite Adriano Galliani denying the arrival of other players, Milan are currently hot on the trail of Alex from PSV Eindhoven (on loan from Chelsea), as Paolo Maldini’s current injury continues to worry the medical staff at the Milan lab. Abramovich does not want to sell the player as he sees him as an important investment for the future, but might be willing to loan him to Milan seeing the good relationship between both clubs. If this deal does not go through, the Rossoneri are also following Udinese’s Felipe Da Silva and Gonzalo Rodriguez of Villareal.

In attack, Filippo Inzaghi’s physical conditions are not perfect and Albert Gilardino has not yet established himself at best in the squad. For this reason, Braida and company are also considering the idea of taking David Di Michele from Udinese.

Inter’s main transfer target remains an attacker to replace Christian Vieri. There are only two viable solutions left, after that Genoa’s Milito signed for Real Zaragoza, and these are Simone Inzaghi and Marco Di Vaio. The latter may remain in Spain after his agent denied that he will leave the club during this transfer market, therefore the chances of the younger Inzaghi joining the Nerazzurri in the last transfer market day are quite high.

Inter also want a replacement for Javier Zanetti who will be out for the next 40 days. The player who is topping the short list is Michel Salgado even though Mancini is also keeping an eye on Parma’s Bonera.

All of the above riddles will be solved in the next few hours as the main three Italian teams will try to win the ‘queen of the market crown’ with maybe even some unexpected transfer move.

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
    ha, good article from Glenn again.

You really need to make it a habit of crediting the author for their work, Juve_Kosova by writing their name at the bottom of the article!

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Juve_Kosova ] ++

All of the above riddles will be solved in the next few hours as the main three Italian teams will try to win the ‘queen of the market crown’ with maybe even some unexpected transfer move.
    I have a strong feeling that these riddles won't be solved.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Dan ] ++
    ha, good article from Glenn again.

You really need to make it a habit of crediting the author for their work, Juve_Kosova by writing their name at the bottom of the article!
    Or at least the source.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)