The Neverending Story-Cassano to Juve (138 Viewers)

Do you want to see Cassano at Juve?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Cassano at Juventus will be a different story. Cassano at Juventus with Ibra, Mutu and Trezeguet will be probably one of the greatest line ups in our illustrious history.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++
To all the guys saying no to this: Think about it, we're about to acquire probably the greatest Italian player for the next decade.

The only problem I have with that is, we are giving away Romania's greatest player for this decade.

So if we dont have to give Mutu away and we can still get Cassano, I would be over the moon. Even if it meant Del Piero had to leave.
Nobody here denies that Cassano is a great player (call him the greatest Italian player for the next decade maybe too much), the reasons why most of the "No" clu don't want to see him here is that:

1- We don't NEED him at the moment, we are ok in the fordward line, in fact at the moment we have 5 forwards, coz seems that Zala is not going anywhere... but even without Zala we still have a very solid forward line.

2- Why paying for a player who we can get for free next year?

3- Mutu is doing a great job until know, and at the moment what he offers to Juve is what we need (polifuntional), he can play at midfield and attack... I know that you may are gonna say that Cassano also can play there, but we both know that this is not true, he is a seconda punta, he is a fordward.

4- Like someone said early, Mutu is ok by going to the bench... you can bet your life that Cassano will want to play... so we will have to change or hole tactical scheme just to add one player...

5- The deal it self is a VERY bad deal if you ask me... giving Mutu + Chiellini + CASH for him!!??? to damm much.

6- Theres still the "temper" thing, but on this one, you can still argue that Capello can control him, but this is still a question mark...

So, is Cassano a good move... in my opinion no... is ahe a great player, yes... is he the the greatest Italian player for the next decade... to early to say...

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by mark77 ] ++
Hey guys, I was just about to start eating my alphabet soup and look what it said...
You're going to revolutionize the Magic 8-ball market with this, mark77!

Last time I had alphabet soup talk to me, I was in a restaurant and it said, "Next time, order the salad." :scared:

ESS-Juventino

May 6, 2005
I agree with you Espectro in some parts.

But I do think today situation won't remain the same till next summer for buying him free.

Don't forget 2 main thing:

1- Roma don't let him leave free.
2- This year i s Worldcup Year.

Agree, very mysterious transfer sega.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by ESS-Juventino ] ++
I agree with you Espectro in some parts.

But I do think today situation won't remain the same till next summer for buying him free.

Don't forget 2 main thing:

1- Roma don't let him leave free.
2- This year i s Worldcup Year.

Agree, very mysterious transfer sega.
1- If Cassano don't sign an extention in his contract (wich seems that he will not) Roma can't keep him next year, he will be a free agent.

2- So? this only proves my "4" point... he WILL demand playing time.

ESS-Juventino

May 6, 2005
Espectro Added.

Pool:

Cassano Arrives: Yes (15)
ESS-Juventino, Juno, Roman, weiweiseu, Juve_kosova, Chxta, Sobatpadi, Holygr4le, DelpieroForlife, Swag, axlrose85, Huzi, IlRomanista, Baggio, tassard

Cassano Arrives: No (9)
Sid, Espectro, Jeeks, Don Bes, John #10, djleili, mark77, nedved11, Espectro

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Espectro ] ++

Nobody here denies that Cassano is a great player (call him the greatest Italian player for the next decade maybe too much), the reasons why most of the "No" clu don't want to see him here is that:

1- We don't NEED him at the moment, we are ok in the fordward line, in fact at the moment we have 5 forwards, coz seems that Zala is not going anywhere... but even without Zala we still have a very solid forward line.

2- Why paying for a player who we can get for free next year?

3- Mutu is doing a great job until know, and at the moment what he offers to Juve is what we need (polifuntional), he can play at midfield and attack... I know that you may are gonna say that Cassano also can play there, but we both know that this is not true, he is a seconda punta, he is a fordward.

4- Like someone said early, Mutu is ok by going to the bench... you can bet your life that Cassano will want to play... so we will have to change or hole tactical scheme just to add one player...

5- Theres still the "temper" thing, but on this one, you can still argue that Capello can control him, but this is still a question mark...

So, is Cassano a good move... in my opinion no... is ahe a great player, yes... is he the the greatest Italian player for the next decade... to early to say...

Let me address some of your concerns Espectro:

1. It is true we dont need him at the moment. Having said that however, we both know Cassano's destined to be at Juventus this year or next. The problem is if we leave him at Roma, theyll leave him on the bench for the entire season knowing that he is going to Juventus (tht wont help his confidence or skill and learning process), and then when he's available on a free, Milan and Inter will both be able to give us competition for his services. Remember, theyre both better paymasters and they both are going to need replacements for Vieri who would be 33 next season, Inzaghi, Recoba and perhaps even Adriano or Oba Oba both of whom could be sold at a premium next term. So my point is, if we're anyway going to get him, lets do so when we're the only club in the chase so we have the monopoly to make the deal happen. I guess this answers your second point as well.

3. Check every post of mine over the last 20 pages and you'll see how bitter I am at the prospect of letting Mutu be part of this deal. Having said that however, I'm calm as of now because I think Moggi recognises Mutu's versatility just like you and I do and I have a gut feeling Mutu will stay. Of course thats not enough, but lets not get ahead of ourselves till its official. Every report has been conflicting between Miccoli and Mutu and I think Moggi will make the most logical move knowing both Miccoli and Zalayeta dont want to stay.

4. Yes, it is true Cassano may not want to be on the bench, but I dont see why we will be changing our tactics to accomodate him. He'd fit into a 4-4-2. And as far as I'm concerned a Zlatan - Cassano partnership on paper at least, looks like it could go on to become one of the most formidable attacking lines in our history.

5. The tantrum tactic has been much speculated here, but I can tell you Juventus is bigger than Cassano and Juventus is bigger than Capello. Its a well organised disciplined institution and one of the most successful clubs in Europe. The atmosphere alone is intimidating enough. Add to that, you've got stalwarts like Buffon, Cannavaro, Zambrotta, Thuram, Vieira, Emerson and yes, Capello to show Cassano the way. Dont see how he could go wrong with that guidance.

In conclusion, you are right, only time will tell how good this move would be, but I think we'd have to make the move to find out; because more than than the skill, Cassano has got something I believe we have been missing for quite some time: big game temperament.

ESS-Juventino

May 6, 2005
my mistake. I'm sleepy. sorry!

Pool:

Cassano Arrives: Yes (15)
ESS-Juventino, Juno, Roman, weiweiseu, Juve_kosova, Chxta, Sobatpadi, Holygr4le, DelpieroForlife, Swag, axlrose85, Huzi, IlRomanista, Baggio, tassard

Cassano Arrives: No (8)
Sid, Espectro, Jeeks, Don Bes, John #10, djleili, mark77, nedved11

I'm off now. Pool continues till official announcement.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++

Let me address some of your concerns Espectro:

1. It is true we dont need him at the moment. Having said that however, we both know Cassano's destined to be at Juventus this year or next. The problem is if we leave him at Roma, theyll leave him on the bench for the entire season knowing that he is going to Juventus (tht wont help his confidence or skill and learning process), and then when he's available on a free, Milan and Inter will both be able to give us competition for his services. Remember, theyre both better paymasters and they both are going to need replacements for Vieri who would be 33 next season, Inzaghi, Recoba and perhaps even Adriano or Oba Oba both of whom could be sold at a premium next term. So my point is, if we're anyway going to get him, lets do so when we're the only club in the chase so we have the monopoly to make the deal happen. I guess this answers your second point as well.

3. Check every post of mine over the last 20 pages and you'll see how bitter I am at the prospect of letting Mutu be part of this deal. Having said that however, I'm calm as of now because I think Moggi recognises Mutu's versatility just like you and I do and I have a gut feeling Mutu will stay. Of course thats not enough, but lets not get ahead of ourselves till its official. Every report has been conflicting between Miccoli and Mutu and I think Moggi will make the most logical move knowing both Miccoli and Zalayeta dont want to stay.

4. Yes, it is true Cassano may not want to be on the bench, but I dont see why we will be changing our tactics to accomodate him. He'd fit into a 4-4-2. And as far as I'm concerned a Zlatan - Cassano partnership on paper at least, looks like it could go on to become one of the most formidable attacking lines in our history.

5. The tantrum tactic has been much speculated here, but I can tell you Juventus is bigger than Cassano and Juventus is bigger than Capello. Its a well organised disciplined institution and one of the most successful clubs in Europe. The atmosphere alone is intimidating enough. Add to that, you've got stalwarts like Buffon, Cannavaro, Zambrotta, Thuram, Vieira, Emerson and yes, Capello to show Cassano the way. Dont see how he could go wrong with that guidance.

In conclusion, you are right, only time will tell how good this move would be, but I think we'd have to make the move to find out; because more than than the skill, Cassano has got something I believe we have been missing for quite some time: big game temperament.
Baggio... Im not agaisnt the move... im against the move now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 138)