The Neverending Story-Cassano to Juve (99 Viewers)

Do you want to see Cassano at Juve?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Cassano is not GOD, he scores half of what DP does. If he comes I hope we won't sell Mutu, maybe loan him and take him back after DP leaves.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Well Cassano is a great player but he is not a god yes he will improve our team but no he won`t make us unbeatable
and by the way I think his first season with us will be a good one but the season after he would be golden ball candidate and Zlatan would win it (2 years to the future...)

olkiller

Sep 9, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Orgut ] ++
Well Cassano is a great player but he is not a god yes he will improve our team but no he won`t make us unbeatable
and by the way I think his first season with us will be a good one but the season after he would be golden ball candidate and Zlatan would win it (2 years to the future...)
You must be drunk :D

Jul 28, 2002
what has cassano actually done ?? Consistancy ....apart from being a plonker, he is incosisntant with his match winning performances. he isnt a goalscorer and he isnt a creator, he fals neatly in between....a skilled driblling forward.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
Well Juventus and Antonio Cassano have been flirting with each other for months now. First the nice comments about Capello being like a dad and so on. But now, I think it has eventually moved out of the flirting stage and moved onto full out and out courtship rituals.

Gigi Buffon has waded in inviting; the talented, but temperamental star to Turin insisting it’s the perfect place for the player:

"He is a player who has grown up a lot in recent times.”

"He’s a lot more disciplined than he was at the European Championship Finals. He would be perfect for Juventus."

I personally think the only thing between Cassano and Juventus now is the form of Del Piero, if Juventus do get decide to allow Alex to leave, or at least endure a place as second best for next season, then his replacement is waiting in the wings with a big bunch of flowers and a grin on his face.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
maybe we can wait one more year,
-roma is going down,next year he could be free or even cheaper after another disastrous season, by desperate for funds roma, in wich everybody will blame everybody and even totti will leave
-we could honour DP,keep him and trust one more year, insipire our players and show everybody juve respects its children
-give mutu a chance and dont proove everybody how greedy we are, having mutu who choosed us by all the FCs, only to use him as swap material
-if we buy a creative midfielder and a finisher or keep treze,
then we sould constanlty sub someone=>more problems
-he is a problematic caracter and we need stability, he isnt the man that we sould built the team upon, this merc could leave any time for any problem

Togon

Nov 2, 2003
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
what has cassano actually done ?? Consistancy ....apart from being a plonker, he is incosisntant with his match winning performances. he isnt a goalscorer and he isnt a creator, he fals neatly in between....a skilled driblling forward.

Stagione Squadra Competizione Presenze Reti
2003-04 Roma Serie A 33 14
2003-04 Roma Coppa Uefa 6 4
2002-03 Roma Serie A 26 9
2001-02 Roma Serie A 22 5
2000-01 Bari Serie A 27 3
1999-00 Bari Serie A 21 3

may you should look at the stats before hammering down the most talented player in italy.

he is developing well, scored 14 goals last season, and 8 in the ongoing so far.

he was the best player of italy in the EC, (i could not find his nazionale stats, but he scored about 4 goals in 6 appereances.)

imo he is already better than DP (though i love alex)

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Cassano is definitely enjoying a hype at the moment, be it on the national front with the Azzuri or at Roma. Both Lippi and Juventus seem to put him up on a pedestial, with seemingly not enough to justify his status. There's no doubting his talent, but I'm going to have to say, I cant see Cassano as the symbol of Juventus (despite the fact, that I think he has a very competitve spirit and most importantly, has a temperament that thrives on the big stage). Sure, I'd be ecstatic for him to come to Juve, even if it be at Del Piero's expense. But i think there's only one man who can actually symbolize our qualities on the pitch, and express his skill much the same way Del Piero used to do. This mantle now in my opinion, squarely rests on the shoulders of Adrian Mutu.

May 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++
Cassano is definitely enjoying a hype at the moment, be it on the national front with the Azzuri or at Roma. Both Lippi and Juventus seem to put him up on a pedestial, with seemingly not enough to justify his status. There's no doubting his talent, but I'm going to have to say, I cant see Cassano as the symbol of Juventus (despite the fact, that I think he has a very competitve spirit and most importantly, has a temperament that thrives on the big stage). Sure, I'd be ecstatic for him to come to Juve, even if it be at Del Piero's expense. But i think there's only one man who can actually symbolize our qualities on the pitch, and express his skill much the same way Del Piero used to do. This mantle now in my opinion, squarely rests on the shoulders of Adrian Mutu.
Agree We really should keep Mutu, but i still hope to se Cassano in Juve :D

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
If Cassano comes then Mutu will most certainly have to leave.
Moggi plan to get Cassano is to offer Mutu and ten millions to Roma.....and he will probably succeed, as it seems that Rosella Sensi is getting a "new friendship" with Giraudo and Moggi (main reason that made Franco Baldini quit as Roma General director). It is looking like Rosella has decided to change Roma policy and switch is old alliances with the small teams from center and south for a more secure and rewarding one with the power that comes from the north.

First advise from Giraudo when Rosella question him how to save Roma from deep financial troubles was: "Get rid of Totti and Cassano"....

pembohong

Jul 24, 2004
Cassano has an undeniable talent that may improve our performance on the pitch. But I never like the kid. His attitude is on the sama level as Totti's. So I'd rather keep Mutu instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 99)