The Neverending Story-Cassano to Juve (143 Viewers)

Do you want to see Cassano at Juve?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

weiweiseu

May 10, 2005
++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++
And guys I think all of us know Moggi is showing such severe indifference so that he can get the best out of the Cassano deal. Roma will think he's not interested and end up settling for something rather than nothing next year. Thats the way I see it personally.
I agree with you. And I believe Roma will give in. As a matter of fact, it does not matter too much if we do not get cassano, but Roma~~

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
And guys I think all of us know Moggi is showing such severe indifference so that he can get the best out of the Cassano deal. Roma will think he's not interested and end up settling for something rather than nothing next year. Thats the way I see it personally.
Actually I think Roma knows very well how much Moggi wants Cassano, so his tactics are:

1. Either make Roma desperate to cash in and thus give in before august 31 for a relatively small amount of money.

2. Wait for Cassano to be a free transfer

3. Make Cassano force a buy-out clause on his new contract so that Cassano can still play football yet remain at a good price for Juve next season or mid.

No matter which way it is, all moggi has to do is wait, Roma are in a very bad position as all their moves will end up in a loss, they are only trying to minimize it now. We are in great position and thus we don't need to play mental wars to get the best deal.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by ZhiXin ] ++

I rather Balzaretti be in the RB rather than Zebina.

Why exactly? How many times have you seen him play?

I hate it how people here blow every single thing out of proportion. We get a player that played in Serie B for the last few years on a free transfer, who few have seen play, and all of a sudden we want him to be a starter.

We lose one match we suck, we win one we are the champions of the world... a little moderation people, dont be so extreme all the time.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++

Why exactly? How many times have you seen him play?

I hate it how people here blow every single thing out of proportion. We get a player that played in Serie B for the last few years on a free transfer, who few have seen play, and all of a sudden we want him to be a starter.

We lose one match we suck, we win one we are the champions of the world... a little moderation people, dont be so extreme all the time.
That is the reason y I want him to be in our squad. Since he has done pretty well in Torino, y not give him the chance to shine more in here? After all it is no harm ot let new players try out in the squad. If he were to suck badly, juz loan him or sell after 6 months of trial here.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by - vOnAm - ] ++

Actually I think Roma knows very well how much Moggi wants Cassano, so his tactics are:

1. Either make Roma desperate to cash in and thus give in before august 31 for a relatively small amount of money.

2. Wait for Cassano to be a free transfer

3. Make Cassano force a buy-out clause on his new contract so that Cassano can still play football yet remain at a good price for Juve next season or mid.

No matter which way it is, all moggi has to do is wait, Roma are in a very bad position as all their moves will end up in a loss, they are only trying to minimize it now. We are in great position and thus we don't need to play mental wars to get the best deal.
Make no mistake about it. Cassano will be a Bianconero one way or another, this year or next. The fact of the matter is, Moggi let go of Nonda only to be able to accomodate Cassano in his plans and make it a deal sweetener with Roma. They want Mutu, and he knows the deal he has tied Mutu to Juventus with is one of the best of his career, and he wont let go so easily. I think Moggi knows Roma better than they know him. All the cards are in our favour because Roma are the ones who need to do the selling. They're the ones who need something out of Cassano and they know that. Moggi deep down inside, knows Cassano will not re-sign with Roma much less with a buy out clause, or he wouldnt have the audacity to make such a comment. But its comments like these that will make Roma realise that Juventus are the only suitors for Cassano right now and are the only ones who can offer something before the market closes which is why they need to pull out all stops and settle for whats on the table come August 31st: the day when Cassano, I believe will be at Juventus.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003

That is the reason y I want him to be in our squad. Since he has done pretty well in Torino, y not give him the chance to shine more in here? After all it is no harm ot let new players try out in the squad. If he were to suck badly, juz loan him or sell after 6 months of trial here.

There's a huge difference from simply having him in the squad to pushing him in the first 11 as you suggested.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++

There's a huge difference from simply having him in the squad to pushing him in the first 11 as you suggested.
pushing him in the first 11 temporarily, not a long-term basis and monitor his performances.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004

Make no mistake about it. Cassano will be a Bianconero one way or another, this year or next. The fact of the matter is, Moggi let go of Nonda only to be able to accomodate Cassano in his plans and make it a deal sweetener with Roma. They want Mutu, and he knows the deal he has tied Mutu to Juventus with is one of the best of his career, and he wont let go so easily. I think Moggi knows Roma better than they know him. All the cards are in our favour because Roma are the ones who need to do the selling. They're the ones who need something out of Cassano and they know that. Moggi deep down inside, knows Cassano will not re-sign with Roma much less with a buy out clause, or he wouldnt have the audacity to make such a comment. But its comments like these that will make Roma realise that Juventus are the only suitors for Cassano right now and are the only ones who can offer something before the market closes which is why they need to pull out all stops and settle for whats on the table come August 31st: the day when Cassano, I believe will be at Juventus.
Not only are we the only current suitors, but I think Capello and Moggi have said enough to convince Cassano that we are the destination to be, even if many other clubs want him.
So you still think we'll move for him before 31st?
Come to think of it, you're probably right, with Moggi advising Cassano to have a buy-out clause on the new contract, even if Cassano were to leave in JAnuary, Roma would probably only recieve the same offer that we are offering now because of the buy-out clause. Hence why wait to sell him in January(and not play him) when Roma can gain good players plus offload Cassano's wages. Brilliant.
Hmm, ur makin me a believer. Lets hope I don't get disappointed.

Doesn't harm to rotate Balza/Zebina for a change especially at this start of the season.
Not at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 142)