The Neverending Story-Cassano to Juve (47 Viewers)

Do you want to see Cassano at Juve?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by djleli ] ++
fresh news from goal.com is saying that moggi and rosella have found an agreement about cassano the only thing needed is the player's signature. he will sign a contract till 2010 and to roma we wil give 15m plus mutu. cassano wil get 3m per year. shit mutu is going:(
What the ****?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++
Get over it. Whatever happens with Cassano, Gilardino is not going to be coming to Juve. He's off to Milan.
sad, but true, we always get the second choice,
we will have to live with it:down:

and we might also loose Zala+Mutu+Miccolis half in the procces,
all this could buy Gila, we dont need a caracter like Cassano,
neither his absence, as a player would be catastrofic:dontcare:

May 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Cronios ] ++

sad, but true, we always get the second choice ,
we will have to live with it:down:

and we might also loose Zala+Mutu+Miccolis half in the procces,
all this could buy Gila, we dont need a caracter like Cassano,
neither his absence, as a player would be catastrofic:dontcare:
WHAT??????????
omg! U really just dont know what ur talking about..!
Cassano is SOOOOOOOOOOO much more talented then Gila is [even if u cant really compere them to eachother as we are talking about a striker and a forward].. DAMN!!!

and NO i dont hate Gila, i STILL hope we sell Trez and SIGN GILA!!

and Cassano no matter what!

but anyway.. Cassano would be Just fine imo :)

Sep 1, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Juve_Kosova ] ++

WHAT??????????
omg! U really just dont know what ur talking about..!
Cassano is SOOOOOOOOOOO much more talented then Gila is [even if u cant really compere them to eachother as we are talking about a striker and a forward].. DAMN!!!

and NO i dont hate Gila, i STILL hope we sell Trez and SIGN GILA!!

:)
Well put, I think.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
U r right my friend, we cant judge if Cassano is much more talented then Gila,
but IMO we need more Gila than Cassano,
he is the finisher,
the scorer, the big gun,
the most expensive youngster,
a player everybody wants,
we choose Cassano because Gila is someone else's choice,
i really hope future will proove u right.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
I was think about Juve's transfer campAin this year... all this Cassano fever and expectation has a negative side you know...

And all turns in one simple question: What do we NEED?

What lines do we need to strength to be a better team? In my humble opinion, at the moment we have two lines that doesn't NEEED to be strength: Goalkeepers (OK maybe a backup keeper) and our Fordwards.

Wich lead us to the next question:

What if Cassano doesn't sign for Juve? infact, what if we don't sign a big name for our front line?

I would love to see either Cassano or Gilardino in Juve, it would be great dont get me wrong, but, we all know that Moggi is not known to go for the obious signings, what I mean is that everybody its expecting that we sign Cassano, and maye the surprise is... I don't know, Chivu maybe...

But lets get back to our point, what Im afraid is that if Moggi does not get Cassano , some fans could say that our transfer campain was a failure... nothing more far from the true.

If we mange to get a world class defender, a creative midfielder and maybe a winger, we are done, everything else is a luxury.

Whats my point here? well my point is that if by a strange twist in faith we don't sign Cassano, I don't want that our fans feel like our transfer campain was a joke. In this moment, has it is, our front line its great, we dont NEED Cassano, it would be great to have him, but at the moment we have other NEEDS, like the ones I post before.

I just want to share this tougth with you guys, just to put some feets in the grown :D

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I tend to agree with u,
(we dont need any attackers, we need a creative DM)
but i dont believe someone like Chivu is necesary either this year,
we already have Kovac on the bench,
that was a bad move if we intent to buy another world class CB,
we need a world class RB to form a world class supersolid defence
and a young back up,
if Thuram, gets so old/injured/die then we can always sign someone at Xmas

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Well thats a good point, But the problem is that at the moment we have only 3 central defenders that are sure to stay in the team: Canna, Thuram and Kovac. You could say that we have Tudor, but in my opinion, he will be loan out again.

Now having in consideration that we have to play in 3 competitions, then you will se that we need at least one if not two central defenders.

I mention Chivu, coz Moggi has said tha he is talks with Roma to make some negotations, this to me means that we will have either Cassano or Chivu (maybe Mancini)

Now, you are missing my central point, and its that, if we don't get Cassano, but we get the players that we need, we would have a great tranfers season.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
"if we don't get Cassano, but we get the players that we need, we would have a great tranfers season"

agree we need a star in the midfield much more than Cassano.

Back on CBs, we have Thuram+Canna as starters,
Kovac,Montero,Massielo and even Zebina as back up,
i would like Chivu too but, his price and our needs make Panucci as a much more logical moove,unfortunately

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
Juventus are due to meet up with Roma next week, with Antonio Cassano's future likely to be high on the agenda.

Cassano has still to sign a contract extension in the Italian capital and the delay has fuelled talk he will be sold in the summer.

The temperamental attacker has 12 months remaining on his present deal but Roma will not countenance losing Cassano for nothing.

To that end, they will be prepared to sell the schemer if they are unable to persuade Cassano to sign an extension.

Serie A champions Juventus have long been mooted as favourites to land Cassano, who worked with Old Lady coach Fabio Capello at Stadio Olimpico.

Turin officials are expected to hold a meeting with their Roma counterparts next week, particularly now the capital club have solved their coaching dilemma after appointing Luciano Spalletti.

"We have a good relationship with Roma," said Juve general manager Luciano Moggi.

"It was useless to meet in the past few days due to the fact they hadn't chosen their new coach.

"We will meet next week when we could discuss, with calm, a few things."

Reports claim Juve have offered €15 million for Cassano, while they could throw in Adrian Mutu or Fabrizio Miccoli as a makeweight in the deal.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
New Roma boss Luciano Spalletti has outlined his plans for the side and hopes Antonio Cassano can play a part in them.

"I am honoured by this appointment and the negotiations took a decisive twist after I was able to free myself from Udinese," he said after penning a two-year contract worth £1.4m per season.

There have been strong reports that his arrival will be followed by that of Friuli star David Pizarro, although the £10m price-tag could push them towards the more affordable Guti of Real Madrid.

"We haven't discussed the transfer strategy yet and will look over the situation over the next few days. We want to keep all Roma's great players and that includes Antonio Cassano."

It is an important statement, as the ex-Bari prodigy is expected to leave in the summer for an £11m switch to Juventus.

His contract expires in 2006 and renegotiations are not going well, so a lot depends on how Cassano forges a rapport with the new Coach.

He has made no secret of his desire to work with Fabio Capello again and even this statement of faith may not be enough to hold him to the Olimpico.

"I am very satisfied to hand the Roma squad over to Spalletti," announced Roma President Franco Sensi.

"I know that the team is in good hands. I am convinced that after a difficult year we will start afresh and quickly return to challenging for honours with a side that has the quality to do so."

The Giallorossi have been through four Coaches since Capello joined Juve in May 2004 – Cesare Prandelli, Rudi Voller, Luigi Del Neri and Bruno Conti – and that uncertainty saw them battle against relegation and lose the Coppa Italia Final to Inter.

"Spalletti has proved how committed he is to taking charge of Roma and this represents great determination and character in my eyes," continued Sensi.

"We thank Bruno Conti for the sacrifices he has made over the last few months. I'm convinced that from this moment on Roma will be back where they belong."

From Channel 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 47)