The Neverending Story-Cassano to Juve (3 Viewers)

Do you want to see Cassano at Juve?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Oil cash funds Cassano move? Sunday 27 March, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juve have hinted that they could use the money from a new sponsorship deal to fund their summer bid for Antonio Cassano.

The club coffers were given a massive boost this week when it was announced that Libyan company Tamoil has signed on to pay £76m over the next five years to sponsor their shirts in all competitions. There is also an option to extend for a further five seasons at a cost of £90m.

Last summer saw a more cautious transfer approach from the Turin giants due to financial worries, so this sudden influx of fresh money will prompt them to bring in the top stars.

“We won’t go mad,” insisted director general Luciano Moggi. “Juventus will only bring in useful players to improve the squad.”

One such player is Antonio Cassano, who has been linked to the club ever since Fabio Capello took charge in May 2004.

Cassano has also pushed these rumours along by repeatedly confessing his admiration for the Coach and that he “misses him every day a little bit more.”

The uncertainty at Roma, who are on their fourth tactician of the campaign, and the fact he has yet to start serious renegotiations for a contract that expires in 2006 makes this summer a crucial stage in the young starlet’s career.

Real Madrid are also interested in the Italian international, but there can be no doubting his favoured destination should be finally break it off with the side that signed him for £20m in 2001.

"He is a player who has grown up a lot in recent times," said Juve goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon this week. "He’s a lot more disciplined than he was at Euro 2004. He would be perfect for Juventus and could win the Golden Ball with our help.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pretty much a done deal, imo. Now, if only we could pull it off without giving up any one of our forwards. (READ: ADRIAN MUTU)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Not of Mutu :D Seriously though, I think we should at least give the guy a try. If he can refind his Parma form I'd say no to Cassano in heartbeat, especially with Zlatan and DP doing well.

Mar 6, 2005
Trezeguet could be leaving this summer, leaving us with 5 forwards if cassano joins .. a tridente perhaps..?

---------Zlatan--------
DP---------------Mutu

or

------Zlatan----------
Cassano----------Mutu/DP

Imagine the possibilities..!!

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I like Trezeguet a lot and I think he is one of the rare natural finishers, but if Cassano is coming AND one of the DP/Mutu/Trezeguet has to be sold then I'd rather it be DP which is impossible so Trezeguet has to go...

I'd rather see them all rotating actually: Imagine having Cassano, Mutu, Zlatan, Trezeguet and DP all rotating

Codino

The Rival
Jul 21, 2002
yeh out of all of them, i think delpiero is the one who needs a new experience. staying at the same club must be dull. he needs a fresh approach. thats probably the only reason id want to sell.

because, Zlatan is new blood, Trez is still needed, Mutu is new blood, and Cassano would be a dream! haha

Mar 6, 2005
Yup :thumb:

And besides, all 4 (DP, Zlatan, Mutu, Cassano) will have plenty of assists between the 4 of them.. imagine.. the world's best attack, and defense (if we beef up in the summer..) .. Wonderful!! :D

Geof

May 14, 2004
still, I think we need a finisher, someone like Trez. Or Gilardino....

maybe Mutu wants to find his Parma form..... back in Parma?? and we get Gilardino?

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
It looks like we might have a new starting lineup next year (2 additions)
Buffon:Chiellini Canna Thuram Zambrotta:Nedved Emerson Camo: Cassano Trez Zlatan

I don`t believe Cassano will relegate DP to the bench from the start but maybe in the middle of the season or something cause we all know that Capello is putting players based on todays form and potential and not by 5 years ago form
It could be very intresting formation even through we might play 3-4-3 next season which I think I`ll like more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)