The Neverending Story-Cassano to Juve (147 Viewers)

Do you want to see Cassano at Juve?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Buffon calls in ‘perfect’ Cassano
Thursday 24 March, 2005
Gigi Buffon has invited Roma starlet Antonio Cassano to come and join him at Juventus next season.

The attacker is being tipped to leave the capital in the summer and Buffon insists Turin would be the perfect environment for his talents.

"He is a player who has grown up a lot in recent times," admitted the Italian international goalkeeper.

"He’s a lot more disciplined than he was at the European Championship Finals. He would be perfect for Juventus."

The 22-year-old has had his problems both on and off the field during his career so far, but Buffon insists Cassano could develop into a great wearing the Bianconeri shirt.

"He would certainly have to abide by a few more rules with us but he could win the Golden Ball with our help," he added.

Buffon, currently on international duty with Cassano, also pledged his own future to Juve following reports of interest from Real Madrid.

"I think a goalkeeper is the last of Real’s problems right now," stated the £33m man. "I have a long contract with Juventus and I’m happy in Italy."

The custodian was also asked for his opinion on Gennaro Gattuso and Giuseppe Pancaro’s decision to refuse an optional blood test, following Milan’s win at Roma on Sunday.

"Players have the choice to take the test or not, therefore I don’t understand what all the fuss is about," he noted.

"I firmly believe that our football is one of the cleanest in doping terms on the planet. I’m ready to bet on that."

Jul 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++
BUFFON SHUT UP!!!!

Once again, does Buffon "like" Cassano or something??? He keeps doing this, SHUT THE H**L UP, CASSANO IS SAYING IN ROME!!
i would love it for u to be right, but somehow he end up at the other half of rome :D

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++
BUFFON SHUT UP!!!!

Once again, does Buffon "like" Cassano or something??? He keeps doing this, SHUT THE H**L UP, CASSANO IS SAYING IN ROME!!
:D

Gotta love Buffon! Cassano is definately leaving, Turin looks good to be his next destination.
Which reminds me of a post once made here where the person posted an article about Emerson and how he wanted only to be sold to
Juventus, but replaced emerson's name with Cassano and the year to 2005.
Whatta a great prediction huh? It looks like one hell of a possibility to me.:D

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
And look who's coming to Roma

Esposito makes Roma plea Thursday 24 March, 2005

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Mauro Esposito has told Roma that he is ready to leave Cagliari at the end of the current campaign.

The winger has been one of the revelations of the season after netting 14 goals for surprise package Cagliari.

That has inevitably led to him being linked with a summer switch, especially as he is now also an Italian international regular.

"I’m happy at Cagliari and I am contracted to them until June 2008, but it is my dream to play for a big club," he stated.

"Milan, Inter and Juventus are great sides but I’m more interested in joining a club who can offer me regular first team football."

While Esposito could struggle to command a starting shirt with the big Italian three, Roma would suit him well.

"Roma are a big club despite the difficulties they are encountering this year," added the 25-year-old.

"I’m not frightened by the pressure of the capital because whoever plays in Serie A must be used to this.

"It would also be fantastic to play alongside somebody like Francesco Totti, an individual who makes difficult things look easy."

Esposito is currently training with the Azzurri and could play a key role in Saturday’s World Cup qualifier against Scotland.

source: channel4.com

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
++ [ originally posted by - vOnAm - ] ++

Gotta love Buffon! Cassano is definately leaving, Turin looks good to be his next destination.
Which reminds me of a post once made here where the person posted an article about Emerson and how he wanted only to be sold to
Juventus, but replaced emerson's name with Cassano and the year to 2005.
Whatta a great prediction huh? It looks like one hell of a possibility to me.:D
even better, why not let him stay the whole year in Rome and take him for free in 2006? :eek:

That would be Cassano's style to say I don't want to leave Roma and don't want a new contract. :D

Moggi must take it up a notch. :greedy:

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by mark77 ] ++

even better, why not let him stay the whole year in Rome and take him for free in 2006? :eek:

That would be Cassano's style to say I don't want to leave Roma and don't want a new contract. :D

Moggi must take it up a notch. :greedy:

so does all this make up for all the CLs lost in the finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 147)