The Neverending Story-Cassano to Juve (108 Viewers)

Do you want to see Cassano at Juve?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

djleli

Aug 12, 2004
++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++
News just in: Moggi has offered Roma Balzaretti and Blasi for Cassano. They say the key man continues to be Mutu though, because Miccoli could be going to Inter for C.Zanetti. I knew this would happen. Its Moggi's manipulative last minute tactic, lets see if he pulls it off though. God I'm praying he can save Mutu. We'll have a more concrete story by the end of today because Juve and Roma are meeting.
source?

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by ZhiXin ] ++
Balzaretti is offered instead? Honestly speaking I rather include Chiellini + Blasi in the deal. If we gave Balza away, we would lack a RB and if Balza happens to soar his wings, we would be knocking our heads silly.

If things stand, Id rather have Mutu. Yes, you're right though between Balzaretti and Chiellini, I'd rather Balzaretti stay.

++ [ originally posted by djleli ] ++
source?

Calciomercato. Yes, Gazetta has no reports yet, which to me only means Cassano is on his way, but the more time passes by, the more evident its getting that Moggi intends to manipulate the deal at the last moment when Roma wont have too many options.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Il tecnico della Roma Spalletti a muso duro a Reggio: "Le opportunità giele ho date". Mercoledì il procuratore incontra il ds Pradé: la Juve teme il Milan e spera nell'accordo

REGGIO CALABRIA, 29 agosto 2005 - Nel blitz della Roma tiene banco ancora il caso Cassano, finito in panca e col morale sotto i tacchi. Mercoledì, il manager Bozzo e il d.s della Roma Pradè si rivedranno per tentare un ultimo accordo. La Juventus è alla finestra, offrirebbe Mutu alla pari, ma Moggi si augura soprattutto che trovino un’intesa a Trigoria. "Io spero che s’accordino con una clausola non superiore a 10 milioni di euro per liberarlo l’anno prossimo" ammetteva Luciano Moggi ieri. La Juve, nell'anno del Mondiale, non vorrebbe prendere subito Cassano turbando, così, Del Piero. Ma, al contempo, non vorrebbe che s'inserisse il Milan, ipotesi che prenderebbe corpo seil giocatore non trovasse l’accordo con Sensi e, nel contempo, la Juve stessa tergiversasse.
Tornando alla Roma, Spalletti cerca ancora un portiere: dal Brasile potrebbe arrivare Doni, estremo difensore della Juventude, che cerca di acquisire il passaporto comunitario. Cassano resta l’argomento principe del dopogara, quindi. E Spalletti non gradisce: "Vorrei si indugiasse più sui complimenti a Mancini, a De Rossi, al modo di stare in campo e affrontare la gara di questa Roma che non sulla questione Cassano". Difficile dargli torto. Il blitz di Reggio Calabria è figlio d'una gara tattica, furba, intelligente. "Mancini, sul lato, ha interpretato benissimo ruolo e modo di giocare. Così come De Rossi, che sul gol è stato anche intelligentissimo a capire cosa fare su quella punizione di Totti".
Tiene banco, però, la questione Cassano anche col tecnico. Separato in casa, seduto in panca al lato opposto di Spalletti, alzatosi solo per scaldarsi nella ripresa e, per altro, nemmeno entrato. "Ho scelto l'undici che mi serviva per questo tipo di gara e poi va detto che le partite si perdono anche con Cassano, come succedeva l'anno scorso. Tra i miei attaccanti è quello che, più di tutti, è stato in campo e, quindi, le opportunità di mettersi in mostra gliele ho date. Credo di essere quello che più di tutti vuol bene ad Antonio. E' una questione di atteggiamento, lui deve mettersi a disposizione della squadra. Deve cambiare comportamento. Perché, in una squadra e nel calcio, è sempre questione di comportamento, non di come uno si chiama".
In casa Reggina Mazzarri difende la sua squadra. "Ditemi quante volte — chiedeva seccato all'indirizzo dei cronisti — la Roma ha trovato la porta oltre i 2 gol iniziali che, comunque, sono nati su nostri errori. Non dimenticate che abbiamo inserito giocatori nuovi in questi giorni e che avevamo molti debuttanti in A".

dal nostro inviato Gaetano Imparato

Gazzetta.it

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by SobatPadi ] ++
i was thinkin if really we are signing cassano

can we cope with his high demand salary>?

about 5 million a year rite?

Yea, well we just signed on another technical sponsor in the form of a bank in the region of 15 million euros if I'm not mistaken.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Roma-Cassano è proprio finita (CdS)
Lunedì, 29 agosto @ 09:53:30 CEST
Rassegna Stampa

Ormai la situazione è chiara e la Roma non tornerà per nessun motivo sui suoi passi. Oggi vertice decisivo tra le due società. Si stringe per Cassano a Torino. L'uomo chiave è sempre Mutu (che ieri è rimasto in tribuna)...
(Cds)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Capello: Don’t waste Cassano

Monday 29 August, 2005

Channel4.com wrote:

Fabio Capello has fuelled talk that Antonio Cassano could move to Juventus by insisting the talent can’t be wasted on the Roma bench.

The starlet is facing the prospect of watching most of this season from the sidelines, as ‘punishment’ for not extending his contract in the capital.

And after not being used in the Giallorossi’s 3-0 win at Reggina on Sunday, the Italian international is again being associated with a move to Turin before the transfer deadline.

"It’s sad to see him unhappy on the bench," the Bianconeri boss stated when asked about his former Roma pupil. "It seems to me that he is going through a very delicate time.

"But the most disappointing thing is that Italy can’t afford to be without him.

"This is World Cup year and you can’t go to Germany without someone like him. The boy is a real player, an extraordinary one."

Cassano’s contract expires in 2006, meaning that he could leave the Stadio Olimpico for nothing next June.

But Juve transfer guru Luciano Moggi insists that the enigma won’t be arriving at his club over the next few days.

"Could we swap Adrian Mutu for Cassano? No, Mutu is and will remain a Juventus player," stated Moggi.

"I would advise Cassano to extend his contract, perhaps by inserting a reasonable buy-out clause.

"If that happens then Roma will resolve the problem and re-find a player ready to have a stunning season."

However, whispers in Italy continue to suggest that the former Bari player could be wearing a black and white shirt – especially as Capello seems unconvinced by Alex Del Piero.

The Juve captain didn’t feature in the 1-0 win over Chievo, with Capello opting to use Marcelo Zalayeta as a substitute instead.

"I needed a player with a few more centimetres for the aerial balls, both in attack and defence," the Coach added.

"The game was still in doubt. Had that not been the case then I could have put on Del Piero."

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Moggi is with us in this forum, that's why he has answered our wishes.

The thing is that Moggi advises a buy-out clause, yup, thats the key...
Cassano plays this year, we get him cheap next year nomatter how good he plays, we offload dp next year, mutu takes neddy's position. And we have a very good situation.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I think he's coming but Moggi's words on Mutu do give me hope. In fact that is what could possibly be pusing the deal, the fact that Moggi wants to hold on to Mutu. We got him on a free and pay him 1m a year. That alone has got to be the deal of the decade.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
And guys I think all of us know Moggi is showing such severe indifference so that he can get the best out of the Cassano deal. Roma will think he's not interested and end up settling for something rather than nothing next year. Thats the way I see it personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 107)